New Son Of Bazerk. (Grown Man Rapp??-related.)

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Herm said:

Dope! Love it. Johnny Juice on the cuts.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Most unexpected hip-hop comeback ever?

b/w/

Pretty dope though

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    They were Grown Man Rapp back then.

• oh shit! Awesome!
    that absolutely kills about 90% of Hip Hop that has come out this year!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Big_Chan said:

Dope! Love it. Johnny Juice on the cuts.

Terminator X is going to be stoked to cash some checks offa this!

srslythowtfsonofbazerkcomebackinthelateohten? craze.

I like the song. I can't believe it. But I like the song.

All six of them.

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    Killer trrack, always been a big fan.

:feelin_it:

Is it out on 12" then?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Terrific stuff. One of those rare exceptions where I don't mind a band coming back and picking up exactly where they left off.

• dukeofdelridge said:

Terminator X is going to be stoked

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Damn, Herm, thanks for the heads up on this. Stoked!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    When I was a kid I used to always sing "Hot damn, here I am..."

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

That was I remember the days when hip-hop music was clever, fun, and entertaining like the joint posted. Oh well...

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

novocaine132 said:
    dukeofdelridge said:

Terminator X is going to be stoked

How is the ostrich game these days, I wonder? The meat isn't as big as it was a few years ago, when the brewpubs were pushing buffalo and yak and whatever. Did it fall off like frozen yogurt and bagel shops? Maybe it's all about the eggs.

Shoulda got into alpacas or fire-your-own pottery shops too, to spread the risk.

Dry beer.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Terrific stuff. One of those rare exceptions where I don't mind a band coming back and picking up exactly where they left off.

Fuck yeah. Everything about this makes me happy.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Fuck yeah. Everything about this makes me happy.

cosign

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Fun stuff. I like everything from the suspenders to their frontwoman. Johnny Juice is great, too.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Can someone please tell me where the hell that alt. version of "Mind Power" (with the braek) comes from?

Also used on this trizack:

The rest of the album is sounding pretty good, too. This is a good day.

musica said:
    Can someone please tell me where the hell that alt. version of "Mind Power" (with the braek) comes from?

It was released on a 12 by a label called Sound of Champions in 2004, I think (there's no date on the record). The single also has an extended edit of "Soul Pride" where the break goes on forever. I heard a rumor that Egon was behind it, but that struck me as idle speculation.

DJ_Enki said:
    musica said:

It was released on a 12 by a label called Sound of Champions in 2004, I think (there's no date on the record). The single also has an extended edit of "Soul Pride" where the break goes on forever. I heard a rumor that Egon was behind it, but that struck me as idle speculation.

Yeah, I got the twelve inch, just curious if it was drawn from an acetate or reel to reel or something? I also heard about the Egon connection from Cool Chris.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    WOAH! That was GREAT!

I especially loved the GALAXY part.

- spidey

• Dude has such a great voice.
    Feels just like they kept going..hope this gets the shine it deserves..

• musica said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    musica said:

Yeah, I got the twelve inch, just curious if it was drawn from an acetate or reel to reel or something? I also heard about the Egon connection from Cool Chris.

I assume it was booted from one of the Polydor reissues from the 90s. There were crazy unreleased mixes on some of those, like the 20-minute version of "Escape-ism" on the Hot Pants CD.

Maybe this one? http://www.discogs.com/James-Brown-Make-It-Funky-The-Big-Payback-1971-1975/release/1379600

Mongo_Slade said:

I assume it was booted from one of the Polydor reissues from the 90s. There were crazy unreleased mixes on some of those, like the 20-minute version of "Escape-ism" on the Hot Pants CD.

Maybe this one? http://www.discogs.com/James-Brown-Make-It-Funky-The-Big-Payback-1971-1975/release/1379600

Mind Power (Alternate)
    Backing Vocals, Tambourine, Percussion [Sticks] - John Morgan (2)

CASE CLOSED.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Mongo_Slade said:

Mind Power (Alternate)
    Backing Vocals, Tambourine, Percussion [Sticks] - John Morgan (2)

CASE CLOSED.

I have a version that has that exact break in it, and several long extended breaks that definitely are not in the album version. But my version also has guitar parts at points and basslines as well.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    nice! - more energy than a whole Kanye West album -

bw

crazy proud armpit flo

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    staxwax said:
    nice! - more energy than a whole Kanye West album -

bw

crazy proud armpit flo

Half-Pint's bingo wing game is strong.