My Wife's Weird Stalker Situation. Funny? Serious?

Comments

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Breez said:
    brokenrecord said:
    Breez said:

Blah, blah
    Ha ha. Yes, us birds do tend to natter on.

I thought you asked for a woman's opinion. My bad.

In my defense, I had no clue you were a woman.

Bad gay-dar AND bad gen-dar.

LMFAO!!!! Guilty as charged. I'm a mess, lol.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    First you need to do is ask yourself, "What would Chuck Norris do?"
    When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris.

Now whilst you're perusing that thought, take look at this totally inspiring picture of Chuck. Cause a picture is worth a thousand words. A Chuck Norris is worth 1 billion words.

The check out his awesome hair, look at the thickness of that beard. That's a real man. You're still thinking "What would Chuck Norris do?" right? Don't get lost in his eyes or that manly chesthair, focus on those guns. Yeah, guns and American flag, it's enough to give you wood, and how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris? ...ALL OF IT!! That's how fucking much. YEAH.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Chuck Norris jokes, on 2010?

"Really?"

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Chuck Norris can divide by zero. Who the fuck are you?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Chuck Norris jokes, on 2010?

"Really?"

On the bright side his post is funnier than any of the UK stand-up clips I've seen on here.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Breez said:
    Almond said:

She's probably already doing this, but avoid responding to any calls or messages. He doesn't sound like a physical threat if it's been mostly phone calls. These fools want attention and cannot be reasoned with so don't try. Let the authorities use your tax dollars to handle it. Buy her some mace to keep in her purse if you're worried. Practice a stranger-danger drill with Erys.

Thanks man. Great advice. I hate when someone I care about is scared, worried, etc and it disrupts their day to day routine.

It's natural to feel protective, but it's hard to keep your head cool when you're in a funky situation. Has wifey taken a self-defense class? My girlfriends say they are really empowering. However, as a 5'3" female, flight is probably a better option for me than fight.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Herm said:
    batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    More baseball card nerdery in this thread than in the NYTimes article thread...wow!

I don't consider the presence of "nerdery" in a "thread" all that "wow" worthy.....its an internet forum...

But seriously if dude tracked this dude down and threatened and or beat him and it got back to his wife's work, she'd almost certainly lose her job. Imo. I don't agree with that but it is reality.

If someone threatened/warned dude and it got back to her employers she could get fired?

Unfortunately, yes.

Wait a second.

Someone calls my woman/mom/girl/wifey/whatever and someone not related to her, lets say a co-worker or an Uncle from West Bubblefuck, who doesnt like the harassment, calls the harraser, the employer WILL fire HER?
    Or if the man is at home to receive the phone call and tells dude to step off, that can get her fired?

Break this down for me. pleez? And please to differenciate the Private sector and Public.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    What gets done gets done and that's it. That's the real world right there. You might want to write/read a bunch of books to the contrary and put your faith in agents who prove themselves as more corrupt than anything else.
    No, that's not it. There are lasting and far-reaching repercussions, you know, in the real world.

How I feel about these "agents", who I guess is the cops and government supports, etc., has nothing to do with it because it's not about me, it's about what works. Like it or not, they have to be at the table if anything is going to be done to fix the serious issues with our police forces. They are part of the problem, they have to be part of the solution. Trust me, I know it's much easier to just bitch than to actually address the problem head-on.

In amongst all the other jabs, I guess you are trying to say I know nothing about the "real world". Clearly, reality is relative.

HarveyCanal said:
    all your whining and self-righteousness
    lmho
    So rich.

HarveyCanal said:
    doesn't have any bearing on what another person chooses to do.
    And I find it amazing that you would even write this after all the community work you do.

• clearly the solution is to post threatening audio clips, dude's name, address, and phone number..

and strut massive hilarity will prevail.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    batmon said:
    Herm said:
    batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    More baseball card nerdery in this thread than in the NYTimes article thread...wow!

I don't consider the presence of "nerdery" in a "thread" all that "wow" worthy.....its an internet forum...

But seriously if dude tracked this dude down and threatened and or beat him and it got back to his wife's work, she'd almost certainly lose her job. Imo. I don't agree with that but it is reality.

If someone threatened/warned dude and it got back to her employers she could get fired?

Unfortunately, yes.

Wait a second.

Someone calls my woman/mom/girl/wifey/whatever and someone not related to her, lets say a co-worker or an Uncle from West Bubblefuck, who doesnt like the harassment, calls the harraser, the employer WILL fire HER?
    Or if the man is at home to receive the phone call and tells dude to step off, that can get her fired?

Break this down for me. pleez? And please to differenciate the Private sector and Public.

Well depending on what you said or how you got the contact info you might be fine....but if wifey uncle whatever gave you their contact info then they can get fired for givving out contact info via a resume that has nothing to do with you, I think. I honsetly don't know if info on a resume including contact info is considered spi or not. I mean if you called dude and was all "hello sir I am here to inform you that threats to wifey will be prosecuted to the furthest extent of the law" then I guess no big whoop but if you said "imma punch you if I see you" then then who knows.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    My opinion is to get as much evidence as possible.

A bit of counter stalking would help- if you can find out where he lives, works, car he dirves, etc. The more you know the more you can gauge how much of a threat he may be and also protect your family.

Get a photo of him and have that shit passed around your wife's work (and maybe around your neighbours) and warn ppl if they see him to let you or the cops know.

Also, the best bet would be to sue the person, so maybe get your wife to take some time off work (good also to be safe) ad go to the Dr get some medical records of how this is affecting her etc. As much shit that can show the dude is fucked her life up in a way.

If you want to make sure you wife is okay maybe follow her around one day at a distance to see if this dude is following her (if you know what he looks like). Or for the time being make sure she aint doing anything on her own, you or some mates can always be around.

you need to consider if this dude is just a looser/disgruntled fuckwit or a psycho...Gay or straight a psycho doesnt think noramly and will do shit that can harm your family, if its a case of psycho..I wouldnt try any tough guy stand over BS cus that usually makes psychos more crazy. Protecting your family is honourabvle but coppping 10 yrs for mansluahgter cus you had to beat some psycho to death would hurt them as well.

If the dude is just a looser then the subtle stand over might work, you or better yet a friend can 'visit' the dude at a spot that hes vulnerable (home, work) and talking nice and calmly let him know you know where to find him and that you are watching him...if you wife even breaks a nail, your coming to see him again and imply violence. Only if your sure the dude aint a psycho.

My two cents. Ive dealt with two stalker dudes in my past (one fucking with my gf the other fucking with my flatmate) lucky they were just loosers that backed off when they got stepped too, cus they were bullies. But a firend of mine had to deal with a psycho ex bf of his girl's and that shit got really ugly.

Or worse comes to worse ask harvey hopw much he'll charge you to come to B More and handle this shit for you ;-)

• bassie said:

HarveyCanal said:
    lmho
    So rich.

ha. i was wondering if i was the only one who caught that.

loko, loser=corny person, looser=opposite of tighter
    but generally , i agree with your advice. counter espionage!!! get some pics. tail the guy, see if he is hovering around your wife's work place, etc. the police suer as hell aint gonna do that!

and post the damn calls already!! sheeesh

• What Would Yoda Do?

tripledouble said:
    What Would Yoda Do?

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    bassie said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    What gets done gets done and that's it. That's the real world right there. You might want to write/read a bunch of books to the contrary and put your faith in agents who prove themselves as more corrupt than anything else.
    No, that not it. There are lasting and far-reaching repercussions, you know, in the real world.

How I feel about these "agents", who I guess is the cops and government supports, etc., has nothing to do with it because it's not about me, it's about what works. Like it or not, they have to be at the table if anything is going to be done to fix the serious issues with our police forces. They are part of the problem, they have to be part of the solution. Trust me, I know it's much easier to just bitch than to actually address the problem head-on.

In amongst all the other jabs, I guess you are trying to say I know nothing about the "real world". Clearly, reality is relative.

HarveyCanal said:
    lmho
    So rich.

HarveyCanal said:
    doesn't have any bearing on what another person chooses to do.
    And I find it amazing that you would even write this after all the community work you do.

I have to agree with Ms. Bassie. The law is almost always in favor of the woman when it comes to harassment claims.

Breez, I hope wifey is breathing easy and that the little one has got her zombie face on in case any lunatics show up.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    To better equip the strut & enable them to assist you in this delicate matter i think you should do the following...

Post an audio clip of said conversation & also post a picture of your extremely beautiful wife & we can judge how extremely beautiful she really is?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Bassie, not even try to step on your toes. It's just to me there is a better way to live than to have to depend on the state to handle every problem that rolls around. The law holds no consistent respect for me and thus I hold no consistent respect for the law. People do right because it's right, not because some fat man thinks he's enforcing his rules. Also, I don't do community work the way many in my shoes do community work. I don't feel like I'm saving the world, I'm just doing what I naturally do...the state be damned.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Bassie, not even try to step on your toes. It's just to me there is a better way to live than to have to depend on the state to handle every problem that rolls around. The law holds no consistent respect for me and thus I hold no consistent respect for the law. People do right because it's right, not because some fat man thinks he's enforcing his rules. Also, I don't do community work the way many in my shoes do community work. I don't feel like I'm saving the world, I'm just doing what I naturally do...the state be damned.
    Do you have a costume and a cool hideout yet? What about a sidekick? Do you need a sidekick..

Okem said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Do you have a costume and a cool hideout yet? What about a sidekick? Do you need a sidekick..

I know you need to polish up your comedic skills.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    tripledouble said:

and post the damn calls already!! sheeesh

Lol, if I do post the calls it will be after the situation with the cops and all that is over. I'm dying for you guys to hear them just as much as you want to hear them.

• Almond said:

I've never had a stalker

You sound less than hawt.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    batmon said:
    Okem said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Sorry, I forgot you like to be the only wannabe crime fighting superhero in the village.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    batmon said:
    Okem said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    I don't feel like I'm saving the world, I'm just doing what I naturally do...the state be damned.

"America... Fuck yeah! Here to-save-the-motherfucking-day-YEAH"

Bring on the CORN.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Wifey & daughter. The 2 people I would kill or die for.

• I would never post a picture of my wife on a message board and if I did and she found out she would fucking kill me, end of story.

• It's good to be a proud father and husband and want to show them off, but always remember, we collect records, there are a lot of creepy people in here. Like 90%.

Okem said:
    batmon said:
    Okem said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Sorry, I forgot you like to be the only wannabe crime fighting superhero in the village.

Almost......try again, but relax.

sabadabada said:
    I would never post a picture of my wife on a message board and if I did and she found out she would fucking kill me, end of story.

I do recall u posting photo of your wedding day. Am i mistaken?

• batmon said:
    sabadabada said:
    I would never post a picture of my wife on a message board and if I did and she found out she would fucking kill me, end of story.

I do recall u posting photo of your wedding day. Am i mistaken?

You're right. Shit. Don't tell my wife. Although, I think it was taken before the actual ceremony, so technically, she wasn't my wife yet.