My Wife's Weird Stalker Situation. Funny? Serious?

Comments

• For real though, I laughed when I read your post, because a) I pictured dude kinda how you pictured him and b) 'cause I was like "wait a minute...Breez doesn't REALLY think this way, does he??" I'm not offended in the least bit. I'm rarely super serious on here (and in real life) and I can pretty much find humor in anything, no matter how sexist, racist or whatever it could be.

But I've seen dudes get their head ripped off on here for lesser offenses so yeah, I was a little surprised that all you received was a NAGL. No biggie, though! I'd rather things be more mellow around here.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Being a do nothing pussy does = more civilized...sorry.

• regulating mens.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    The_Non said:
    bassie said:
    Dude needs to be served (by the cops).

Damn, I was hoping you were gonna suggest a hardcore street dance-off.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Herm said:
    For real though, I laughed when I read your post, because a) I pictured dude kinda how you pictured him and b) 'cause I was like "wait a minute...Breez doesn't REALLY think this way, does he??" I'm not offended in the least bit. I'm rarely super serious on here (and in real life) and I can pretty much find humor in anything, no matter how sexist, racist or whatever it could be.

But I've seen dudes get their head ripped off on here for lesser offenses so yeah, I was a little surprised that all you received was a NAGL. No biggie, though! I'd rather things be more mellow around here.

No harm, no foul. Even though this is just a message board, I still don't want people thinking I have any ill feelings toward any type of person. Unless someone does me wrong, I've kool with everyone.

It's all good Herm. I went back and read my post (rant) and I guess I was just venting and the way I worded it was :nagl:

Sorry if I offended anyone. That was not my intentions, at all.

• batmon said:
    Horseleech said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    dj_cityboy said:
    meh! on the beat down part.....violence with violence is bullshit, and gets you nowhere....maybe for those looking to boost their masculinity and let their inner "tough guy" persona out but this is the real world....

beat the shit out of the guy and you may get caught up in some shit you cant handle...deal with it the proper way and you come out on top and a much better person because of it..just saying...an adult approach is going to get you further then resorting to some shit you would do if you were 15 again...

Ain't about age or maturity. It's about principle. If someone is threatening my family, I'm taking care of it myself, at least until I realize I might be in over my head and in need of some additional help. Plus, in these types of situations, cops are often able to run some interference but aren't always able to dish out any tangible consequences. You yourself on the other hand...

b/w

You likely wouldn't have done shit when you were 15 either.

Be real. If you give this guy a beat down he would probably sue and possibly win millions of dollars.

Part of taking care of your family is financial security, which you would throw out the window by beating his ass.

Sad but true state of affairs ca. 2010.

Dont get caught. Duh.

I forgot it was so easy as just choosing not to get caught, I hope all the other criminals don't figure that out

batmon said:
    How would he know it was u?

Since he'd be by far the most likely suspect, maybe, just maybe the police would show the dude his photo.

Besides, if he didn't know it was Breez and why he was doing it - what's the point?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Hey tough guys! Fuck You.

I gotta go to to a responding to trauma workshop for the next two days so I know what fuck to say to a bunch of teenagers whose friend just got gunned down in his lobby on some street justice/take care of your own shit type business. Beat an ass over some BS today and kill over even less tomorrow.

I don't care what all your little exceptions to the rule are. You all talk some serious bullshit.

You aren't regulating shit but adding to the problem. If you really are so concerned about how little the cops do, then get off the computer, get organized and DO SOMETHING. Oh fuck nevermind, please, just stay on the computer. Goodness knows there's way too much work in hard work that doesn't pay off right away.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    batmon said:
    Horseleech said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    dj_cityboy said:
    meh! on the beat down part.....violence with violence is bullshit, and gets you nowhere....maybe for those looking to boost their masculinity and let their inner "tough guy" persona out but this is the real world....

beat the shit out of the guy and you may get caught up in some shit you cant handle...deal with it the proper way and you come out on top and a much better person because of it..just saying...an adult approach is going to get you further then resorting to some shit you would do if you were 15 again...

Ain't about age or maturity. It's about principle. If someone is threatening my family, I'm taking care of it myself, at least until I realize I might be in over my head and in need of some additional help. Plus, in these types of situations, cops are often able to run some interference but aren't always able to dish out any tangible consequences. You yourself on the other hand...

b/w

You likely wouldn't have done shit when you were 15 either.

Be real. If you give this guy a beat down he would probably sue and possibly win millions of dollars.

Part of taking care of your family is financial security, which you would throw out the window by beating his ass.

Sad but true state of affairs ca. 2010.

Dont get caught. Duh.

I forgot it was so easy as just choosing not to get caught, I hope all the other criminals don't figure that out

batmon said:
    How would he know it was u?

Since he'd be by far the most likely suspect, maybe, just maybe the police would show the dude his photo.

Besides, if he didn't know it was Breez and why he was doing it - what's the point?

Ex-boyfriend, brother, husband, crazy cousin....it could be all of them shit. Or someone she has a connect w/.

Call the cops and do some research yourself.

What if it was your daughter? Your mother? WTF?

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    Breez said:
    My wife is extremely attractive and gets unwanted attention all the time so I've learned to deal with that
    boo-fucking-hoo

wanna swap ?

bassie said:

I gotta go to to a responding to trauma workshop for the next two days so I know what fuck to say to a bunch of teenagers whose friend just got gunned down in his lobby on some street justice/take care of your own shit type business. Beat an ass over some BS today and kill over even less tomorrow.

I don't care what all your little exceptions to the rule are. You all talk some serious bullshit.

You aren't regulating shit but adding to the problem. If you really are so concerned about how little the cops do, then get off the computer, get organized and DO SOMETHING. Oh fuck nevermind, please, just stay on the computer. Goodness knows there's way too much work in hard work that doesn't pay off right away.

Ain't anything "tough guys" about it. It's just guys, period...it's how we handle our business. Nobody's talking about gunning anybody down. But if you violate the family, it's the family that has every right to retaliate. Why? Because nobody is asking for your permission. What gets done gets done and that's it. That's the real world right there. You might want to write/read a bunch of books to the contrary and put your faith in agents who prove themselves as more corrupt than anything else. But that doesn't change the fact that all your whining and self-righteousness doesn't have any bearing on what another person chooses to do.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    damms said:
    Breez said:
    My wife is extremely attractive and gets unwanted attention all the time so I've learned to deal with that
    boo-fucking-hoo

wanna swap ?

Lmao!! Naw, but I'll take her off your hands for a while. :coolgrin:

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    Get it all documented, file reports to the police and let them investigate. If nothing happens, sue in civil court for harassment.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Breez said:
    ...It started in a professional place so I guess it should be handled in a professional manner....

Perfectly put. Keep it professional don't listen to anyone telling you to knuckle up or "handle it yourself". If you did that, then your wife's chances of getting fired are massive. The last thing you need is an annoying prick's empty threats contributing to your wife getting canned cuz you jumped the gun.

Anyways, it sounds like her work is handling it fine. Documenting calls getting authorities involved, etc.

Those calls sound fucking hilarious tho.

More baseball card nerdery in this thread than in the NYTimes article thread...wow!

HarveyCanal said:
    More baseball card nerdery in this thread than in the NYTimes article thread...wow!

I don't consider the presence of "nerdery" in a "thread" all that "wow" worthy.....its an internet forum...

But seriously if dude tracked this dude down and threatened and or beat him and it got back to his wife's work, she'd almost certainly lose her job. Imo. I don't agree with that but it is reality.

JectWon said:
    HarveyCanal said:

I don't consider the presence of "nerdery" in a "thread" all that "wow" worthy.....its an internet forum...

But seriously if dude tracked this dude down and threatened and or beat him and it got back to his wife's work, she'd almost certainly lose her job. Imo. I don't agree with that but it is reality.

That seems like a longshot, but possibly something to consider...and far less nerdy than someone saying sue the dude for harassment. C'mon now...

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    bassie said:

I gotta go to to a responding to trauma workshop for the next two days so I know what fuck to say to a bunch of teenagers whose friend just got gunned down in his lobby on some street justice/take care of your own shit type business.

Maybe you could ask them their opinions of Law Enforcement Officers they have dealt with. Then you could proceed to tell them their opinions are wrong. Possibly by citing evidence from your personal experiences and why they negate the children's experiences.

• Breez said:

I wasn't asking what you think of me, I was asking what you think or what would you do in this situation considering all the factors.
    Well, I was first struck by your sexism, before you unloaded the homophobia - lol.

If you're consulting a message board on what to do (and based on your OP), you don't sound like that helpful a dude anyway. Your wife's a big girl. Sounds like she's handling her own business just fine.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    brokenrecord said:
    Breez said:

I wasn't asking what you think of me, I was asking what you think or what would you do in this situation considering all the factors.
    Well, I was first struck by your sexism, before you unloaded the homophobia - lol.

If you're consulting a message board on what to do (and based on your OP), you don't sound like that helpful a dude anyway. Your wife's a big girl. Sounds like she's handling her own business just fine.

Blah, blah

• Get it all documented, [del]file reports to the police and let them investigate. If nothing happens, sue in civil court for harassment [/del]post the audio to soulstrut.

• Breez said:

Blah, blah
    Ha ha. Yes, us birds do tend to natter on.

I thought you asked for a woman's opinion. My bad.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    JectWon said:
    HarveyCanal said:

If someone threatened/warned dude and it got back to her employers she could get fired?

• batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    HarveyCanal said:

If someone threatened/warned dude and it got back to her employers she could get fired?

Unfortunately, yes.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Ain't anything "tough guys" about it. It's just guys, period...it's how we handle our business.
    If this was a deodorant ad, I would buy that shit in a second.

Actually, to hell with this, I'm gonna go out and punch someone in the face right fucking now. It's just what we do.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    In response to your original poast Breez, it seems as though the situation is under control at wifey's office. The disgruntled man in question is obviously unstable.

I've never had a stalker but I have encountered an unstable individual or two. Odd behavior can really creep out and agitate a person. I knew an unstable student who was harmless but creeped me out to the point I was looking over my shoulder.

Any type of harassment can bring down morale in the workplace. It's a funny, instant 3-pager until you find yourself looking over your shoulder.

She's probably already doing this, but avoid responding to any calls or messages. He doesn't sound like a physical threat if it's been mostly phone calls. These fools want attention and cannot be reasoned with so don't try. Let the authorities use your tax dollars to handle it. Buy her some mace to keep in her purse if you're worried. Practice a stranger-danger drill with Erys.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Double.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Almond said:

She's probably already doing this, but avoid responding to any calls or messages. He doesn't sound like a physical threat if it's been mostly phone calls. These fools want attention and cannot be reasoned with so don't try. Let the authorities use your tax dollars to handle it. Buy her some mace to keep in her purse if you're worried. Practice a stranger-danger drill with Erys.

Thanks man. Great advice. I hate when someone I care about is scared, worried, etc and it disrupts their day to day routine.

59279e author="Herm" date="1290140638"]
    batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Sad but true...not a gurantee but a significant enough threat to avoid it for the sake of keeping that paycheck.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    brokenrecord said:
    Breez said:

Blah, blah

In my defense, I had no clue you were a woman.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Breez said:
    brokenrecord said:
    Breez said:

Blah, blah

In my defense, I had no clue you were a woman.

Bad gay-dar AND bad gen-dar.