Dust & Grooves update (Frank Gossner)

2»

Comments

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Deegreez said:
    Why is Franks go to line "I have a plane to catch?" He said it like a hundred times in the last thread he participated in on here before he went into hiding.

Because I had to take a plane to Rome.
    I travel a lot and I usually don't carry a laptop with me so I can use all my carry-on for records.

Last time I posted here I quit because I went on a 6 week cyber-free road trip with my wife and when I got back, I left for a one month club tour to Europe.

Hiding? From what? None of you guys have anything to say or any smart jpgs to post that would have much relevance to me. I might occasionally walk away from talking to useless little shits such like yourself because I have better things to do and places to go.

What's your beef with me? I don't even know you.

Let's leave records out of this. Just when it comes to life experienced, ground covered, borders crossed, good times had and perspectives gained, I urinate all over you from a fairly large altitude and I guess that's what irks you. Maybe stating so makes me an arrogant fuck but it also makes you a piss soaked bitch.

Now carry on saying something you would consider smart, you no life having, provincial cyber big mouth.

The stage is all yours.

PS: Suck my cock!

Edit:

I take this all back.
    A recent post of yours convinced me that I clearly had no idea who I was talking to. Never having had a desk job, I probably can't fully appreciate the true depth of knowledge shared here but I'm impressed, nevertheless.

Take it easy big boy and keep that cubicle all nice and cozy and smelling like daisies!

Deegreez said:
    Don't hold in farts! It's bad for you! I always carry some incense and burn a little bit if I'm working at a desk and I know I have gas. It just swallows the odor...

• Y'all know that Frank lives for this stuff, right?
    Please to keep it up. Dude is international gigillo'n on your ass.

Go Frank!

• Dude you should really just ignore the hate. The fact that you get so salty about that shit is what eggs people on. The "I piss all over you" shit is ghay.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I always assumed once you reached such lofty heights in the collectro game, you'd automatically gain some kind of nirvana like peaceful mind state, equivalent to that of a Level 8 Operating Thetan, or Pok??mon Master.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

• Okem said:
    I always assumed once you that once you reached such lofty heights in the collectro game, you'd automatically gain some kind of nirvana like peaceful mind state, equivalent to that of a Level 8 Operating Thetan, or Pok??mon Master.

Usually, sure, unless you have a bunch of little dudes in wet diapers snapping at your heels every time you look down.

• ...from a fairly large altitude...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    God i wish locations were longer.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    funky16corners said:
    ...from a fairly large altitude...
    well he does spend a lot of his time catching planes..

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts

• I just read Franks post in a German accent while listening to Falco and nearly peed all over my cubicle over here at Initech!

• ^^

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Shit. All I have to say is, I wish I had UN hookups in the 90's when I was doing records world wide. I would have made a killin'

I can't hate on Frank and what he does. More power to him. I saw him when I was in NYC during the record show. Didn't say hi. Dude was doing his thing.

That said, It was a very interesting interview. Tho, it did come off a touch smug on the whole collector/DJ/MP3DJ thing. But alas, who gives a fuck.

I like this thread. 5 Starrsss

• yeah i wouldnt discredit the mp3 thing, mp3's are a nice easy way for people to get music that would otherwise be impossible to find, like the mp3's he posted, chances of someone like me coming up on some of those joints is impossible, and even if i did find the tracks on vinyl would i be able to afford them? probably not, and its an easy way for indie artist to share their work almost instantly, but at the same time i understand where hes coming from...which is the main reason why i still dont own an ipod or some other technological piece of shit to play mp3's, i'd rock an old Sony walkman before i moved on to the mp3 world where its almost expected to always be "plugged in" which is another reason why i dont have a cell/smartphone, people around my office walk around with their heads down jammed so far in their phone that its insane, they would rather text each other then to actually use the phone to call said people.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Collecting stuff is for nerds who need to boost their personality with a collection of stamps, coins, records, comic books or whatever.

-- Frank

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    yeah i wouldnt discredit the mp3 thing, mp3's are a nice easy way for people to get music that would otherwise be impossible to find, like the mp3's he posted, chances of someone like me coming up on some of those joints is impossible, and even if i did find the tracks on vinyl would i be able to afford them? probably not, and its an easy way for indie artist to share their work almost instantly, but at the same time i understand where hes coming from...which is the main reason why i still dont own an ipod or some other technological piece of shit to play mp3's, i'd rock an old Sony walkman before i moved on to the mp3 world where its almost expected to always be "plugged in" which is another reason why i dont have a cell/smartphone, people around my office walk around with their heads down jammed so far in their phone that its insane, they would rather text each other then to actually use the phone to call said people.
    Cool story bro.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Great records and work, Frank.
    But yes, the arrogance is very nagl. You coulda won the game by saying very little/nothing, but you gotta get petty with the petticoats.
    I'm really preferring having very few raers and not being a smug dick.

More power to Frank find more gems in Africa........

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    cove said:

But yes, the arrogance is very nagl. You coulda won the game by saying very little/nothing,
    Then he'd just be another boring record dude.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    cove said:

But yes, the arrogance is very nagl. You coulda won the game by saying very little/nothing,
    ^^^^loves the bad boys^^^^^

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    cove said:

The world needs a Frank Gossner, in all his unapologetically arrogant, croc-skin-record-bag-rockin glory.