Tuesday Finds (Reynaldo Version w/ Video a'a Supreme)

13»

  Comments


  • verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    These ones are from September, but they weren't dope enough to warrant starting my own finds thread. (I might have missed some ones that people have started between then and now, my apologies)

    Prior to this, I hadn't been digging in literally years. Certainly not since my son was born. I was in Milwaukee and drove past Flipville. For old times sake, I decided to go in there and told my wife I'd be a half hour. Two hours later I came out with these. Turns out the guy who ran the store (with the crazy beard) passed away earlier this year. His brother was running the store when I was there, and I think he was only doing it on weekends. The prices were ridiculous, but it was buy one get three free, so for $24 (all the cash I had on me) I got eight records. Nothing that stellar, but I was glad to come up in Flipville before it closes for good.


  • ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts




    NM

  • fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    DrWu said:
    fejmelba said:




    Dan, what was Tom's response when you brought up that record? Didn't he say he's been trying to forget it forever or something like that? Not surprising to see it come up in Holland since it was made there. Does this show up very often out there? Some decent funk on there.
    first copy i found in the field. doesnt show up that often.

  • shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    earlier in the week:






    bought a gang of cheap stuff at kzsc this saturday, but these were the only keepers:



    kusf show continually sucks, but couldn't go wrong with these at $2 each:

  • some of you dudes are fucking murdering it.

  • CBearCBear 902 Posts
    I bought all these this week. 700 piece jazz collection and 1300 piece record-store-employee collection:












  • DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    damn that video is awesome, good work! impressive collection that guy had! i have a feeling more of these sort of things are going to turn up in coming years as the '60s/'70s "scholarly" collectors start to let go of their "research libraries"... similar thing happening in comic books these days as the original crop of collectors from 50s/60s fandom cash in (or cash in their chips!)/quote]

    Right now there's a major ethnic collection that is being pieced out here in town that fits this description to a tee. Number stickers neatly placed in the top left corner for easy cataloging. All in perfect condition. Apparently, the guy is burning everything and then selling it off.

  • DrWu said:
    karlophone said:
    damn that video is awesome, good work! impressive collection that guy had! i have a feeling more of these sort of things are going to turn up in coming years as the '60s/'70s "scholarly" collectors start to let go of their "research libraries"... similar thing happening in comic books these days as the original crop of collectors from 50s/60s fandom cash in (or cash in their chips!)

    Right now there's a major ethnic collection that is being pieced out here in town that fits this description to a tee. Number stickers neatly placed in the top left corner for easy cataloging. All in perfect condition. Apparently, the guy is burning everything and then selling it off.

    several years back i bought most of a nice clean lil 60s jazz+related collection that was owned by a blind guy who was a professor or something. the covers all had neat little braille sticker tape strips in the top corners. of course i kept them on there, it was too cool.

  • ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    WHAT NOW, NERDS?!?


  • discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    WHAT NOW, NERDS?!?


    Nice cop! "Garupa no Canta" is one of the heaviest Latin tunes I've ever heard.

  • esskayesskay 221 Posts
    Johnny Sedes is nice & a keeper for me

  • fejmelba said:
    DrWu said:
    fejmelba said:




    Dan, what was Tom's response when you brought up that record? Didn't he say he's been trying to forget it forever or something like that? Not surprising to see it come up in Holland since it was made there. Does this show up very often out there? Some decent funk on there.
    first copy i found in the field. doesnt show up that often.

    if woimsah and kingmost morphed as one, the result is dude on the cover.

  • mannybolonemannybolone 15,032 Posts
    musica said:
    Reynaldo said:
    WHAT NOW, NERDS?!?


    Nice cop! "Garupa no Canta" is one of the heaviest Latin tunes I've ever heard.

    "Carupano", batches.

    And a stellar version of "El Manicero." Track-for-track, this is like the Manny Pacquiao of Latin dance albums.

  • RAW_HAMBURGER said:
    fejmelba said:
    DrWu said:
    fejmelba said:




    Dan, what was Tom's response when you brought up that record? Didn't he say he's been trying to forget it forever or something like that? Not surprising to see it come up in Holland since it was made there. Does this show up very often out there? Some decent funk on there.
    first copy i found in the field. doesnt show up that often.

    if woimsah and kingmost morphed as one, the result is dude on the cover.

    Serpico_Moist

  • WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    RAW_HAMBURGER said:
    fejmelba said:
    DrWu said:
    fejmelba said:




    Dan, what was Tom's response when you brought up that record? Didn't he say he's been trying to forget it forever or something like that? Not surprising to see it come up in Holland since it was made there. Does this show up very often out there? Some decent funk on there.
    first copy i found in the field. doesnt show up that often.

    if woimsah and kingmost morphed as one, the result is dude on the cover.

    hahaha

  • BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    A few Antique & Thrift Store finds from today.



    Not a huge deal but the "Innervisions" is sealed.




    This wasn't a buy but I thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

  • BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    My man that works at a Goodwill around my way called and told me he just got some vinyl in. So I ran over and grabbed a few thangs.

Sign In or Register to comment.