Tuesday Finds (Reynaldo Version w/ Video a'a Supreme)

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

Killer score!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    behemoth said:
    i swear i didn't sell my soul to the devil. it's just been crazy lately...

Where the hell did you score that Majic Ship?? Please don't tell me you found that for a few bucks.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    rey, what was the last non latin/salsa record you bought?
    To keep or to flip? Every once in while I buy non-Latin stuff in the real world to sell. The last non-Latin thing I bought to keep was probably Gal Costa S/T, back in early 2006. I'm focused.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    behemoth said:

Both great LP's.......way to go dude.....I know you have to put in work to come up the way you have.

The drumming on that Wizards From Kansas LP is beyond sick.

The drummer, Marc Caplan, is a good friend of mine and he has an amazing collection of 60's R&B, Jazz and Blues posters that he pulled off the telephone poles of Houston himself.

I've asked him to take photos of them so I could post them up here....hopefully he will.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Breez said:
    behemoth said:

Where the hell did you score that Majic Ship?? Please don't tell me you found that for a few bucks.

house call. and yea it was really cheap. i paid him more for it than he wanted per record cuz in my mind i felt bad.

Rockadelic said:
    behemoth said:

Both great LP's.......way to go dude.....I know you have to put in work to come up the way you have.

The drumming on that Wizards From Kansas LP is beyond sick.

The drummer, Marc Caplan, is a good friend of mine and he has an amazing collection of 60's R&B, Jazz and Blues posters that he pulled off the telephone poles of Houston himself.

I've asked him to take photos of them so I could post them up here....hopefully he will.

i've been selling full time for almost 2 years now. i do put in work. it isn't just random. i advertise. follow leads. just drive for hours. i do what i have to do. it's just been an odd time of year with good results since FMU. not that FMU had anything to do with it.

• heres my humble scores for the day:

psyched about the two portables. got them from two different spots.

recordwise wasnt epic, but i did get some nice stuff to flip that didnt make this photo. ive actually never had the "space dust"...in 17 years, ive never found a copy for a dollar til now. :P

im amped about the police and creedence songbooks.

the bunny piggy-bank was the find of the day. not no fuckin soft pink shit. that shit is rough and rugged

oh yeah, also picked up stunts blunts and hiphop and KMD black bastards on CD. those will stay in the car.

• behemoth said:
    i do what i have to do.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    heres my humble scores for the day:

psyched about the two portables. got them from two different spots.

recordwise wasnt epic, but i did get some nice stuff to flip that didnt make this photo. ive actually never had the "space dust"...in 17 years, ive never found a copy for a dollar til now. :P

im amped about the police and creedence songbooks.

the bunny piggy-bank was the find of the day. not no fuckin soft pink shit. that shit is rough and rugged

oh yeah, also picked up stunts blunts and hiphop and KMD black bastards on CD. those will stay in the car.

That Angelo Bond LP is pretty dope. I've sampled the hell out of that record. I'm feeling the Fela pillow. Pretty ill finds there T.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

• so heres a question is there a thread that lists what most people collect on here? or what the bulk of people collections consist of?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    so heres a question is there a thread that lists what most people collect on here? or what the bulk of people collections consist of?

2005 - Acoustic Psych
    2006 - Free Gospel
    2007 - Northern Electro
    2008 - DIY DHMH Jams
    2009 - Afro Boogie
    2010 - Spiritual Cumbia

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    WHOA! Killer score. What's the disco 12" ?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    fejmelba said:

Dan, what was Tom's response when you brought up that record? Didn't he say he's been trying to forget it forever or something like that? Not surprising to see it come up in Holland since it was made there. Does this show up very often out there? Some decent funk on there.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    that video in the first post is insanity, awesome to see.
    Anyways, had a record fair here today, I got a bunch of reissues, doubles, condition upgrades & a couple of original things to actually file for great prices & left happy.

• tripledouble said:

RUN LAPS AROUND THE ENGLISH CHANNEL
    TRIPLEDOUBLE GOT A PLUSH CAT THING

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    behemoth said:

I saw your auction listing before I saw this post. You a bastard! (I mean this as a compliment). Face-melting shit to come across in this kind of condition.

• esskayesskay 221 Posts
    Sabu Martinez-"Jazz Espagnole"-Alegre Records-Black Label-M/M = HOLY GRAIL

esskay said:
    Sabu Martinez-"Jazz Espagnole"-Alegre Records-Black Label-M/M = HOLY GRAIL

it's the blue label one. i said it in the description. hopefully some fool doesn't go WAIT this ain't black label

• SportCasual said:
    dj_cityboy said:
    so heres a question is there a thread that lists what most people collect on here? or what the bulk of people collections consist of?

2005 - Acoustic Psych
    2006 - Free Gospel
    2007 - Northern Electro
    2008 - DIY DHMH Jams
    2009 - Afro Boogie
    2010 - Spiritual Cumbia

2011 - Surf Prog

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    musica said:
    esskay said:
    12 Inch Wizard just had that latin heat on Ebay-some nice things!

Yeah, I got into that same Latin collection after that dude had already picked through it. He got most of the obvious stuff, but I was shocked at the shit he left behind! :beerbang:

I believe fellow strutteur Shitzr got first crack at it and pulled a mint Sabu OG LP amongst other heatrocks.

actually, that collection was a joint buy with 12inchwizard and a shop owner. the true heatrocks were separated to go on ebay and never really made it to the store front. it was a huge collection (around 2000) so the ones that did get sent to the store were pretty hot too. i was on vacation when it happened and didn't get to check it out until a week later, but i think i was like the 4th person to go through it and i still pulled some choice shit.

that was the second set of auctions that they did. the first set was much more insane.

• damn that video is awesome, good work! impressive collection that guy had! i have a feeling more of these sort of things are going to turn up in coming years as the '60s/'70s "scholarly" collectors start to let go of their "research libraries"... similar thing happening in comic books these days as the original crop of collectors from 50s/60s fandom cash in (or cash in their chips!)

last 2 weeks accumulations, culled from my inside guys:

...also i treated myself to the crazypoprock trifecta set of sealed goodies, knowing that was probably my one and only chance to ever see any of them. thanks again man!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Got this on the weekend - killer experimental aussie electronic rock

Nabbed some long-time wants for cheap at the KZSC Santa Cruz swap yesterday:

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Did a trade with Musica Del Alma at KZSC. Really clean stuff.

• Musica. how is that Tru Tones Combo album?

I know he (Boo) / they have some other decent LPs. I only have "power struggle" which has an ok disco-y song on it.

Dress

Reynaldo said:
    Did a trade with Musica Del Alma at KZSC. Really clean stuff.

Always a pleasure, dude!

dreskieboogie said:
    Musica. how is that Tru Tones Combo album?

I know he (Boo) / they have some other decent LPs. I only have "power struggle" which has an ok disco-y song on it.

Dress

Yeah they have some good stuff. This one is from the mid-sixties (?) and I got it for their deep cover of "Love is Blue". It was $2, so I went for it. Here's a rip of that track:

http://www.divshare.com/download/13178740-273

• minimini 879 Posts

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    mini said:

That "Jazz Rock Symposium" has some dope loops on it.