Bicycles

Comments

• gettin sprung off that fall foliage

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Got a couple of projects on hold due to school/exams.
    I picked up this 1983 Norco a couple of weeks ago:

I completely took it apart & am now waiting for the holidays to get the chance to restore it. I'll try and post some after pics.

I have to do a couple of adjustments on this 1987 Diamondback:

(not a full restore, more of a tune up & update, it's not worth investing too much cash imo) I did get the chance to soak one of the mags in bleach for 6 hours to whiten it. It worked really well, gotta soak it for another 6 hours & repeat with the other one. Gotta clean it, re-lube/grease the whole thing, bleach/whiten mags, & update a couple parts like get a white chain & install a Potts Mod.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    awesome.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    ost said:

I have to do a couple of adjustments on this 1987 Diamondback:

(not a full restore, more of a tune up & update, it's not worth investing too much cash imo) I did get the chance to soak one of the mags in bleach for 6 hours to whiten it. It worked really well, gotta soak it for another 6 hours & repeat with the other one. Gotta clean it, re-lube/grease the whole thing, bleach/whiten mags, & update a couple parts like get a white chain & install a Potts Mod.

I had that exact Diamond Back when I was younger..

BTW, Westley's Bleche Wite Tire Cleaner works great on my white walls on my car. It takes off all road grime from the wheels too. I'd imagine it would work good cleaning up those white tires.

http://www.westleys.com/

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    BLEACHIN_MAGGZ.

• Some cool bikes in this thread. Here's My Miyata Seven Ten - The bar tape and seat are a bit ratty - i'm tempted to put some nice brooks gear on - we'll see.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts

Foll.

No foll.

J i m s t e r said:

No foll.

wow.
    that's his best one yet. pretty much guaranteed that i'll be getting that emailed to me for the next what--four months?

the pipe moves on the dam whatever are hectic.

dude's craze.

• wow. what if he fell

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Sponsored by the Scottish Tourism Board ?

ost said:
    Sponsored by the Scottish Tourism Board ?

it works for me!
    this one, the other one where dude is with peaty and hans rey, and the johnnie walker ad with dude walking and talking: all make me want to go to those hills... ride bikes and drink whiskey.

had painful bruising around my pins the past week, so I went into the doctor's office. X-rays revealed a homogeneous bone density, and he pulled the remaing three pins from my wrist right then and there.

I'm elated. Still can't believe it.

I don't know what to credit, and I don't care: time, homeopathics, bone zapper, supplements, bacon...it doesn't matter. All that matters is now I can get my ligaments and tissues going again, and I will ride a bike someday.

Amazing. Thanks for the words and pics, bikestrutt!

• dukeofdelridge said:
    had painful bruising around my pins the past week, so I went into the doctor's office. X-rays revealed a homogeneous bone density, and he pulled the remaing three pins from my wrist right then and there.

I'm elated. Still can't believe it.

I don't know what to credit, and I don't care: time, homeopathics, bone zapper, supplements, bacon...it doesn't matter. All that matters is now I can get my ligaments and tissues going again, and I will ride a bike someday.

Amazing. Thanks for the words and pics, bikestrutt!

It was the bacon, no doubt.

Great news, I know the wrist is a bitch but don't slack on the rehab and you'll be back.

• windy as shit today, not to mention down by the water. went to Hains Point for some laps with a coworker this afternoon.

• After watching some recent BMX videos and finding myself wanting to rock a bunnyhop or two (though I'm a lifelong skateboarder, I still have some 80's tailwhippin', Rad watchin' BMX blood left in me), I started looking around for a bike that would work for a 6'1 200+ lb dude. I came across the Haro 124:

Has anyone (who is roughly my size) ridden a cruiser like this one? I have yet to find one in the real world, so I'm still not sure how I'd fit on it.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Snagglepus said:
    Has anyone (who is roughly my size) ridden a cruiser like this one? I have yet to find one in the real world, so I'm still not sure how I'd fit on it.

I had a GT/Dyno Colab 24" Cruiser and I am 6'2" and about 200. Loved the shit out of it until my kryptonite chain got clipped. Cockgobblers!

Had to stop myself 3 or 4 times from buying a DK Cygnus 24" just convincing myself it would be stolen. One plus to the DK is a chromo frame.

• jaysus said:
    Snagglepus said:

I had a GT/Dyno Colab 24" Cruiser and I am 6'2" and about 200. Loved the shit out of it until my kryptonite chain got clipped. Cockgobblers!

Had to stop myself 3 or 4 times from buying a DK Cygnus 24" just convincing myself it would be stolen. One plus to the DK is a chromo frame.

Thanks. It's good to know I'm not too big for those things. I'll have to keep my eye out for that DK. Looks perfect.

• Adult BMX revisited.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/17112762" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Elevated Engineering presents Josh Boothby from Matt Lingo on Vimeo.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/16967085" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe>

TREATED from Sam Erickson on Vimeo.

• just posted this in the Brazilian music video thread (which is full of huge amounts of win, by the way). thought it deserved to be cross-referenced here:

• yesterday

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    is that for riding on the Moon?

SoulOnIce said:
    is that for riding on the Moon?

CRUISIN on the moon!

Got up this morning and convinced myself today was gonna be my return to mountain biking. A lap around the block yanking around on the bars changed mind.
    Went for a mellower road/path ride instead. I'm stoked to be so tired right now!
    Maybe MTb next weekend.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    yesterday was the first of this year's Ruff News time trials in [oooooh yeah] Rock Creek Park [oooooh yeah] Rock Creek Park - basically an event starting in the spring through summer held every wednesday where a bunch of us couriers and racers alike compete on a 5.18 mile climb heavy & sharp turn course through the park complete with BBQ and plenty of alcohol.

aaaaaaaaaand time for the Jameson

i got 2nd

Photos (C.) Kevin Dillard
    http://www.demoncats.com/

The-gaffler said:
    climb

I'm out.

• hermithermit 15 Posts

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    a la "finds thread" lol

I've been riding MTB. Fitness is probably at 65%, but getting better every day. After an hour or so, my wrist gives up and tries to let go of the bars, but that's better than nothing. Stoked, dudes, stoked. I'm enjoying every moment on the bike more than ever.

Here's some BMX madness of a young maniac at the homeys' local trails. Just jumping this shit is insane, I could not believe this kid triple-tailwhupping and flipping shit:

Rob Armour in Seattle from DiamondbackBMX on Vimeo.

Crazy day.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts