McRib is Back

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited November 2010 in Strut Central

Coppin' that fake shit w/ the quickness.

Comments

• Options
    It's exceptionally gross that they shape the thing to look like there are real bones involved.

They're probably made out of Soylent Green.

• That thing was disgusting then, I have no hope for it now.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Shit is delicious. Fake mush slathered in a smokey over sweet bbq sauce. And i hatt MCDs.

• batmon said:
    Shit is delicious. Fake mush slathered in a smokey over sweet bbq sauce. And i hatt MCDs.

Better than real meat slathered in a smokey over sweet bbq sauce? You can probably get the real thing cheaper than a McRib, holmes!

I haven't had McDonald's in years but now I'm craving a Quarter Pounder With Cheese.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    McDonald's "urban marketing" radio campaigns are funny

Herm said:
    batmon said:

Better than real meat slathered in a smokey over sweet bbq sauce? You can probably get the real thing cheaper than a McRib, holmes!

I haven't had McDonald's in years but now I'm craving a Quarter Pounder With Cheese.

I can mold some pork myself (pause) and create my own bbq from scratch. But fuck all that. Imma cop.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I mentioned the McRib reish in the kfc double down thread. I had never tried one before, but I was fairly underwhelmed by it. I say press your own pork, I'm totally going to make my own McRibs next time I smoke a shoulder.

• batmon said:
    These:

They are delicious fake mush slathered in smokey sweet barbarque sauce. But meat-free!!

Since the McRib is from McD's, and most of their 'meat' is corn / wheat / soy fillers anyhow, I doubt the Morningstar Farms recipe is THAT much different. But, since they're veggie, you can rest easy knowing there's no pig anus or hoof in there.

You gave me a great idea though, I'm gonna add the veggie ribs to the grocery list, and get rolls to put em on!!

Also, are Coney Island hotdogs popular outside the midwest?

I often get cravings for those, but cheap hotdogs and chili meat are SO disgusting, ingredient-wise.

So I make an AWESOME veggie version. Better than the real thing IMO. Veggie hotdog on a whole wheat hotdog bun, pour on veggie chili, top with chipped onions and yellow mustard .....heaven!

Normally I hate veggie imitation meat. So unnecessary. But the two above are the fast food I love. I should open a restaurant. Are there any fast food restaurants open late for drunk vegetarians after a night out who want to eat grease and sugar, I wonder?

brokenrecord said:
    Are there any fast food restaurants open late for drunk vegetarians after a night out who want to eat grease and sugar, I wonder?

Falafel like what

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    batmon said:

I'm with on this one bruh! But they put pickles on them now, I don't remember them having pickles on them.

I also fucks with the Bar-B-Q Bacon Ranch Flatbread joint. Them thangs are doin' it for me.

• the McRib is a giant novelty marketing ploy nowadays. every time they revive it people rush back to try it again for 2-3 months then there's a huge falloff in sales. it's basically the Shamrock Shake of pork byproducts.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    mechanically separated meat:

amazing.

that pic is chicken, but still.

amazing.

Bring back the McDLT, and then we'll talk. I remember that one being awesome: keep the hot side hot, and the cool side cool--with more packaging than any sangwich ever!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I want those McDonalds pizza's to come back! But I heard they were a profit dud for them. Too bad... I liked them a ton.

• DOR said:
    I want those McDonalds pizza's to come back! But I heard they were a profit dud for them. Too bad... I liked them a ton.

Damn I'm really late!! I had no idea McDonalds had pizza's at one time.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    shooterali said:
    DOR said:

Damn I'm really late!! I had no idea McDonalds had pizza's at one time.

Only for select markets I think for a few years. But they were good personal size pizza's. I think one of the main issues were they took a bit of time for them to make.

• i dated a girl back in college who's family would purchase the mcrib in quantities to freeze so they could enjoy them after the their availability at mcdonalds.

• last night i accompanied friends to micky d's while one forraged for a mcrib. while he was in line, some dude was hitting on his girl, trying to give her a rose, spitting messy game, and attempted to touch her. oh mcrib...

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    batmon said:
    brokenrecord said:
    Are there any fast food restaurants open late for drunk vegetarians after a night out who want to eat grease and sugar, I wonder?

Falafel like what

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• just get a McFalafel

• kinda jazzed cause this comes at a great time - they just brought back the BBQ flavored Newports as well!

:face_melt:

• The McRib never went away in Germany. I verified this last year.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    what strutter is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice: eat a mcrib chased with a bar-b-que newport.

• tried one the other day. it started off as sort of ok but by the end i just didn't want to eat it any more. the idea of the mcrib is infinitely better than the taste of one.

b/w don't look at these pictures if you want to keep eating mcribs:
    http://www.foodfacts.info/mcrib/

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm just waiting for them to bring back the Cheddar Melt.

• Texturized Vegetable Protein - FTW!

So I made my vegetarian McRib I described upstream. It was SOOOO good.

I sliced taters and tossed with oil, S & P and paprika and put on a tray. Sliced onions and peppers, tossed with oil, S & P and paprika, and spread on tray. Opened the Morningstar Farms package of frozen veggie ribs, put on tray.

Roasted the whole thing, Toasted some rolls in the meantime.

Ate my BBQ 'rib' sammich topped with roasted onions and peppers, and a side of french fries!

It yielded 4 sandwiches. The 'ribs' were like $5. The cost of the (organic) veggies and spices was negligible. So I think it was a lot cheaper than buying 4 mcribs and fries would've been too.

Okeydoke. Off to concoct a veggie McGriddle next! lol.

• Just curious, why are there so many fake meat products for vegetarians? It's kind of perverse. Vegetarianism/veganism is supposed to be a rejection of meat and an embracing of all things vegtable but yet, most of the prepared foods made avaiable are vegtable matter dressed up in meat costumes and sprayed with meat cologne. You don't want meat, but yet you do want it...I don't get it.

Can i get some meat that looks like spinach

• The_Hook_Up said:
    Just curious, why are there so many fake meat products for vegetarians? It's kind of perverse. Vegetarianism/veganism is supposed to be a rejection of meat and an embracing of all things vegtable but yet, most of the prepared foods made avaiable are vegtable matter dressed up in meat costumes and sprayed with meat cologne. You don't want meat, but yet you do want it...I don't get it.

i think these actions are more based in the decision to become vegetarian. my friends that eat the meat-looking vege stuff do so because they chose to not eat meat for the animal treatment issues, not the praise vegetables reasons.