Cee-Lo "I Want You"

2»

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Please dude, theres some great songs on those 2 records. And any shortcomings were due to the producer on those projects, not Cee-Lo.

Not to say there wasn't some really un-listenable garbage as well, but overall i think those albums were solid.

I wouldn't hesitate to say dude has plenty of classics under his belt - which is why I wouldn't touch those albums w/a 10 ft pole, based solely on the singles.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Beat sounds clunky.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    So I'm sure if there was an official mp3 it'd be all over the place, but have any of you ripped this radio version into something whip-playable?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    FUTURE WEDDING CLASSIC.

See this was my thought as well but mainly because this song screams out mid eighties Stevie to me. Sounds like something off In Square Circle/Woman In Red. Not unpleasant but not really blowing my mind. Will no doubt sound better in the summer.

Ah, like the orchestral bit near the end though.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Now this is what's up. I remember this hitting the net about three years back when Gnarls Barkley was blowing up, and the only reason I can imagine for it not coming out at that time was that Gnarls took priority. There was another song, "Gangster Boogie", which was good too.

• Album version is different and in my opinion, nowhere near as good.

I really hope a good version of the OG surfaces sometime. I'd be happy to pay for a white-label import!

• holy hell, what did they do to that song?

• boner softening style said:
    holy hell, what did they do to that song?

boner softening style

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    It's been American Idol'd. I haven't bothered checking out the new album as I'm running low on bitterness reserves at the moment and, off the back of Fuck You, expected it to be a longplayer full of this kind of over polished poop.

Anything actually decent on there?

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Damn why'd they fuck it up ? It was perfect before.

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    Is there anyone else then Gilles that have been playing the original version ?

I really hope that version surfaces on the internet.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    kicks79 said:
    Damn why'd they fuck it up ? It was perfect before.

seriously.
    that's a disgrace.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This new version isn't terrible on its own but compared to the OG? Weak sauce.

Did sample-clearance kill the OG?