Cee-Lo "I Want You"

MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
Couldn't search the forum for some reason so pardon me if it's a repost but my goodness, this is an amazing tune. Cee-Lo - I want You by uristocrat Ripped from Gilles Peterson's show so there's a rewind after about a minute.Are people feeling this as much as I am?

Comments

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Feeling that, any new cee-lo is good news, i wish dude would sell the millions of records he deserves to.

peace,xavier

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    This is amazing.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    This is amazing.

Windows down, springtime, happy, jam.

Who is the producer? Sounds a little Dangermousy.

• He needs a lyricist.

I like the track, though.

• dude's real

• blaqoutblaqout 11 Posts
    Yeah this is nice, love me some cee-lo.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    check his songwriting credits. grammys and shit. i don't think he need to sell millions or get a lyricist.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    nice

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    He needs a lyricist.

I like the track, though.

• I'm so stoned and I think Nigela Lawson is seriously unhinged.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Wow. Love it!!!! Great song. Not mad at Cee-Lo.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Dude, go back and listen to the Gnarls Barkley albums, dude does not need help song writing. His lyrics have such great double meanings and imagery.......He has twice the lyrical depth (Not rap wise) and singing ability of an Andre 3000 or B.O.B (Mentioned for his debut sounding like Gnarls Barkely cutting room floor rejects)

This song didn't call for great depth, it's a simple fun love song, good stuff.

I.E

I packed a few of my belongings
    Left the life that I was living
    Just some memories of it
    Mostly the ones I can't forget

Whenever you need me I'll be here
    Until then my dear
    I'm going, I'm going, I'm going there
    Don't ask me to make time
    To travel back and forth
    Let nature take it's course
    Maybe I'm open from all this ocean air
    And if it weren't for you I'd be without a care
    Setting sail to St. Elsewhere

Anywhere you sit you can see the sun
    Unfortunately on this island I'm the only one
    Same rules apply on a rainy day
    And it's not such a pretty place to be
    It just rains, and rains, and rains on me
    Send a simple side, I can understand
    Then a flower grew out that sand
    Before you knew it, I was back out on that sea
    Now I don't mind it so much
    Because as long as I'm not there
    Anywhere is St. Elsewhere

Way over yonder there is new frontier
    Would it be so hard for you to come and visit me here?
    I understand
    Would you just send me a message in a bottle then baby?
    St. Elsewhere

Peace,xavier

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Dude, go back and listen to the Gnarls Barkley albums

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    This is amazing.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Can anybody recommend any other Jack Splash productions? Preferably songs he doesn't rap on. (He produced that R. Kelly disco burner I posted a while back.)

• Cee-Lo is most definitely one of my favorites, although I think that he is SO underappreciated. But this song is perfect for the summer season. I think this might be a Top 10 like "Crazy" was a few summers ago.

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    I just got goosebumps from that. Beautiful tune. Cee-lo is the man.

Anyone that really thinks Cee-lo needs a writer, please listen to that wake up show rap that Martin posted. Cee-lo has words for days,plus a whole lot more heart and soul then most rappers.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Cee-lo has words for days

Yeah, that's exactly the problem. Anybody with a dictionary can have "words"-- this is Cee-Lo's idea of lyrical: "The mastermind of the mighty mystical and magical moves and metaphors manifests masterpieces." From his first album.

Anyone that really thinks Cee-lo needs a writer, please listen to that wake up show rap

Not saying every time he puts pen to paper genius occurs; but he writes better than a lot of rappers.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Dude, go back and listen to the Gnarls Barkley albums

Please dude, theres some great songs on those 2 records. And any shortcomings were due to the producer on those projects, not Cee-Lo.

Not to say there wasn't some really un-listenable garbage as well, but overall i think those albums were solid.

peace,xavier

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Anyone that really thinks Cee-lo needs a writer, please listen to that wake up show rap that Martin posted. Cee-lo has words for days,plus a whole lot more heart and soul then most rappers.

Rappers don't write anymore they just freestyle a bunch of metaphors now a days and put heart/soul into auto-tune.

• This is amazing!

this is by far my favourite song of the last long while. that vocal line is infectious.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    something must be wrong with me, I find it only decent. I like when he raps, though...

something must be wrong with me, I find it only decent.

i liked the song as soon as i heard it but over the past 2 days it has grown on me tremendously and has been somewhat of a revelation to me that people still are making forward-thinking, honest, soulful music that draws on the past but isn;t retro and doesn;t rely on gimmickry or the persona of the artist. i feel like slightly less of a cranky old man.

i hope this turns into a big hit.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    FUTURE WEDDING CLASSIC.

(That's a good thing.)

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Sorry guys, I just tried again and it still does nothing for me... I'll be really surprised if this becomes a hit.