celph titled & buckwild

edited September 2010 in Strut Central

what is the strut's opinion? too backpack/i should just listen to nicki minaj instead? i came upon these and haven't seen anything related on here so i thought i'd poast. some pretty good songs but nothing in the way of absolute bangers so far imo. apparently all the beats are buckwild productions from 94-95 that never got used by anyone.

Comments

• Celph Titled is horrible, that voice and delivery drive me up the wall, my boy used to play the Eddie Ill and DL tapes with The Demigodz and his voice would put me over the edge. Apathy was pretty bad but at least somewhat tolerable. Rise and Louis Logic made listening to those tapes not as bad as it could have been.

His "punchlines" are so terrible, shit like......

"After that sex change I guess you aint the man now/ cut off ya arms you're the best MC hands down"

"You couldn't kick verses playin soccer with a bible"I

Buckwild's awesome though, give me an instrumental version.

peace,xavier

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    haze25 said:

"You couldn't kick verses playin soccer with a bible"

wow

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Ha ha The whole demigodz crew can really only be taken in small doses.
    Rise and Logic are the standouts no doubt. But Apathy and Celph have their moments.
    Celph is capable of some amazing beats although its not the kind of sound that im looking or these days.

• haze25 said:
    Celph Titled is horrible,

In a nutshell.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Those two songs are great i'll be downloading this album for sure.

• I wonder how much Buckwild got paid for these beats he was probably emmbarrased by at this point? I mean for a dude like Celph to get noticed in this day and age you gotta do some shit like this, if it wasn't for the promise of golden era d.i.t.c production no one would be talking about this release. Good for him, i guess.

Also, did anyone hear that terrible new shit by Esoteric (heard it on 2dopeboyz) where he just disses new rappers over some sugar hill gang/spoonie gee throwaway beat? I didn't know the Haters were still running so ramped in the underground, let the young people eat and move the music forward.

peace,xavier

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    You seen this one. I dig RA's verse and the whole toungue in cheek doco feel to it.... I dont mind Celph Titled voice but he needs a ghost writer or something....

Treach still riming? Cool.....

quote]

• scebasceba 122 Posts
    Treach still riming? Cool.....

quote]

Naughty By Nature actually dropped a video a few months back:

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

here's a song my crew did with him in 2004... won hip-hop song of the year in Australia or some shit that year... i liked it (at the time).

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

I liked him on this album (BTW they used a sample from the 'bully' ps2 game for this track, and a bit from an obscure dan obannon/hp lovecraft flick at the end)- and demoz too - not a big fan of his vocal style tho - doubt he can carry a whole album on his own without grating the nerves - Ill hold out for an instrumental release for the buckwild collabo.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    LokoOne said:
    You seen this one. I dig RA's verse and the whole toungue in cheek doco feel to it.... I dont mind Celph Titled voice but he needs a ghost writer or something....

RA killed it as always. Celph is aiight, he just sounds extremely dated on everything. This song was a good look for him due to the fact that he always sounds like he's in the 90's.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    haze25 said:
    did anyone hear that terrible new shit by Esoteric (heard it on 2dopeboyz) where he just disses new rappers over some sugar hill gang/spoonie gee throwaway beat?

Anyone know why I still can't embed Youtube videos?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Also, did anyone hear that terrible new shit by Esoteric (heard it on 2dopeboyz) where he just disses new rappers over some sugar hill gang/spoonie gee throwaway beat?

Dude's got some gall to be dissing anybody. Back when I cared about MC's, I always thought he was garbage. I reviewed an esoteric and 7L album on my website where I firmly but politely critiqued his rhyme styles and got a email from a guy (one of the only responses I ever got) all asshurt like I was talking about his mom. He said "in Boston, this guy's like the dragonslayer." O RLY?

DB, was this true during your days in Boston?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    verb606 said:

Also, did anyone hear that terrible new shit by Esoteric (heard it on 2dopeboyz) where he just disses new rappers over some sugar hill gang/spoonie gee throwaway beat?

Dude's got some gall to be dissing anybody. Back when I cared about MC's, I always thought he was garbage. I reviewed an esoteric and 7L album on my website where I firmly but politely critiqued his rhyme styles and got a email from a guy (one of the only responses I ever got) all asshurt like I was talking about his mom. He said "in Boston, this guy's like the dragonslayer." O RLY?

I copped one 7L and Esoteric 12", didn't like it, and never checked for them again. I saw them on fliers pretty frequently, but never bothered to see them. I guess I wasn't around in the neighborhoods where he was slaying dragons.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Dude's got some gall to be dissing anybody. Back when I cared about MC's, I always thought he was garbage. I reviewed an esoteric and 7L album on my website back in like 2005 where I firmly but politely critiqued his rhyme styles and got a email from a guy (one of the only responses I ever got) all asshurt like I was talking about his mom. He said "in Boston, this guy's like the dragonslayer." O RLY?

• The beats on this are amazing. Celph Titled is horrible. I'm not familiar with him prior to this and I think I'll keep it that way.

The song there will be blood with Grand Puba was the highlight for me. AG , sadat X and Diamond were also nice on the song. I really wish this was just a DITC album. Too bad OC didn't think of this first. I hope an instrumental LP comes out.

• This is gash, however No Sleep are putting out an EP with some tracks from this on one side (Yawn) and the other is all Buckwild remixes that never got released (Yay!). :-)

• Records_Recycled said:
    This is gash, however No Sleep are putting out an EP with some tracks from this on one side (Yawn) and the other is all Buckwild remixes that never got released (Yay!). :-)

What does gash mean?

• I hope an instrumental LP comes out.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    gash is an ever-so-slightly less offensive version of the word c***

• Rishan said:
    gash is an ever-so-slightly less offensive version of the word c***

So this album is cunt?

:oh_my:

• But gash also describes somethiing being poor/shit/unimpressive.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    apathy has ruined on of my favorite chinese instrumental releases

• Campag_Record said:
    But gash also describes somethiing being poor/shit/unimpressive.

Beat me to it mate ! :-)