iPhone People: Help beta test ceeFrenzy 2.0?

pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
I am currently finishing up ceeFrenzy version 2.0. Its a huge update to the original ceeFrenzy, which is the iPhone native application for collectorsfrenzy.com.

Main new features are:

- redesigned UI (what it should have been originally)
- bigger images
- favorites
- sharing on facebook/twitter (not implemented yet, will be in beta2)
- button to get 'yesterdays top 25', similar to the website
- iphone4 retina optimized graphics

Anyone here want to help me beta test it? All I need is your device ID, and I'll add you to my beta program and email you the beta version w/ instructions on how to load it. The beta will expire, eventually, but anyone that beta tests will get a code for a free copy of the app (if they don't already have it, it will be a free upgrade to current customers).

Here is how you get your device ID:

1) Launch iTunes.
2) Connect your device to your computer.
3) Select the device in the Devices list.
4) In the Summary pane, click the Serial Number label. It changes to Identifier.
5) Choose Edit > Copy.
6) Paste & your email address in a PM to me.

Here are some screenshots of the beta version:

Comments

• the screens look great. i am down to help with beta testing, love the current app. will PM later today.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    PM'd

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Gonna be sending out the betas later today, so if you want to get in the program get the device ID & email to me asap.

thanks to everyone who replied already.

-pj

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    You think about doing an iPad version?

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    pointman said:
    You think about doing an iPad version?

Yup that is next up on my todo list. I really wanted to go back and redo the iPhone version first tho, cause I was always unhappy with the (complete lack of) design. I figure I'll make it a universal app too, so the iPad version will be free if you get the iPhone version.

-pj

• count me in, wicked app

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Just sent you an email, screenshots look nice.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I use this app a lot. Mostly to price check weird classical records at the Thrift ;)

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Beta 1 is closed now. I just sent out the apps to those that responded.

I am still working out the issues with the Apple ad hoc beta program, so let me know of any issues you have. I included full instructions in the email.

-pj

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Thanks to everyone that has already reported bugs and issues.

I am going to be sending out beta 2 "soonish", just have to finish a few last minute tasks.

The main addition to this beta (beyond bug fixes) is sharing of auctions via facebook and twitter.

If anyone wants to be added to beta 2, get me your info right away!

Thanks again,

-pj

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    PM'd

thanks for all the hard work.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yo PJ hit me up I would love to Beta this...

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Sending out Beta 2 later tonight or tomorrow....

Last chance to get in to this beta, follow the directions above to send me your device id & email if you are interested.

Hopefully, (barring any huge problems with this beta cycle), I'll be releasing the final version in a week or so!

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Beta2 is closed. Sent out the apps last night.

Unless there is a significant issue reported, I'll be submitting to the app store next weekend.

Thanks to everyone who has helped out!

-pj

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    ceeFrenzy 2.0 is now live on the app store.

Thanks to everyone who helped out.

I'll be doing a big promotional push once I get this new promo website finished (hopefully tonight).

I need quotes for the website, so if you have anything nice to say about the iphone app, post em here or send me a PM.

-pj

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    I see it in the store but an update doesn't pop up in the app store. Do you have to rebuy it if you have the old version?

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Nope, probably just hasn't propagated to all the servers yet. It is a completely free update.

What version of the OS are you running? For now it requires 3.2 or higher (I might go back and qualify 3.1.3, but I haven't yet).

-pj

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    3.1.3 so maybe thats why.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I bought the original and the update popped up for free using the in-phone app store. Loaded fine, looks cool. Thanks for the head's up!

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    graham said:
    3.1.3 so maybe thats why.

yeah thats why. You should consider updating your iOS if you can. Apple worked out the issues with the 3G on iOS4.

If you can't upgrade, as I said, I'd like to qualify the older OS's but its tough, cause I don't have extra hardware (besides an old iPod touch that won't run 3.1.3 anyway). I'm working on it tho!

-pj

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    Ya I have an Ipod touch 1st gen so looks like I can't update to 3.2.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    nice update, PJ. pow.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    got the update last night. very nice. many thanks for a consistently great product.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Thanks....more coming soon.

Got this new promo website up and running for the app. You can check it out here:

http://www.saygoodnight.com/ceefrenzy

-pj

• thanks for all of your hard work, pj

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I have the old app tried to update it in the app store got a message telling me I had to "purchase the app" even though I had previously purchased it. So I clicked on purchase app got a message saying " This item is currently being modified. Please try again later." The same thing happened yesterday..... I am running OS 4.02

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    sweatshop said:
    I have the old app tried to update it in the app store got a message telling me I had to "purchase the app" even though I had previously purchased it. So I clicked on purchase app got a message saying " This item is currently being modified. Please try again later." The same thing happened yesterday..... I am running OS 4.02

Hmmm. I have updated the text on the app both yesterday and today (changing websites, promo text etc). So maybe you just did it at the wrong times? I don't know.

Did it popup in your 'updates' tab of the app store?

Try it again later today. If it still doesn't work, delete it from your phone & itunes on your computer. Shoot me a PM here and I'll send you a promo code to download it for free.

-pj

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    pj4533 said:
    sweatshop said:

Hmmm. I have updated the text on the app both yesterday and today (changing websites, promo text etc). So maybe you just did it at the wrong times? I don't know.

Did it popup in your 'updates' tab of the app store?

Try it again later today. If it still doesn't work, delete it from your phone & itunes on your computer. Shoot me a PM here and I'll send you a promo code to download it for free.

-pj

Yes it popped up in the updates section of the app store. I will try again later today.....

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    PJ,

I just want to say thank you.

your app is a godsend.

Alan.

• thanks man for letting me beta test this app! its great!