Herm Appreciation Thread

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited October 2010 in Strut Central
I like this guy. His optimism is infectious, if not unfathomable. Brave enough to make an NKOTB appreciation thread on Soulstrut. Aficionado of Disney World. Yet, former possessor of a rumptastic avatar.
Tip of the cap Herm! Kudos and all that shit!

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I don???t need psychology to see, the dichotomy in me. Knew something was fishy...

Don't forget "arrogant enough to be the first to respond to his own appreciation thread!"

Speaking of the assvatar...man, if you dudes only knew. I rep all that "corny" kids sh*t yet I flirt like no other and I'm a master sexter. I probably need therapy.

Regardless, I ain't letting any of you grumpy ass hypercritical motherhubbards rain on my parade! If I like it, I like it. And if I like it enough, I'll defend it. Simple as that.

Thanks, though The Non! I hope to meet you in real life someday! Wait...are we Facebook friends?? I get confused trying to match up real names with 'Strut names.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Nope, Ill get on that.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I have no idea who Herm is or what he does in his real life, but I???m sure we???d be friends since we share a deep respect for the wizarding world. His poasts are always upbeat and I can tell he???s a fun guy to have around, which is refreshing in the Strutteur world of Moaning Myrtles. He???s not afraid to get fresh with the resident Death Eaters and isn???t afraid to admit he enjoys something even if it isn???t an OG/foreign pressing/220 gram/mint/only1500everpressed/VG++/A+seller/raer. His fashion choices are bold and he follows women???s footwear trends closer than my gay BFF who works at Louis Vuitton, yet manages to drool over every veela elbow ever subjected to a Strutteur appraisal. I imagine he wears a different pair of supafly kicks with his GiltGroup finds to work everyday. Even someone as square as myself can appreciate that. Although your talk about your Nimbus and master sexery makes me uncomfortable, if I run into you in Diagon Alley, I???ll be sure buy you a mead. Cheers!

If you understand the references above, please let the nerdery take over and unite us all. I can feel the magic. If you have to Google the references, then you???re a sucka for thinking you were too cool for school.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    este guey...

Almond said:
    I have no idea who Herm is or what he does in his real life, but I???m sure we???d be friends since we share a deep respect for the wizarding world. His poasts are always upbeat and I can tell he???s a fun guy to have around, which is refreshing in the Strutteur world of Moaning Myrtles. He???s not afraid to get fresh with the resident Death Eaters and isn???t afraid to admit he enjoys something even if it isn???t an OG/foreign pressing/220 gram/mint/only1500everpressed/VG++/A+seller/raer. His fashion choices are bold and he follows women???s footwear trends closer than my gay BFF who works at Louis Vuitton, yet manages to drool over every veela elbow ever subjected to a Strutteur appraisal. I imagine he wears a different pair of supafly kicks with his GiltGroup finds to work everyday. Even someone as square as myself can appreciate that. Although your talk about your Nimbus and master sexery makes me uncomfortable, if I run into you in Diagon Alley, I???ll be sure buy you a mead. Cheers!

If you understand the references above, please let the nerdery take over and unite us all. I can feel the magic. If you have to Google the references, then you???re a sucka for thinking you were too cool for school.

Sexting, not sexery. There's a difference. I'm probably better at the former than I am the latter, though. *kanyeshrug**

Can we just turn this into another Almond appreciation thread?? I wish I was famous so I could have her write my bio. Pure poetry. She gets me. She really, really gets me.

*I'm not even sure if that's an appropriate usage of a *kanyeshrug*, but I bet it is.

empanadamn said:
    este guey...

My guey or the ay guey, holmes!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Herm is that dude, plain and simple. The 'booty' avatar alone was worthy of some love. It's about time he received some appreciation up in here. If you're ever in Central Jerz, holla at ya boy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Sometimes I don't get you at all.

But I think you're a good human being and the kind of man/poaster who can roll with it and see the positive.
    You are an important part of the Board.
    I appreciate you.

• i love herm! no homo!

• he saw me at my grungiest and didnt judge me too harshly. he actually almost hooked me up with TWO girls.

plus he found Woman is Sweeter for a dollar, so his Soulstrut street cred is solid

bassie said:

But I think you're a good human being and the kind of man/poaster who can roll with it and see the positive.
    I appreciate you.

Stackerton: Thanks! I have some good friends out in Montclair but I don't know if that's considered central.

Bassie: Thanks, Bassie! I appreciate you too! There's not really much to "get" with me, so I have to say I'm a little curious as to what your expectations may be. (Not that you expect anything, just can't think of a better way to word it at the moment.) I think (read: hope) any of my real-world friends who are also Strutters will say that there's no difference between my internet persona and my true self. I'm goofy, corny, I like to talk a lot of sh*t but in a fun way, I never take not-really-that-serious stuff serious, I don't pretend to be a tough guy (I'm a lover not a fighter but I'll admit that sometimes my loving has dudes wanting to fight me), I say random sometimes out-of-left-field and maybe even inappropriate stuff sometimes but it's mostly done out of silliness or as an over-exaggeration...Man, why do I feel like I have to defend myself?! Ha ha!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Man I love me some Hermilio, pro-homo.

I few years ago I was traveling through the desert for days and days days and had no idea where I was and had kind of lost my mind. He greeted me like an oasis of enthusiasm wearing a 3rd Bass shirt and a smile. Made me feel so good I sung a Bobby Caldwell song on the mic that night, on stage at some backwoods Arizona bar. True story...

tripledouble said:
    he saw me at my grungiest and didnt judge me too harshly. he actually almost hooked me up with TWO girls.

plus he found Woman is Sweeter for a dollar, so his Soulstrut street cred is solid

Ha ha! I didn't judge you at all! I did make fun of the Granola Wagon aka Swiss Army Van but that was only after I felt comfortable enough with you.

Don't forget that in addition to the females, I sent you walking with Jesus too! Plus it was the first and only time I ever played Leo Sayer's "Magdalena" and raer Villa Alegre breaks in the club on some ol' real-headz-know type sh*t! It was the least I could do after you picked up that Area Code 615 LP for me after I told I passed it up at Mad Hatter.

Good times, holmes. Good times.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Herm said:
    bassie said:

I appreciate you.

Stackerton: Thanks! I have some good friends out in Montclair but I don't know if that's considered central.

Hey Herm,

Montclair is considered northern Jersey, but if you're ever up there, holla at me and we can connect. You're good peeps, mane, and a valuable member of the 'Strut massive!!! You're were one of my top 'Strutters I'd like to drink a beer with.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Cosmo said:
    Man I love me some Hermilio, pro-homo.

I few years ago I was traveling through the desert for days and days days and had no idea where I was and had kind of lost my mind. He greeted me like an oasis of enthusiasm wearing a 3rd Bass shirt and a smile. Made me feel so good I sung a Bobby Caldwell song on the mic that night, on stage at some backwoods Arizona bar. True story...

That was awesome. Dudes were acting all too cool for cool in the parking lot on some ol' "I think that's Cosmo Baker over there" and "if you go say what's up I'll go with you" and then I walk outside and Cosmito yells out "HERMILIIIIIOOOOOO!!!" and instantly raised my stock to superstar status. And to think it was all based off ye olde Post Your Mug thread. Ah, the good ol' days, the good ol' days....

• Hi Herm!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    herm keeps it real and positive
    apreeshiating

• tripledouble said:
    i love herm! no homophobe!
    ahh cosimo, you keep me on point

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    whenever im going through a thread and start to feel embarassed for liking something everyone else is hatting on, there's a Herm post showing love, and I feel better about myself.

tripledouble said:
    tripledouble said:
    i love herm! no homophobe!
    ahh cosimo, you keep me on point

Ha!!!

Herm said:
    I wish I was famous so I could have her write my bio.

Come on and get famous, then. You're one of the few humans who (admits he) thinks I'm funny.

Actually, I don't know if we'd be friends in the real world because I come across as kind of serious and square, a la Eduardo Saverin minus the money. You seem like too much fun, rescuing people who have been roaming the desert for days and days and days and sending folks through portkeys to hook up with multiple veela. Someone's been drinking out of the pimp goblet of fiya.

I raise my butterbeer to you, Almond.

• I gave up sherm for herm. He's so much better.

street_muzik said:
    I gave up sherm for herm. He's so much better.

Sherm is no joke! I had a couple friends who smoked that once. Tweedy was one. I visited him in the hospital/crazy house he was in shortly after. That fool was in scrubs and chanclas and he was cracking me up in that place. Out of all the different types of folks I've kicked it with over the years, I have to say that cholos remain the funniest.

The other dude is still off a bit and it's been almost 20 years! He makes Crip Hop now.

• I like this guy. quote]

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I see Herm as an honorary member of the morning Brit/Euro crowd as he's normally one of the few Americans still putting up posts when I get in the office bleary eyed in the morning. For that alone I thank him for giving me something to read over my coffee and his positive outlook is infectious enough to bat away the foul mood I'm usually in at that time. Thumbs up.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    One of the most (if not, the most) consistently good-natured dudes on Soul Strut. Props over here.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    He's aiight...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I enjoy reading his posts and he does a great job of balancing out some of the cynical/negative stuff that goes down here.

I ride.