Feedback about my Root Down remix?

BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Beastie Boys have been giving away acapellas on their site lately... and I've got a few remixes I'm working on because of it. Just looking for some feedback about this one. It's in the rough stage... and I'm not so sure about going the synth route... but it seemed to fit the drums so well. This is just the first verses and chorus. Quick download and listen. Anyways... any comments or criticism is much appreciated. Thanks.beat chemist - root down remix.mp3 (2:00, 2.7MB)

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    not bad

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Approved 'not bad' by TheMack... anyone else???

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Beastie Boys have been giving away acapellas on their site lately... and I've got a few remixes I'm working on because of it.

Just looking for some feedback about this one. It's in the rough stage... and I'm not so sure about going the synth route... but it seemed to fit the drums so well. This is just the first verses and chorus. Quick download and listen. Anyways... any comments or criticism is much appreciated. Thanks.

beat chemist - root down remix.mp3 (2:00, 2.7MB)
    if i might be so honest... associating anything w/ the beastie boys means you've lost me as a potential listener.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Beastie Boys have been giving away acapellas on their site lately... and I've got a few remixes I'm working on because of it.

Just looking for some feedback about this one. It's in the rough stage... and I'm not so sure about going the synth route... but it seemed to fit the drums so well. This is just the first verses and chorus. Quick download and listen. Anyways... any comments or criticism is much appreciated. Thanks.

beat chemist - root down remix.mp3 (2:00, 2.7MB)
    if i might be so honest... associating anything w/ the beastie boys means you've lost me as a potential listener.

Not a Beastie fan??? They fell off, for sure... but a lot of their shit just still hits hard with me because it reminds me of the times when I was listening to it. Ill Communication was partied to many a times...

• Beasties lost me after check your head. The next one was alright, but it was all about Q-Tip for me.

I'll check your remix later. No sound on this computer.

I have a friend whos brother was part of the scene the Beastie Boys came from. He said their hip-hop started as a joke/gimmick to get laughs at their punk shows. For that my friend always hated them. He said.....