Anyone into House Music?

2»

Comments

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    can any of yall recommend some cream of the crop jazzy house mixes?? it doesn't necessarily have to be new or recent or anything.
    i prefer really JAZZY house...lots of key noodling, the less repetitive the better...not much vocals please.
    a full CD mix recommendation is what i'm after.

classic sheet.

thanks in advance!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    can any of yall recommend some cream of the crop jazzy house mixes?? it doesn't necessarily have to be new or recent or anything.
    i prefer really JAZZY house...lots of key noodling, the less repetitive the better...not much vocals please.

classic sheet.

thanks in advance!

Are you sure you don't mean FUNKY? You used to be able to buy tons of these tapes on Broadway in the 90s.

A couple of years ago I'd have said hang around some designer clothes stores peep their MK CD selection. You might have met a hot but vacant girl while you were at it.

These days, just consult the upper reaches of your cable TV. There will be a radio station playing it 24/7 with track IDs.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    im really diggin this cat named meikbar. doesnt have much out but he definitely has some talent

Meikbar is on the mellow disco vibe. The "Feelings/Sunshine" 12" is dope - got that, but I haven't heard more stuff from him. What's up?

On the subject of Theo Parrish, anyone doubting him or his peers should check the 12" he did under the alias Rusty Waters: "Illumination". Beautiful lowdown spiritual house played on live instruments with the nicest vocal. And I love all the old edit-style shit he did as well.

meikbar did a beautiful remix of this sweet abraham song called "all i want"
    thats my joint

and that illumination track is definitely up there with my favorite joints
    also, all of the 3 Chairs efforts have always been on rotation

ill be puttin together a mix of just some coolout soulful house pretty soon. ill post it once its done

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    what lamont said!!!

Yyyyyyyyyyyyup

And what dubious said

I forgot about Lindstrom. "Plague The Kid" is straight up my favourite record this year--any genre. Norway...... what are they up to over there?

• On the subject of Theo Parrish, anyone doubting him or his peers should check the 12" he did called summertime is here[/b]

• iconicon 86 Posts
    Just dropped a record that is remixed by Brennan Green, in a Carl Craig Retroactive vein:

1984 - Original Mix
    http://www.iconrecordings.com/audio/icon024a1.ram

1984 - Brennan Green Remix
    http://www.iconrecordings.com/audio/icon024b1.ram

TTL just added it to daily arrivals.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    Brennan = The MAN

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    Just dropped a record that is remixed by Brennan Green, in a Carl Craig Retroactive vein:

1984 - Original Mix
    http://www.iconrecordings.com/audio/icon024a1.ram

1984 - Brennan Green Remix
    http://www.iconrecordings.com/audio/icon024b1.ram

TTL just added it to daily arrivals.

you are part of home and garden?
    that joint sexuality with collette still gets run

classic sheet.

thanks in advance!

Are you sure you don't mean FUNKY? You used to be able to buy tons of these tapes on Broadway in the 90s.

A couple of years ago I'd have said hang around some designer clothes stores peep their MK CD selection. You might have met a hot but vacant girl while you were at it.

These days, just consult the upper reaches of your cable TV. There will be a radio station playing it 24/7 with track IDs.

not sure. maybe i do mean funky. i like smooth shit.
    unfortunately, i wasn't around Broadway in the 90's, nor designer clothes stores a couple years ago, and i don't have cable TV either.

so, i was hoping maybe yall could hip me to some DJ's that specialize in this style and have high quality mixed CD's

i do appreciate the help!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    maybe the jazz in the house series of comps, Phil Asher of Restless Souls is behind those.

check some of those mixed cd's of the guidance catalogue......

the usual cd's by Francois K, Danny Krivit, etc etc

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Anyone saying that house is boring these days ain't looking hard enough. Quality house music can be found all over the world (NYC, Stockholm, Tokyo, Berlin etc).

Any NYC peeps out there need to check for my homegirl SELLY @ UBIQUITA- THursdays @ the KniTTING FACtory. Rumour is- they're going back 2 the old spot.

maybe the jazz in the house series of comps, Phil Asher of Restless Souls is behind those.

check some of those mixed cd's of the guidance catalogue......
    i'm very little in this genre. so thanks...i'll check those out

• iconicon 86 Posts

you are part of home and garden?
    that joint sexuality with collette still gets run

ha, no, this is just my label. h&g are tim shumaker (who i used to do a label with called doghouse) and tim kvasnosky.

• check out this station which mixes soulful house, nu-jazz, afro beat/latin, mad electronica remixes and such. guest djs pop in every now and then too

Soulvibesradio.com
    http://216.12.162.56:6630/listen.pls

JS

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Moodymann kills it

Really into Theo Parrish as well, also Motorbass, Demon, Pepe Bradock and Andres get lots of play.

• I think everyone you just named are on the playlist on

Especially is you like Soul in your House...

http://216.12.162.56:6630/listen.pls
    Soulvibesradio.com

JS

• SORRY about the double post folks AND spelling-I'm still reading POSTING SOUL STRUT THREADS FOR DUMMIES...

JS

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    I been really into this cat DJ QU out of Brooklyn, NY, Strength label...he's dope!

Joe Claussell made a rediculous edit of Lil Louis "I Called U", REDICULOUS!

Ron Trent also put out his Dancefloor Boogie 2 or 3 recently which has a nice track on there with the signature jazzy undertone...

Kyle Hall been putting out some crazy shit, but thats more Techno? still, banging!

• Been listening to quite a lot of Moodymann and Ron Trent over the past few months. Deep House was never a genre I ever gave much time to checking out.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    More techno-related, but lately I've really been getting into Drexciya. In particular this track:

• minimini 879 Posts