13»

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    3-word review:

Scarface for Nerds.

The movie or this thread? ;-)

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Haven't seen it yet -- but it has been brought to my attention that there are apparently a few shots of Serato at the beginning of the movie. Wasn't Serato only first avail in 2004???

Nice try, Sorkin! Can't pull the fast one on this group of dorks.

I thought the same thing. In the party scene where the first Serato sighting occurred, final club members/frat boys were wearing ballcaps with 2004 embroidered on them. I *think* he first started the FaceMash site in early January '04. Very early, like Jan 3rd. I doubt Serato was out that early. I'll have to check the timeline again.

• edith head said:

I just watched Zombieland and Eisenberg's character has the same mannerisms and self-deprecating, insecure style of expressing himself as Michael Cera does in a majority of the roles I've seen him in.

I watched the whole of Zombieland assuming it was Cera.

• mannybolone said:

Also, please don't compare Rashida Jones to Alba. Jessica's not in the same league. Hell, not even the same sport.

oh brother haha eyeroll for days.

O I know Rashida seems "smart" or something, which to nerds like us makes her more attractive.

but in reality we have no idea if she's any smarter than Alba. and she for sure as hell isn't any finer.

(and Rashida is hot IMO, just saying though).

haha.

Almond said:
    Herm said:
    A few years ago Rey's comments would've elicited a chuckle or two while simultaneously thumbing his nose at this project in a way that makes you think "Hmmm...he's got a point there."

I'm afraid he's lost his touch.

We are all disconnected proletariats. We post on Soul Strut as if there is nothing better to do. Picking apart each other's hastily constructed, amateur film reviews doesn't make us special. Rey sounds like Faux without the zingers.
    That said, what do you think about the JT/Parker role, Herm? Since you've actually seen the film? The cocaine incident actually occurred in "reality" and was widely reported but the context in which it was depicted (i.e. topless girl, that's my inhaler, cops) was negative. Is it just me, or did Eduardo come across as a good kid overall? I really liked him. He was the first to cough up any money (in "reality") and if it weren't for that algorithm, the site wouldn't have gone up that night.

Sorry, Almond. Forgot to respond. I liked the Parker role, but it's obvious (now that I've read up on a bit) that the movie did its' best to paint him and Zuckerberg in a bad light. Justin Timberlake's performance was great though. Dude was convincing in his smooth, conniving ways, though not so convincing in the "easily punked" flinching scene. He didn't seem weak or scared at all. My favorite was his opening scene:

Parker: Ah, see? The shoe's on the other, uhhh...
    Girl: Foot?
    Parker: ...table, which is turned.

But yeah, I came out of that movie REALLY liking Eduardo, though not in the same "cute Jewish boy" way you did. ;-)

The line that got the most laughs here and I imagine everywhere else was "I'm 6'2", 220 lbs and there's two of me." That was pretty funny.

Reynaldo said:
    Herm said:
    A few years ago Rey's comments would've elicited a chuckle or two while simultaneously thumbing his nose at this project in a way that makes you think "Hmmm...he's got a point there."

I'm not here to amuse you.

You're doing a great job at that!

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Herm said:
    Almond said:
    Herm said:

We are all disconnected proletariats. We post on Soul Strut as if there is nothing better to do. Picking apart each other's hastily constructed, amateur film reviews doesn't make us special. Rey sounds like Faux without the zingers.
    That said, what do you think about the JT/Parker role, Herm? Since you've actually seen the film? The cocaine incident actually occurred in "reality" and was widely reported but the context in which it was depicted (i.e. topless girl, that's my inhaler, cops) was negative. Is it just me, or did Eduardo come across as a good kid overall? I really liked him. He was the first to cough up any money (in "reality") and if it weren't for that algorithm, the site wouldn't have gone up that night.

Sorry, Almond. Forgot to respond. I liked the Parker role, but it's obvious (now that I've read up on a bit) that the movie did its' best to paint him and Zuckerberg in a bad light. Justin Timberlake's performance was great though. Dude was convincing in his smooth, conniving ways, though not so convincing in the "easily punked" flinching scene. He didn't seem weak or scared at all. My favorite was his opening scene:

Parker: Ah, see? The shoe's on the other, uhhh...
    Girl: Foot?
    Parker: ...table, which is turned.

But yeah, I came out of that movie REALLY liking Eduardo, though not in the same "cute Jewish boy" way you did. ;-)

The line that got the most laughs here and I imagine everywhere else was "I'm 6'2", 220 lbs and there's two of me." That was pretty funny.

I like that quote as well. Winklevi. Like dating a Stairmaster. You're not an asshole, you just try so hard to be.

I felt like Eduardo and Parker were the figurative devil and angel upon Zuck's shoulders. Parker had a lot more of an edge to offer the company, but one bad move and he could cause much more damage to FB's image than Eduardo could. On the other hand, Eduardo was a safe bet and a clean cut guy; probably the right guy for financial management. The cocaine incident really did occur and was widely reported, and in my previous posts where I mentioned the negative portrayal of Parker, I was referring to this as well as Parker's real-life party image. The whole movie, Zuck was a complete asshole and we cheered. He drunk-blogged and we laughed. He fornicated with a with a random girl in public restroom and we were proud. Parker gets caught with a little dust on his hands and gets arrested and he's the bad guy and we're disappointed. Eduardo spends the summer on subways and shows up in the soaking rain to support his douchebag friend and essentially pulls our (or maybe just my?) heartstrings. I agree JT did a good acting job, but I just can't warm up to characters like that. I related much more to Eduardo.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    Haven't seen it yet -- but it has been brought to my attention that there are apparently a few shots of Serato at the beginning of the movie. Wasn't Serato only first avail in 2004???

It was a Serato unit?

The beginnings of Final scratch was late 90's, with retail units hitting stores early 2000's.

DOR said:
    Woimsah said:

It was a Serato unit?

The beginnings of Final scratch was late 90's, with retail units hitting stores early 2000's.

1:09

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    I'm not going to pay to watch a disconnected hit piece by the old media. I might give it a chance when a good copy makes its way to the torrents.
    It has !
    watched it today. good movie.

willie_fugal said:
    3-word review:

Scarface for Nerds.
    ha ha ha ha. On point !