Record Shops in Phoenix Arizona?

dreskieboogiedreskieboogie 951 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Who knows about record shops in Phoenix?b, 21b, 21I will probably only have time to go to one though.b,121b, 21Thanks in advance,b,121b,121Dress

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    You need to hit up meatyogre! Send dude a PM, he runs a store and has records for days.

• Thanks man.b,121b,121Dress

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    yeah his store is called Grandiose, it's at 104 E. Pierce St. in Downtown Phoenix. (602)324-7558b,121a href="http://www.grandioselife.com." target="_blank"1www.grandioselife.com.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Is Meaty still out in AZ? Or did he return to the CHI?

he returned to the land from whence he came...pretty sure so DCastillo could teach his son a proper Chicago accent.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    That's what I thought. What's the best record store in Phoenix these days?

hell if I know...Hermie might chime in on this one.

• The best shop in PHX is definitely Revolver Records at Roosevelt/1st st. downtown. Other than that, its a pretty sad state of affairs in Phoenix for shops. Thrifts are good, but they are spread too far around, and takes a good 3 days to hit them all

• revolver is the only actual store in phoenix
    rockzone in mesa is also ok but it is a trek

generally they are both pretty dismal

thrift stores are by far the best bet in phoenix but it's time consuming
    luckily there is nothing else to do

• yes what me-tay said

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Thanks guys. Tracks N Wax and Stinkweeds are dead and gone? Or just not worth a stop?

• stinkweeds is great but it's most if not all new releases / reissues... but it's by far the best store AZ has ever had of its type.

tracks in wax is crust personified, though everyone has gotten lucky there once or twice - generally a waste of time though

• if you have the time, Thrifty Joe's is pretty cool. Chop it up with the kid that works there and he'll show you stuff thats still unpriced.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Not sure I'll have time to hit any record spots on this upcoming trip. We're staying at the Biltmore. UNOHAOWEEDEW.

• Definitly try to hit La Condesa on 16th St. The salsa bar alone is worth the trip. Try the mole and the pork tacos

• JRoot said:
    Biltmore. UNOHAOWEEDEW.

Nice place.

• I used to do well & Tracks & Wax back in tha day-Also major scoreage when Rockaway first opened their store there-it is now closed. Record Show is probs the ish.

• If "Circles" is still around, that place was pretty dope.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Just got back from a weekend in Phoenix.

Revolver was my favorite. Their new arrivals section was solid. They had a rare psych section. Worth visiting.

Stinkweeds was mostly new/reissues, but they did have used copies of both Si, Para Usted comps. Copped.

Thirfty Joe's was better than expected. Copped a Chaffey College Jazz Ensemble and some other private Jazz for cheap.

The lady working the counter at Revolver said EastSide Records in Tempe was worth the trip, but I didn't make it out there.

La Condesa was facemelting Mexican food. Tacos were perfect. Homemade Horchata. Craziest salsa bar I've ever seen.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Despite the excellent information provided above, I did not leave the grounds of the Biltmore the entire weekend.

I do not regret this decision.

• JRoot said:
    Despite the excellent information provided above, I did not leave the grounds of the Biltmore the entire weekend.

I do not regret this decision.

Damn straight.
    You made a wise decision.

And Eastside sucks. VG(-) records for days.
    Like 40 copies of tattered Tjader records.

• I HAVE FOUND HEAT IN ALL OF THESE SPOTS. YOU HAVE TO HIT ALL THE SPOTS TO COME UP,NOT ONE OR TWO.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    cuthbert151 said:
    I HAVE FOUND HEAT IN ALL OF THESE SPOTS. YOU HAVE TO HIT ALL THE SPOTS TO COME UP,NOT ONE OR TWO.

NEVER STOP DIGGIN