Which NFL team should I ride for?

13»

Comments

• join the Black & Gold Mafia Family.

• PelvicDust said:
    gareth said:
    Teams like NE and whatnot cycle through the ratings as they are good, but no one will care about NE when Brady leaves and they go 4-12.

Unless they've really found the magic formula and can continue being relevant without him.

Going 11-5 with Casell as QB was a really underrated achievement. And they have Oakland's 1st round pick next year to continue to build a very young defense.

If the good seasons continue I could see them picking up some national appeal, especially with all those Red Sox fans out there. But they're not there yet and may never be.

I think that teams decade is as fascinating as any ever played- 3 SB wins, the first coming out of NOWHERE- and ultimately, an all-time great let down threatens to be their defining moment. And, no doubt about it, that was the best of the 4 teams that made the SB.

Then, they come back the next year, lose their best player on the first drive of the year- and then go 11-5. AND, don't make the playoffs. I saw the video of Belichick in the locker room after that last game in '08, and it's fascinating. Knowing they had the 4pm Jets-Phins game to decide their fate, he just said, "Great job this year, men... there's nothing you can do. Most years, 11-5 will get you a bye or a home game. This year, it's different... nothing we can do." It was fascinating to watch, and he was right, contrite...

Not to mention the '06 team- and their dog shit WRs- and the AFC Championship game that year, which is probably the best football game I've ever watched. Ever.

• All solid advise.......

olde days before the interweb
    glorious head of hair
    quarterback is a rapist
    humiliation of being an Eagles fan
    cheeseland
    pulling for the Jets
    man face
    less rapey guy
    Being a Lions fan is like being in hell
    fumbled forever and ever
    Raiders fans cry
    TUCK RULE BATCHES
    shady shit
    Ocracoke Island
    corrupt Chicago thing
    NEWSFLAH, real life is 100% subjective
    Shitting on the Bears this year
    game of inches
    racial slur
    Raiders fans are absolutely insane
    Memphis Grizzlies

I'm thinking Steelers. Australian League footballers do alot of raping so there is some reciprocity there. I also happen to love hypocyloids. Thanks.

• gareth said:
    If you want to show up in America, land at any given airport, and find fans of your team, you should pick the following:

Dallas
    or
    PIttsburgh

truth, but this is basically like picking good vs. evil. Will you join us, or will you go over to the dark side?

;)

• gareth said:

Not to mention the '06 team- and their dog shit WRs- and the AFC Championship game that year, which is probably the best football game I've ever watched. Ever.

Interesting to hear you say this, although that game was epic beyond belief, its outcome was not in your favor.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    gareth said:
    no one will care about NE when Brady leaves and they go 4-12.

MY DUDE. Real New Englanders stood by this team when we were the laughingstock of the league. For decades. The bandwagon will go off a cliff and burst into flames at some point, but best believe I'll be loving my Pats por vida.

• Garcia_Vega said:
    gareth said:

Interesting to hear you say this, although that game was epic beyond belief, its outcome was not in your favor.

I'm gonna say this and sound like a total douche, but here goes-

At this point, esp working on the game of football, I root for a good game. I want history, I want entertainment, and I want two teams at their best.

So, all that said- the '06 game was the best example I remember of two heavyweights just SLUGGING IT OUT. It had everything- Manning redemption, epic rivalry, and is really not defined by one teams failure, but by the success and comeback of the Colts.

The next SB, starring your team, had a lot of that, and will always be more epic for the stakes. But, if I were to sit down right now and watch ONE GREAT football game, with everything about the sport that I love, I would pick the '06 AFC Championship.

As for Pats fans- I agree there are die hards, but I think when they start to head down, there will be a lot of rats fleeing that Titanic.

If they find their Steve Young, to sustain their success, they could almost become a national team, though, I agree....

• HarveyCanal said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    For the record, the Lions weren't robbed, they just enforced a really shitty rule.

That was clearly a touchdown...and Brady fumbled forever and ever.

It's a shitty rule the refs clearly arent consistent with. Didn't the Saints score in the Super Bowl in pretty much the same manner & it stood??

Yes it will always be a fumble but look at it as karma biting the Raiders in the ass for that 76 playoff win over the Pats ;)

• pimlicosquirrel said:

I'm thinking Steelers. Australian League footballers do alot of raping so there is some reciprocity there.

:oh_my: