Food You Can't Put Down!

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited September 2010 in Strut Central
I just had a talkin to with myself over some Trader Joe garlic parmesan and herb pita chips. What foods are out there you just can't put down?

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Golden Grahams, straight out the box, is that good crack.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I just inhaled a sandwich sized ziplock of cherry tomatoes from a co-worker's garden.
    I'm not sure if they were all for me. Eh-heh.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    Loacker dark chocolate wafers

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Golden Grahams, straight out the box, is that good crack.

Yes. Fruit Loops too (although they're "less subtle").

• i have a problem with peanut butter. all kinds, creramy, chunky. smart balance with added flax seed oil. you name it i'll fuck that shit up.

• plain ripple cut chips [crisps for the blokes] straight up no dip.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Pistachios (Roasted / Salted)

=

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Popcorn lightly salted.

• Raw baby carrots. Straight up Bugs Bunny style. Ate so many 2 summers ago my palms turned orange, literally.

• i'll usually embarrass myself whenever a plate with broccoli and dip are within reach as well.

• Saltine crackers. Deal.

• Lethal.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Oh OK then

black olives

Indian hot mix

cherries

• The_Non said:
    I just had a talkin to with myself over some Trader Joe garlic parmesan and herb pita chips. What foods are out there you just can't put down?

major especially when b/w some hummus (preferably the spicy variety)

• Woimsah said:

My wife's fav. I prefer Chewy Chips Ahoy.

Have a hard time with these too...

• Woimsah said:

flat strawberries, WTF?

i've been washing down the trees consumption w/these recently:

• also:

:off_the_wall:

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

curried cashews. with a strong IPA i can eat a ton of 'em.

• spivy said:

curried cashews. with a strong IPA i can eat a ton of 'em.

Can you use this as bait? May taste good but it sure aint pretty. Reminds me of the worst soul food cover ever:

willie_fugal said:
    Woimsah said:

flat strawberries, WTF?

sun-dried strawberries. Trader Joes used to have these for cheap with all the other sun-dried stuff. Shame, they kinda pricey everywhere else.

Speaking of Trader Joes - these are a beast too...

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    -chips n salsa
    -brie
    -Kalamata olives
    -cherry tomatoes
    -mandarin oranges
    -cookies (NO RAISINS)
    -caramel popcorn from Popcornopolis
    -Trader Joe's kettle corn
    -Trader Joe's soy yogurt and the European yogurt
    -2% milk
    -Kit Kat bars
    -other candies
    -all candies
    -cream cheese
    -corn off the cob
    -guacamole
    -BBQ sauce
    -hummus
    -pita chips

I have a sweet tooth and eat little things here and there, but don't eat that much in one sitting.

• The Happy World of HARIBO

• This right now

• Woimsah said:

I haven't had those in a good long while. I might have to look for them while getting groceries this week. I was recently introduced to Nature's Promise and their salsa dip. Probably the best dip that I have tried thus far. Every time I open the can it smells fresh and tastes like so.

• These things from costco called "cashew clusters"...cashews, almonds and pumpkin seeds with honey and sea salt...I could eat a ton of them...literally, I think.

Also having a hard time stopping my consumption of chocolate soy milk.

The chorizo quesadilla from the spot down the street with a big ass dos equis is on regular rotation as well.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    i've developed an insatiable taste for okinomiyaki.

and well, the triumvirate of interchangeable cheap one's-always-on-sale-for-4.29-a-sixer of Miller, Rainier, or PBR light american lagers. Tallcans. Behold the splendor.

and there's a ridiculously heavy pesto chicken sangwich I've had at least thrice a week for the past four months (pizza spot next door, with salad [blue cheese], $10.18)

incompletejigsaw said:
    Woimsah said:

I haven't had those in a good long while. I might have to look for them while getting groceries this week. I was recently introduced to Nature's Promise and their salsa dip. Probably the best dip that I have tried thus far. Every time I open the can it smells fresh and tastes like so.

Be careful, you should have to be licensed to eat these. Going through a whole bag in one sitting is not at all a challenge, esp with some milk.

• As a committed candy junky, I cannot permit myself to leave this thread without bigging up the greatest chewy candies of all time.

Morinaga's Hi Chew candy is pretty much the japanese version of crack. They're sorta like starburst, except about 10000 times better.

Seriously. Those unfamiliar need to get fam QUICK!

you can currently get grapefruit flavor on ebay, which I've been looking forward to trying for a couple years now. amazing stuff.