Machete.

2»

Comments

• What he said.

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    Herm said:
    What he said.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Like if you had any desire to watch this movie based on previews or whatever you definitely won't be disappointed. I was really impressed with the pacing of the movie which usually falls flat with these kinds of movies. And not really any bullshit filler for the most part.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    It started out good up until near the end where it seems they rushed the ending just to get it over with, very anti-climatic.
    I was expecting over the top deaths for the bad dudes especially Segal this didn't materialize.
    What happened to Tom Savini? he disappears with no explanation.
    Overall i would recommend just waiting for the dvd or taking it off the net.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Just saw it today. It was the shit. Highly recommended for over the top action movie.

• Machete was the most fun I've had at movie theater in a long time. If you are in Austin, go see it at the Alamo Drafthouse. With the old trailers, video clips and randomness, I was thoroughly entertained for 45 minutes before the movie even started.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    magnetic said:

I was expecting over the top deaths for the bad dudes especially Segal this didn't materialize.

Cmon, that end scene was great. There was so much going on there. Not trying to give anything away, but there were the cars, the guy with the ice cream cart, De Niro with the clothes, the nurses with stripper shoes, the gatling gun on the motorcycle, Segal's speech, etc.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    Anyone else feel that the "choppy" (no pun) CGI fight impacts and the video conference scenes made this feel very "direct to video" (...and not in the kitchy nostalgic way that Rodriguez intended)? I know what they're going for but didn't hit the mark , in my opinion. Still a fantastic action flick, though.

• very entertaining and fun movie! really enjoyed it.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Cant wait to see this either - the knives allready seem to be out for rodriguez tho...

Matt drudge linked to this foaming at the mouth alex jones piece:

Rodriguez & crew played everyone as fools, knowing full well what the film would contain. Does Texas want to subsidize the films of Robert Rodriguez and continue to give him a platform to spew divisive racially-tinted trash oriented at Hispanics and attempting to radicalize their views? Rodriguez is the face of the Texas Film Commission???s tax incentives program, and has been virtually guaranteed up to $60 million in rebate funding for a package of films.

Blood-soaked and dripping with hate

It wasn???t the extreme levels of violence or its nudity that made this film so offensive; it was the one-sided approval of Hispanic revenge killings while uniformly demonizing the actions of the white groups involved. The head Mexican drug lord was served exclusively by white politicians and radical groups.

???machete??? producers lied about racist bloodbath

Also - that joaquin phoenix movie/doc finally dropped. will check that out as well.

Phoenix review

• Lapitus!!

Fun to watch for the most part, but god damn there is some terrible writing in there.

• the film is not meant to be written well...its in the same vein as the grindhouse films, but a mexiploitation film. much like the black revenge films of the early 70s.

i enjoyed the film for what it was and ill probably watch it again.

• There were a lot of little kids under the age of 10 with their parents. And the audience I was around was 80% mexican and they all were laughing at the humor and stereotype BS. I enjoyed the movie and Lindsey Lohan naked freckled body received" EHHH" from the audience.

• shooterali said:
    The audience I was around was 98% mexican and they all were laughing at the humor and stereotype BS.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i liked it
    it delivered what i expected
    also check this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Trejo

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Latte Pass

Shit was hot.

And Michelle Rodriguez has upped her Heat quotient in my book. She took it from skinny Alba.

I never was a fan or some GirlFight geek, but dang she was tough and yummy in this flick.

• batmon said:

And Michelle Rodriguez has upped her Heat quotient in my book. She took it from skinny Alba.

damn like that? I must peep.

MR was always cute to me but Alba is kinda like my top pick of her generation. I need to see this I guess. I mean, I was eventually gonna rent this one on the stremph, but now Im really intrigued.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    batmon said:

MR was always cute to me but Alba is kinda like my top pick of her generation. I need to see this I guess. I mean, I was eventually gonna rent this one on the stremph, but now Im really intrigued.

Try and catch it at a dollar flick because this is best seen in the theatre not only for the action and special effects, but for audience reaction.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    street_muzik said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    batmon said:

Try and catch it at a dollar flick because this is best seen in the theatre not only for the action and special effects, but for audience reaction.

The BlueRay has the audience reaction as an option.

They did the same w/ Sin City (Crowd interaction Audio Track).

• batmon said:
    street_muzik said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    batmon said:

The BlueRay has the audience reaction as an option.

They did the same w/ Sin City (Crowd interaction Audio Track).

How is that? haha! It's not the same as being the only person in a packed theatre, laughing at the most inappropriate moment. It's the public enjoyment of such morbidity that gets my rocks off.
    :oh_my:

• the new call of duty black ops expansion pack contains a new zombie game......

the newest member to join the fight against the neverending waves of the undead?