So he wants a refund...

2»

Comments

• Sorry I don't know grading, I meant VG something. But it did not click on my setup. I even made an mp3 of it without having to clean up anything. But I mean for him to want 20 bucks back is too much. I rather keep the record myself and just give him his money back then end up selling it for 47. Yesterday we were e-mailing back and forth and as soon as I e-mailed him to just send it back, he stopped e-mailing me. I am positive someone else would've been like it's good for the price. Another one that same day went for 91 in MINT so WTF.

Yeah but that's the chance you take with auction (versus set sale); it might go for less than you wanted. If you hadn't used suspect grading then the man would have no case, but as it stands, you kind of shot yourself in the foot by grading it wrong.

That said, you need a bit of proof to do a partial refund, and if that were me I'd just say take it or return it. No partials. But you also risk the negative feedback....

:/

• i use a 1,000-point grading system and express everything as a percentage. a perfect record (which doesn't exist outside the factory) is 1.000; the worst-condition record imaginable (maybe just a chip that remains from a smashed record?) is 0. most records that people would call m??? fall in the .930 to .975 range...a vg+ averages out to .750 but can be as clean as .929 and as worn as .601...

like that.

just kidding.

m

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    i use a 1,000-point grading system and express everything as a percentage. a perfect record (which doesn't exist outside the factory) is 1.000; the worst-condition record imaginable (maybe just a chip that remains from a smashed record?) is 0. most records that people would call m??? fall in the .930 to .975 range...a vg+ averages out to .750 but can be as clean as .929 and as worn as .601...

like that.

just kidding.

m

is this a subtle mockery of the 1-10 point grading scale that is sweeping the net?

I just bought a tobi lark 45 that looks 5 but plays 7...;)

---

• which one? that same one you already had? if so, i want...

which one? that same one you already had? if so, i want...

'happiness is here'

nowhere near as good as 'challenge my love', but I like it alot better than I did a couple years back, guess my tastes have grown 'more sophisticated'...

---

• oh, i hate that one.
    a hating hater,
    m

• Sorry I don't know grading, I meant VG something. But it did not click on my setup. I even made an mp3 of it without having to clean up anything. But I mean for him to want 20 bucks back is too much. I rather keep the record myself and just give him his money back then end up selling it for 47. Yesterday we were e-mailing back and forth and as soon as I e-mailed him to just send it back, he stopped e-mailing me. I am positive someone else would've been like it's good for the price. Another one that same day went for 91 in MINT so WTF.

Yeah but that's the chance you take with auction (versus set sale); it might go for less than you wanted. If you hadn't used suspect grading then the man would have no case, but as it stands, you kind of shot yourself in the foot by grading it wrong.

That said, you need a bit of proof to do a partial refund, and if that were me I'd just say take it or return it. No partials. But you also risk the negative feedback....

:/

Ya that's what I told him. Just send it back because honestly 47 from 67 is a fourth off and I would rather keep it or relist it telling people that it might click depending on their setup. Si o No.

oh, i hate that one.
    a hating hater,
    m

you are, in soulstrut mis-spelling parlance, a 'hatter'.

'happiness...' is a bit chipper, yup.

---

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Sorry I don't know grading, I meant VG something. But it did not click on my setup. I even made an mp3 of it without having to clean up anything. But I mean for him to want 20 bucks back is too much. I rather keep the record myself and just give him his money back then end up selling it for 47. Yesterday we were e-mailing back and forth and as soon as I e-mailed him to just send it back, he stopped e-mailing me. I am positive someone else would've been like it's good for the price. Another one that same day went for 91 in MINT so WTF.

Try not to take this the wrong way, but if you meant VG something and graded it NM+, I think we just found your problem. Try to grade a record the way you would want it graded, not the way you think will bring in the most loot. (unless you don't mind unhappy customers) I would be salty about a VG record graded NM too.

• Options
    A couple of my Ja records are only hitting .400, but with excellent slugging percentages.

K in Canada.

• Well, in Uk all records for sale are ex or better,but at all they are vg+ or lesser. But if that mates buy records, m- has a pop here and a klick there..to get it cheaper, i had that 4 times in the past.
    7 inches are not hifi recordings,that should be realized at all...
    peace G

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Well, in Uk all records for sale are ex or better,but at all they are vg+ or lesser. But if that mates buy records, m- has a pop here and a klick there..to get it cheaper, i had that 4 times in the past.
    peace G

I have no idea what you just said

• I have no idea what you just said

COSIGN!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Well, in Uk all records for sale are ex or better,but at all they are vg+ or lesser. But if that mates buy records, m- has a pop here and a klick there..to get it cheaper, i had that 4 times in the past.

peace G

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    peace G
    Huh? Damn, thats a little too long for a location.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

"Well, in Russia all records for sale are ex or better,but at all they are vg+ or lesser. But if that mates buy records, m- has a pop here and a klick there..to get it cheaper, i had that 4 times in the past.

peace Yakov"

• Means simply selling bad condition overgraded in ex , and trying to get refund for any imperfection which a 7 inch occassionally may have, when mates buy recs... My experience...
    peace G

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    hahahahahahaaha holy shit this thread made my day

• hahahahahahaaha holy shit this thread made my day

Kinda weird how this just happened between us two but I am not complaining.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    hahahahahahaaha holy shit this thread made my day

Kinda weird how this just happened between us two but I am not complaining.

I'm saying though, in BK all records for sale are ex or better,but at all they are vg+ or lesser. But if that mates buy records, m- has a pop here and a klick there..to get it cheaper, i had that 4 times in the past. 7 inches are not hifi recordings,that should be realized at all... Means simply selling bad condition overgraded in ex , and trying to get refund for any imperfection which a 7 inch occassionally may have, when mates buy recs... Yaddidameanyaheard...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

NM+ when the record goes a pop take a 20 dollars off.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    A couple of my Ja records are only hitting .400, but with excellent slugging percentages.

ah, reggae 7" grading.
    famous auction lists from mid-west reggae czar would
    include such "ex" gradings with footnotes like
    "will play with extra weight on needle"
    or
    "has hole (other times chip) in vinyl but will play thru"

who cares about some "wol" when it'll still play thru that hole in de wax