The Wilderness Downtown

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
Pretty cool little interactive doohickey to promote the new Arcade Fire album. Works best in Chrome.

Comments

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Pretty cool little interactive doohickey to promote the new Arcade Fire album. Works best in Chrome.

That is super cool. Brilliant use of Street View. Also, it seemed to work just fine with Safari.

• This is great, thanks for sharing Doc.

The whole album is stellar, IMO. I think the lyrical themes are pretty on point and encapsulate the current state of the world. I'm happy to see this album doing so well on the charts.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Yeah, I like 'em too. They seem to have supplanted (or at least achieved par with) Radiohead as the universally-acclaimed indie rock act of choice for most people. This record is better than the last one, I think.

As an alternative to a regular video, though, this is pretty fresh.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    As an alternative to a regular video, though, this is pretty fresh.

I put my old postcode in and was amused to see dude running to get there, when the move du jour is to move away pronto. Boarded-up flats-R.

WA8 4TP

• DocMcCoy said:
    They seem to have supplanted (or at least achieved par with) Radiohead as the universally-acclaimed indie rock act of choice for most people.

I definitely think they have their own thing to be proud of but would probably need another 3 or 4 really solid albums until I gave them on par with Radiohead status.

• Options
    Awesomely sucky band.

• PelvicDust said:
    Awesomely sucky band.

right.

• This thing opened 8 browser windows then crashed my computer.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    "This film is processor intensive. Please shut down other programs and close unnecessary browser tabs. Doing this will enhance your viewing experience. Thanks."

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Sunfade said:
    This thing opened 8 browser windows then crashed my computer.

I closed everything I had open and this still happened.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    try it in chrome.
    it's a really cool concept, but i really am not hearing what's so appealing about this band.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    Breez said:
    Sunfade said:
    This thing opened 8 browser windows then crashed my computer.

I closed everything I had open and this still happened.

Time to sell that Commodore 64.