Why do Dogs have to die?

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
I had to put my best friend Miles down today. This is the saddest thing I've ever had to do. Rest in peace little dude.

Comments

• condolences. that sucks man, hang in there

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    sad stuff :-(

• gutting.

im sorry for your loss.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Sorry to hear that, Raj. Sad business.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    mes condol??ences

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    So sorry...dogs are better than most humans IMO, hate to see any dogs have to check out...condolences.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Sorry for your loss.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    damn man, sorry to hear dude, how long did you have him..

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    my girl Ute's dog bought it last week also. sucks.

condolences man.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Sorry to hear it man,

Chin up.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Sorry to hear Raj. I feel especially sorry for your kids, hope they didn't take it too hard. Try and get another friend soon.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    dogs are better than most humans IMO.

saying.

sorry for your loss RAJ, i know the feeling all too well.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    When my cat passed, I felt like I better go before the other cats, there is no way I can deal going through this two more times.

I am very sorry he's gone, losing an animal companion is a unique and deep pain.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I've had to do this 4 times and it never gets easier.

The question I always asked myself was whether the pain of their death was worth the years of companionship and unconditional love and the answer was always yes.

Heartfelt condolences.

• Options
    I've been through this a few times myself with pets. Even though you know you're doing the right thing, it's never easy.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I mos def know how you feel. Few years ago I had to have my dog put to sleep due to stomach cancer. I got the news while J@k# was in town and over M@z@ diggin through his basement I had to leave that spot and go and boo hoo like a new born fuckn baby.,,,,

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I still miss my old dogs who have passed. Sorry for your loss RAJ. Like Rock said, the joy they bring always makes having them worthwhile.

• Really sorry to hear this, putting my dog down broke my heart. Keep your head up and think about the good times, he's not feeling any pain anymore.

• RAJ said:
    I had to put my best friend Miles down today. This is the saddest thing I've ever had to do. Rest in peace little dude.

this shit aint easy at all. i had to do the same thing a few months back with my cat except i wasnt even in town to say a proper goodbye. i had to give the ok over the phone and sign and fax some shit to them.

i still walk around my house half expecting her to turn up if i hear a noise or something. 19 years (or however many its for anyone with a pet) is hard to break from the subconscious.

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    Sorry for your loss Raj. Its the worst feeling in the world. I had to have my dog put to sleep a couple of years ago due to mouth cancer.

And I just lost my other dog, Max, on Wednesday due to kidney failure. It came out of nowhere. He died right in my arms.

Miss you buddy.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    cookbook said:

sorry for your loss RAJ, i know the feeling all too well.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I've gone through this numerous times and it never gets any easier. When you think about it you're not buying a pet , you're buying a small tragedy. It sucks when kids are involved too!

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Sorry to hear that, Raj. Shit sucks.

• Options
    Perk up Raj, out of death comes new life...and that's the way it is. I hope you feel better soon.

Life ain't about what you get dealt, but what you do with it.

Here maybe this drummer joke will make you feel better:
    "what is brown and sticky?"

...a stick.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    sorry to hear about your loss, raj. anna and i went thru the same thing a few years back.

nettie.

it might be hard to think about right now, but getting a new dog from the pound really helps out.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    RAJ, definitely hurting for you. Putting my last dog down was without question the hardest thing I've ever done. I remember carrying her home from our last walk and having my mom tell me tearfully "you were her best friend." It sent me into a tailspin for the next couple of days.

I have to agree with what everyone's already said. Keep the good times in mind and know that he/she is in a better place and at peace. Sincere condolences.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Raj,

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your best friend. It will be a sad day indeed when my little (Silky Terrier) girl passes on. May your buddy rest in eternal peace.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Miles was a SS OG for real... I am sorry to hear of his passing...

My father currently has Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) and for the last four years his dog Sampson, a rottweiler, was his constant companion as my dad is retired. Sampson injured himself after getting something from the vet that gave him alot of energy. Sampson broke a leg tendon that made it impossible for him to walk. My dad sent Sampson with my brother to the vet to be euthanized. I have never seen my dad so hurt about anything the way he is hurt about not having his dog. He called me at work and was sobbing so hard I didnt know it was him. My youngest son gave my dad his stuffed rottweiler toy that he named Sampson and my dad was very touched. I never really had pets in my life so I cant really relate... but sometimes I want to kill this cat that my wife brung home.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I had to have my cat put down. It was the fucking hardest thing i've ever had to do.
    My best friends parents just lost their dog. In both cases we had the pet for some fifteen years.
    All you can do is remember the good times.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Raystar said:
    I never really had pets in my life so I cant really relate...

Without equating animals with children, pet owners are a bit like parents only they follow their pets not just from the start but right up to the end too. I know a woman who couldn't have children and took to having dogs. When she loses her dog, it's a major emotional deal for her - she's lost her child.