Power / Peter Pan Records - am i the only dork that still buys these?

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
just bought this one today

what are some weird ones you've seen?

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    apparently not:
    http://powerrecord.blogspot.com/

reading the comments makes me cringe

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I buy any & all I find and constantly use them!

• Options
    Yup, I buy each one I find in good condition.

Most recent one is on Kid Stuff:

Strawberry Shortcake's - I Love You

"...a sweet song-filled love letter..."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Kojack.

I mostly stopped buying them, because I have a hard times selling them. Hard to pass up when I find them sealed.

That Holo-man looks cool, never seen that.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I need that Green Lantern joint.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Kojack.

I had a couple of boxes of sealed Kojaks years ago. I was getting $25 a pop for them for a while, but eventually it went down to $5.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Hell Yeah I do. The Six Million Dollar Man joint with him attacking someone with a football on the cover is in heavy rotation.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Kojack.

I had a couple of boxes of sealed Kojaks years ago. I was getting $25 a pop for them for a while, but eventually it went down to $5.

Crocka!!!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Sunfade said:
    Hell Yeah I do. The Six Million Dollar Man joint with him attacking someone with a football on the cover is in heavy rotation.

I just found that 1 about 3 weeks ago, great dialog for mixes!!

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    yeah i buy these all the time....great for anything and eveything...

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Now that I have a kid I regret passing up so many kids records.

On a different note, Holo man looks like the inspiration for the ambiguously gay duo.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i have piles of power records and kids records in general. Superhero, Peanuts, Disney, Sesame Street etc i love them all and its to the point where im upgrading vg++'s to NMs like Reynaldo does latin.

never saw that HoloMan!!!! Not at home right now but i know i have several power LPs and 45s that ive only ever seen when i bought them.

some of the toughest cartoon/comic stuff IMO would be the marvel flexis from the 60s. it took me a looong time to find these, and i had to get them from crusty comic dealers.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    karlophone said:
    i have piles of power records and kids records in general. Superhero, Peanuts, Disney, Sesame Street etc i love them all and its to the point where im upgrading vg++'s to NMs like Reynaldo does latin.

never saw that HoloMan!!!! Not at home right now but i know i have several power LPs and 45s that ive only ever seen when i bought them.

some of the toughest cartoon/comic stuff IMO would be the marvel flexis from the 60s. it took me a looong time to find these, and i had to get them from crusty comic dealers.

Plastic Flexi, or cardboard?
    I have/had lots of cardboard records, but no Marvel ones.
    For some reason a lot of 1960/70s dolls (like Barbie) made cardboard records.
    For some reason I have lots of them.
    One (Swingy!) has breaks.

I pick up mostly the Hanna Barbar ones. Top Cat is a favorite, but it doesn't have the theme song.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    karlophone said:

Plastic Flexi, or cardboard?
    I have/had lots of cardboard records, but no Marvel ones.
    For some reason a lot of 1960/70s dolls (like Barbie) made cardboard records.
    For some reason I have lots of them.
    One (Swingy!) has breaks.

I pick up mostly the Hanna Barbar ones. Top Cat is a favorite, but it doesn't have the theme song.

the marvels were mail away flexis in paper sleeves. very fragile, very hard to find clean today.

yeah i too have a lot of those cut out cardboard records from the back of cereal boxes etc. Jackson 5, Archies, Bobby Sherman, and other weird toy promotions.

yeah i LOVE that HBR stuff, especially the old painted cover series. those are works of art!