Bands whose entire catalog you'd like to see wiped from the planet

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
Squeeze. If I hear them I actually become sad and irritable. They are the worst shit ever.

Comments

• Options
    Possum Tom said:
    Squeeze. If I hear them I actually become sad and irritable. They are the worst shit ever.

Dude, no way! "Tempted" is my jam. I'd be sad if I couldn't hear that song on the radio ever again. :- (

• If I could wipe Robert Plant's voice from reality I could finally truly enjoy Led Zeppelin. Sorry.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Billy Joel, if he counts as a band.

Styx

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    the big ones are U2 or the Doors & then probably a million other lesser known acts....

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Ace of Base, The Beach Boys

• Options
    Breez said:
    The Beach Boys

Oh hell yes.

PelvicDust said:
    Breez said:
    The Beach Boys

Oh hell yes.
    I could not get by without their early surfing/hot rod stuff, i ride for that, classic good time songs.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

oh hell yes, FYC get the nix, also Style Council.......

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    off the top of my head
    the verve (mainly because the lead singer is such a douche)
    oasis(as above)
    matchbox 20
    coldplay
    frenzal rhomb (australian band)
    grinspoon

• There are already more bad looks on this thread than a mob of blind people wearing fanny packs.

• Options
    holmes said:
    PelvicDust said:
    Breez said:
    The Beach Boys

Oh hell yes.
    I could not get by without their early surfing/hot rod stuff, i ride for that, classic good time songs.

Does that include "Surfin USA," the song they stole from Chuck Berry?

• Options
    lamprey eel said:
    Possum Tom said:

Dude, no way! "Tempted" is my jam. I'd be sad if I couldn't hear that song on the radio ever again. :- (

I lived over a band's practice space one year in the 80s and they were trying to master "Pulling Mussels From The Shell."

I never want to hear that song again. Fuck William Tell, too.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    street_muzik said:
    There are already more bad looks on this thread than a mob of blind people wearing fanny packs.

Seriously.

• Options
    PelvicDust said:
    Breez said:
    The Beach Boys

Oh hell yes.

They truly are America's band (Stars and Stripes and the Beach Boys forever!), so it is no wonder why you don't like them.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    Coldplay
    Maroon 5
    Faithless

• Options
    lamprey eel said:
    PelvicDust said:
    Breez said:
    The Beach Boys

Oh hell yes.

They truly are America's band (Stars and Stripes and the Beach Boys forever!), so it is no wonder why you don't like them.

It's actually the testosterone-free singing that skeeves me.

• Options
    PelvicDust said:
    lamprey eel said:
    Possum Tom said:

I lived over a band's practice space one year in the 80s and they were trying to master "Pulling Mussels From The Shell."

I never want to hear that song again. Fuck William Tell, too.

You? Living over a garage? Just like the Fonz? Classic!

I can only imagine what your level of outrage would have been like had they been trying to learn "Cool For Cats." :lol:

• holmes said:
    The Doors
    you dont even like the first album? I could understand anything after that, but not the first one.

• Options
    PelvicDust said:
    lamprey eel said:
    PelvicDust said:
    Breez said:
    The Beach Boys

Oh hell yes.

It's actually the testosterone-free singing that skeeves me.

Perhaps they should have enlisted Eric Burdon then?

• Options
    bobtheorange said:
    holmes said:
    The Doors
    you dont even like the first album? I could understand anything after that, but not the first one.

I couldn't understand not liking the second album if you like the first one.

• lamprey eel said:
    bobtheorange said:
    holmes said:
    The Doors

I'll have take a relisten, but I never really liked any of the other albums(except for a few tracks here and there). not enough organ I guess.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    ughh these r the threads that make me question my SS membership. do i really belong here?
    bunch of whiny elitists.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    jaymack said:
    ughh these r the threads that make me question my SS membership. do i really belong here?
    bunch of whiny elitists.

dude, if not liking SQUEEZE makes me an elitist, bring on the gold fringe and light my pipe.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    ehhh...i only know one song by them, so i can take em or leave em. i think elitist was the wrong word to use and i was a little extreme. but billy joel and the beach boys? guess its personal opinions.

• Options
    Possum Tom said:
    jaymack said:
    bunch of whiny elitists.

dude, if not liking SQUEEZE makes me an elitist, bring on the gold fringe and light my pipe.

Yer supposed to like everything like the common people do, guv'nor!

Or something.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Wiping Pet Sounds and Smiley Smile off the planet? Insanity! The Doors are also needed for future viewings of Apocalypse Now.

PelvicDust said:
    holmes said:
    PelvicDust said:
    Breez said:
    The Beach Boys

Oh hell yes.

yes, it's a great song.

bobtheorange said:
    lamprey eel said:
    bobtheorange said:
    holmes said:
    The Doors

I'll have take a relisten, but I never really liked any of the other albums(except for a few tracks here and there). not enough organ I guess.
    The Doors = 4th rate poetry over a 3rd rate rock band. I have tried & can't get down.

Also, cosign on Oasis, can't stand that band.

• Options
    holmes said:
    PelvicDust said:
    holmes said:
    PelvicDust said:
    Breez said:
    The Beach Boys

Oh hell yes.

yes, it's a great song.

Chuck's song is great, The Bitch Boys version is just a soundtrack for a car commercial.