OFF TRACK VOL 3/ KON & AMIR

RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
For those who care, the 3rd installment of Off Track will be out April 26th. 2x cd 2x vinyl...My side is a warm summery vibe ranging from modern soul to disco...Amirs is for the most part African disco.Below is a link featuring a remix I did of L.A. based artist Donny McCollough "From the Heart"I had the fortune of getting the actual MULTI TRACK session.... for those familiar with Donnys lp, youll know there was never a drum break on this jam... which kicks off the remix...and sonically this shit BUMPS. Donny ran with Rose Royce and is still very active in the L.A. music scene. A real pleasure of mine to have another artist hand over multis and let me put my touch on their music.. just on the strength.This may be the strongest in the series yet.... shouts to my dudes Aliet, and Disco Tom... for helping to get directly in touch with a few of the artists featured on my mix. One of my favorite djs and all around good dude, Cosmo Baker has given this the co-sign already !http://www.thefader.com/2010/04/01/georg...off-the-tracks/

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Are you planning on having any pre-orders for this release?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It's true... It's pretty awesome

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I care.

• PepesoLPepesoL 67 Posts

Great selection, as always guys.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Thank you for the remix! That track is incredible!

• Definitely looking forward to picking this up!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Got a preview of this and must say that I like it. I like it a lot. Definitely recommended.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    That remix is tuff. This is going on the "must cop" list.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I care.

Looking forward to this.

I was bummed when I found a album copy of Vol.2, only to find out
    that the Angelo Tinsley cut was not on the album version only on the CD.
    The selection was still too deep to dislike though.

• Options
    I care.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    The McCollough joint is straight fire.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    ready for this. that cut is killer

• I copped the first two volumes in physical form only to find there were plenty more tracks on the digital releases.

What's the deal this time round?

• it is essentially the same this way around as well...kinda how bbe and other labels are doing it these days. thx to everyone for the love....really appreciate it!

amir

• Thanks for caring, and glad yall like the remix.
    Knowing this would be released around the warmer months... I tried to keep that vision in mind regarding vibe and selection.
    Feel good music.
    Sadly, the vinyl has been cut to just two sides.
    The Donny remix is slated to be released on 500 limited press 10" via carhartt europe.

BBE does alternate tracks so the consumer may end up buying both.
    Either way you can dl any of the tracks digitally.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    That remix is GREAT.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    That remix is GREAT.

listened 4 times in a row last night. need to resuscitate that "last track played on repeat" thread...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Definitely looking forward to picking this up!

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    That remix is GREAT.

listened 4 times in a row last night. need to resuscitate that "last track played on repeat" thread...

Anyone have a clip of the original? Would like to listen back-to-back and compare.

• Thanks for this! Can definitely see some summerdresses swirling and some fellas clapping to this in the summer nights to come!

• Look forward to the whole thing

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    will be boughted

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

The Donny remix is slated to be released on 500 limited press 10" via carhartt europe.

Presumably this'll be in Carhartt stores? Would really appreciate an early heads-up on this if at all possible.

They're doing quite a bit of this kind of thing now - they just did a tie-in for a new Souls of Mischief album when they toured Europe a month or so back.

• RAW_HAMBURGER said:

Did this ever come out?

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Yes i would like to know too.
    Was trawling the carhartt site for a while and never saw a mention of this.

• where can i get this?

• dopeshit said:

where can i get this?

I want one too!