Unbelievable digs that you DID pick up that deserve to be bragged about.

2»

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I've dug up 3 copies of East Of Underground.......the first one was at the ARC Show about 3 years ago for ten bucks....the last two on a recent road trip for 5 bucks each.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    high_c said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Sealed james mason,

Curious if you kept this - Doesn't seem like a Hook_up record.

also found an unsealed one as well at the same spot, but not at the same time...sold all of those finds, none of them were really my style(I opened and listened to one of the Conwells, always been a fan of "you got to have money" but the pressing was really quiet...thought about keepin the Weldon, but japan man offered me 8 bills for it, so I let it go

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Get that money!

Last year I found an unplayed Messenger Incorporated LP for a buck (as seen in that other "didn't pick up" thread).

Last weekend I found Kenny & the Kasuals Journey to Tyme 45 on Mark Ltd for fiddy cent. Obviously not as heart-stopping as the above find but definitely cool to find at Half Price Books where these days you'd think they'd know better.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    high_c said:
    Get that money!

Last year I found an unplayed Messenger Incorporated LP for a buck (as seen in that other "didn't pick up" thread).

Last weekend I found Kenny & the Kasuals Journey to Tyme 45 on Mark Ltd for fiddy cent. Obviously not as heart-stopping as the above find but definitely cool to find at Half Price Books where these days you'd think they'd know better.

I miss HPB...the older Arlington loc always did me well..as well as the one by Ridgmar Mall in the Fort

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Would love to hear about some of Supreme's finds like this.

Know Kon has some interesting stories as well, as does Amir.

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    There was a used book/record wharehouse me and my girl would hit every week several years ago, we got tons of great stuff for a buck over the years. One morning I hit a row that had roughly a hundred u.s/u.k psych lps all mint/promo's-all the pete brown and battered ornaments stuff, lots of nice west coast psych etc.. Anyway the last weekend the wharehouse was open they put out 20,000 lps, 15 pallets full. It was incredible. Found alot of bands complete catologues like the sylvers etc. The real deal was finding the cover for the rising storm lp with no record inside. We searched for several hours looking for it with no luck.

We go back the next day and keep looking, a couple hours in my girl is literally standing in a pallet and pulls the record out. It was sum needle in the haystack shit but we got it.. Those were the days..

• ben & platano Lp mint 1 euro
    G.Arvanitas Soul Jazz 10 euros
    Singer/gilson Soul of africa mint 1 euro
    Gainsbourg manon 70 1 euro
    Preston love cissy popcorn 1 euro
    The Action french EP mint 1 euro
    JM Jarre la cage mint 1 euro
    Nathan Davis Peace treaty mint 1 euro
    Nathan Davis Happy Girl mint 1 euro
    Nathan Davis on Edicio mint 1 euro
    norman haines band french LP mint 3 euro
    Derboukas Camel bossa 5 euros
    100% pure poison 3 euros
    Placebo 3rd album 3 euros
    Marc Moulin Sam Suffy 10 euros
    Manu Dibango african voodoo 10 euros
    sahib Shihab Seeds 1 euro
    Serge Gainsbourg Anna LP mint 1 euro
    Serge Gainsbourg 10" MONO with guns and flowers mint 1 euro
    Steve lacy acetate that sold for 800$ 1 euro
    Freesound philopsis 10 euros
    rob jo star band mint 10 euros
    both volume of lesiman here and now 10 euros
    Christie Laume rouge rouge 15 euros
    Les Papyvores EP 8 euros
    A.Bitzos Konkrete poetry LP 1 euro

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    axefoley said:
    Those were the days..

Because you were finding tons of records or because you had a gf that helped you dig?

Still got the girl-don't have the wharehouse full of dollar records

axefoley said:

Now that I think of it I could make a list of dollar bin miracles she pulled over the years..she got that spider sense/karma thing going on I guess.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    deleted

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    axefoley said:
    axefoley said:

Now that I think of it I could make a list of dollar bin miracles she pulled over the years..she got that spider sense/karma thing going on I guess.

How about the time she pulled that Danser's Inferno?

:face_melt:

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Over the years some killer socres have been

Cheryl Lynn- Gots to be real 12 for 25cents Mint
    Nico Gomez-Ritual for free from my aunties crates
    Dbl copies of Kraftwerk T.E.E Mint for $1 each back in the early 90s...not rare but dope never the less.
    Chairman of the board NM for $3 at Parra Record fair
    Grandmaster DST Crazy Cuts 12 on Celluloid for 25 cents

• East of Underground for $2. at nearby Goodwill

Kashmere Stage Band Plays Originals(in shrink) for $1 at nearby Salvation Army

(2) Penny Goodwin Portrait of a Gemini (in shrink) back to back at Wear and Share Thrift Store for $2.

(2) Soul Messengers Inc. found in different fleamarkets in the same town(unfortunately both found and sold years before the prices soared)

(2) Fisher lp's on Nentu bought out of a guys house for $14.

James Polk & The Brothers- Power Struggle at a thrift store for a dime

Honey Bees northern 45 on Garrison bought for a quarter at Salvation Army, sold for $1800+

Worst Miss: Seeing like seven sealed copies of Ernie Hines lp on We Produce at a flea market and buying just one!

• detroitemeralds said:
    East of Underground for $2. at nearby Goodwill

(2) Penny Goodwin Portrait of a Gemini (in shrink) back to back at Wear and Share Thrift Store for $2.

(2) Soul Messengers Inc. found in different fleamarkets in the same town(unfortunately both found and sold years before the prices soared)

Honey Bees northern 45 on Garrison bought for a quarter at Salvation Army, sold for $1800+

Worst Miss: Seeing like seven sealed copies of Ernie Hines lp on We Produce at a flea market and buying just one!

holy shit...was this all in the same town?? TX? how long ago did you pull the EoU?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Pistol_Pete said:
    detroitemeralds said:

holy shit...was this all in the same town?? TX? how long ago did you pull the EoU?

Ya I was about to ask where the hell you live as well.

Not to toot the ol horn too much, but http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/66173/ -- as it just happened.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I just pulled this out to play while I'm boxing up some records and realized this was a $1 find. Found it at the Goodwill by my house last year, MINTY as hell.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts

received this today, NM OG Venezuelan Press of the bay for 1??? + 2,50 Shipping, seller actually paid 4,10??? for shipping, so that was a nice steal...

• Just bought a mint promo of first Chocolate Watch Band record for $10. When I used to live in Indianapolis I would find a Highlighters Band record almost every 2-3 weeks during the prime digging season. I doubt I ever paid more than $1. Wooden Glass sealed for $10. I could go on and on for days.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    robert_murt said:
    ben & platano Lp mint 1 euro
    G.Arvanitas Soul Jazz 10 euros
    Singer/gilson Soul of africa mint 1 euro
    Gainsbourg manon 70 1 euro
    Preston love cissy popcorn 1 euro
    The Action french EP mint 1 euro
    JM Jarre la cage mint 1 euro
    Nathan Davis Peace treaty mint 1 euro
    Nathan Davis Happy Girl mint 1 euro
    Nathan Davis on Edicio mint 1 euro
    norman haines band french LP mint 3 euro
    Derboukas Camel bossa 5 euros
    100% pure poison 3 euros
    Placebo 3rd album 3 euros
    Marc Moulin Sam Suffy 10 euros
    Manu Dibango african voodoo 10 euros
    sahib Shihab Seeds 1 euro
    Serge Gainsbourg Anna LP mint 1 euro
    Serge Gainsbourg 10" MONO with guns and flowers mint 1 euro
    Steve lacy acetate that sold for 800$ 1 euro
    Freesound philopsis 10 euros
    rob jo star band mint 10 euros
    both volume of lesiman here and now 10 euros
    Christie Laume rouge rouge 15 euros
    Les Papyvores EP 8 euros
    A.Bitzos Konkrete poetry LP 1 euro

if that's true, the prices on frenchattack are plain greedy ;)

j/k

• detroitemeralds - 31 August 2010 04:32 AM

(2) Fisher lp???s on Nentu bought out of a guys house for $14.

holy shit???was this all in the same town?? TX? how long ago did you pull the EoU?

Most of these came out of Arkansas, except for the 2 Messengers Inc. which were found in OK. East of Underground found back in like 2000 or so, and promptly sold to Dante. If it hadn't been for his mixtape I wouldn't have known what the hell it was.

A few more finds from times past, from the Sooner State: Carlos Franzetti- Grafitti, and Maceo's lp on HOF, in the same bin at a flea market for $5 each, and Billy Brooks lp on Crossover at a shop for $2.

• Frank Cunimondo Introducing Lynn Marino, Eddie Cano Brought Back Live From PJs , Johnny Harris' Movements , Reggae in Jazz by Tommy McCook and Heart of the Congos on GoFeet . Not seismic but all from the same flea market on the same morning a couple of years ago for ??6.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Just picked up the s/t ESG ep in shrink for $1 this weekend at a thrift. One of the very few finds at five stops, but worth it.