COSMO RANT ON FACEBOOK!

Comments

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    cos do you want to know how you can make $3300 a week from the comfort of your living room?
    ask me about discount percoset without a prescription
    i am stranded in nigeria and my wallet has been stolen, can you send money?
    and don't forget my birthday. i am gonna party my ass off and you and 4000 other people are invited to party with me, but i am not going to show up, i would actually never go to a party like this one.
    also in honor of the haitian earthquake we are selling cheeseburgers for just $18, .00000002 % of the profits will go to charity so come on down!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    DOR said:
    Happy Birthed day Bev!!!

Facebook is good for reminding me peoples bdays...

actually, this is one good thing. it's how i remembered Odub's birthday, and obviously how you found out mind.... shhhh.... now the hax0rz will know my born day!

p.s. i added you to my "other" account...

• Cosmo said:
    Damn cross-platform pollination like a motherfucker hahah... Whattup Bev!

And I'm just saying, not saying but just saying, shit is kind of buck right now. And yeah, we're all in the trap. A dude like me, it's imperative that we play the game as it's an integral part of the self-promotions aspect of our job. But still, shit is dumb and annoying. Not like I'm gonna cancel my Facebook page cause of this, but still...

Also at the end of the day fuck it I guess in 2010 I'm kind of a dude who's in the public eye so I accept the good with the bad and all that but I just wish there was more of a balance. Like cool people tag me up when they get a flick with me at a show, that's cool. But like I got mad family on my Facebook and like a couple years ago my wife's mom's cousin tagged me up in some family Thanksgiving flicks and like yo son, I really don't care for having people I don't know from a can of paint looking at pictures of me and my fam like that. So I un-tag them.

As for Twitter, well just don't read or don't follow people who don't entertain you. I've found Twitter to be a lot more useful that Facebook but if it's some shit that doesn't pertain to me I just keep it moving. Much like the premise on Soulstrut that if you don't care nor have an opinion about a particular thread, why bitch about it? K.I.M.

Step up your list game, mang!

you can set up lists within your "friends" and set them so that only certain lists can see certain content--you can even block certain individual users from seeing specific content. it's actually pretty powerful and customizable, and would probably take care of a lot of those problems of Bob the Stalker checking out pics of you and the fam.

Check this for creating lists: http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=768, make a family list, real friends list, and random fans list, then you can go to Account -- Privacy Settings -- Custom -- Customize Settings -- set it so that only family and real friends can view photos you're tagged in.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Son, all my shit is set to private.

• Cosmo said:
    But like I got mad family on my Facebook and like a couple years ago my wife's mom's cousin tagged me up in some family Thanksgiving flicks and like yo son, I really don't care for having people I don't know from a can of paint looking at pictures of me and my fam like that. So I un-tag them.

just saying. if this ^^ is a problem, you're doing something wrong.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Facebook was great when my wife and I had a baby in July. I was able to upload pics right away and get news out to my whole family without having to call and email everyone. That said, the only people that give a shit about being friends with me on Facebook are my actual friends. I am sure I would feel different if 100's of random people who saw me dj were checking my page. Plus, I hide all that farmville bullshit and ignore most invites anyway.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i had to tell my 30 year old sister that maybe it wasnt a good idea for her to post all kinds of drunk beach pictures.
    discretion is dead!

facebook=fartcloset

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    i had to tell my 30 year old sister that maybe it wasnt a good idea for her to post all kinds of drunk beach pictures.
    discretion is dead!

facebook=fartcloset
    I'm really wondering if in the future shit like that will just be an accepted norm or if everyone who ever posted dumb pictures of themselves online will get blacklisted from getting a job.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I'm just glad that my 20th HS reunion happened in 2005 before Faceypage became really popular, because then it was genuinely a surprise to see everyone, where as now, I'm faceypage friends with all of them so I know what they're up to anyways.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    my 20th HS reunion happened in 2005 before
    u old

you know what, im not going there.

Brian said:
    sabadabada said:
    u old

you old. she pregnant. can't have a bunch of old pregnant bitches runnin around. your old ass should know better than that.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    Brian said:
    sabadabada said:
    u old

you old. she pregnant. can't have a bunch of old pregnant bitches runnin around. your old ass should know better than that.

Great scene.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    If you have a personal page on Facebook, you need to be using this.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Well I guess I've realized that the main issue is that my personal page has pretty much become a fan page, and the fan page I've established is completely neglected. So I guess I'm shit out of luck really.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    and the fan page I've established is completely neglected.

i check the cosmobaker page daily specially tuesdays! speaking of, that pretty purdie ghostnotes read/video, was the shit!

Sixpacks, Shotgun & Serato...and no halifax show...:(

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I don't look at my FB messages unless I recognize a name. I don't even look at invites. If someone wants me at their babyshower, they'll call. Click delete all messages every 6 months. Easy.

FB is a great FREE resource that millions take advantage of. If you don't like the fact that FB keeps the site running with relatively few glitches, you can cancel your free account. It's not the web that's annoying, it is the people you allowed to access your page who send Vampire and Farmville invites.

Almond said:
    Click delete all messages every 6 months. Easy.

They need a "delete all invites" option.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    absolutely.

while we're doing online wishlists: Youtube needs a search option that allows you to eliminate live versions from search results. the *actual song* (as in studio version) I'm looking for is often on the third or fourth page of results (after a hundred iphone live videos)...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    Cosmo said:
    and the fan page I've established is completely neglected.

i check the cosmobaker page daily specially tuesdays! speaking of, that pretty purdie ghostnotes read/video, was the shit!

Sixpacks, Shotgun & Serato...and no halifax show...:(

Word that's my website, not my Facebook. Thanks though, and sorry no Halifax show but it just couldn't get routed in the timeframe we had.

This is my Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cosmo-Baker/23000117708

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Almond said:
    I don't look at my FB messages unless I recognize a name. I don't even look at invites. If someone wants me at their babyshower, they'll call. Click delete all messages every 6 months. Easy.

FB is a great FREE resource that millions take advantage of. If you don't like the fact that FB keeps the site running with relatively few glitches, you can cancel your free account. It's not the web that's annoying, it is the people you allowed to access your page who send Vampire and Farmville invites.

You sound like you need a reading comprehension class.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Almond said:

Yeah that or a "Do not receive invites" opt-in.

Cosmo said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    Almond said:

Yeah that or a "Do not receive invites" opt-in.

YES!

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i used to be a twitter hater, on some "why would i want to see facebook style status updates with nothing else". i finally caved, and if you use it right, its great. its pretty much a personalized magazine. i follow people that are involved with things i'm in to, and i get instant news from them and/or links to articles. pretty useful. i can quickly realize when someone is going to be jamming twitter up with retarded updates, and i quickly D.E.L.E.T.E. those peeps.

• thrope said:
    i used to be a twitter hater, on some "why would i want to see facebook style status updates with nothing else". i finally caved, and if you use it right, its great. its pretty much a personalized magazine. i follow people that are involved with things i'm in to, and i get instant news from them and/or links to articles. pretty useful. i can quickly realize when someone is going to be jamming twitter up with retarded updates, and i quickly D.E.L.E.T.E. those peeps.

you sound white.

http://www.slate.com/id/2263462/

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2010/08/16/129235517/how-black-people-may-or-may-not-use-twitter

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I like facebook. I dont care much about my personal privacy either. I mean...i dont want people hacking my bank account...but other than that, i dunno...cant really be that bothered about it.

I think younger people feel the same way.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I like facebook. I dont care much about my personal privacy either. I mean...i dont want people hacking my bank account...but other than that, i dunno...cant really be that bothered about it.

I think younger people feel the same way.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I was over it when it was Friendster and nobody was down.

now, I'm somehow the Unabomber because I don't have a twitter? Crazy.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I met my girl thru Facebook..... so I cant hate on it....