COSMO RANT ON FACEBOOK!

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
"And ANOTHER thing - son, you a grown man. Fuck you doing wasting your time on some "the magical pixie bought you a margarita - share this with your friends" shit. I dunno, maybe it's just me."

BAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Comments

• please to post said rant in its entirety.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    haha I have a policy of immediately defriending anyone from whom I receive one of those.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Cosmo pretty much said everything I wish to say about FACEBOOK.

Right on brother!

Facebook - please stop sucking. I get probably 50 messages a day, none of which are anything except party invites or weird other invites to shit that I don't even know what it is. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the aspect of being able to invite friends of yours to parties via Facebook, and I do it every so often myself. But some of this shit is relentless.

And the worst part about it is motherfuckers don't even take the time to see that if you're having a party in New York you DON'T invite your friends in Chicago or Helsinki. Get your shit together. And the wild shit is I'm getting weird rave invites from people that aren't even my "friends"

And that is the messaging side, not even the straight invite shit. Shit is fucking a waste of time. I swear to god the fun has been sucked out of Facebook when 80% of the time you're on here is fucking MAINTENANCE, replying "no" to invites and groups that are like "Join my fucking double rainbow Carebear farm group." Seriously...

And ANOTHER thing - son, you a grown man. Fuck you doing wasting your time on some "the magical pixie bought you a margarita - share this with your friends" shit. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

But for real, the invites and shit is bonkers. Yo, I don't even fucking know half you people come on now...

And I swear, I got over 4600+ "friends" I'm about to start rolling through that shit making the cut soon, yo.

And for real I'm not trying to be a dick but there are people who add me and they don't really know me. I'm super appreciative that people support me and are fans of me and like what I do, but you got to keep the distinction between roles, know what I mean?

I do have a fan page dude. Nobody wants to go there they would rather friend me here

re: facebook, my block list is about 8 pages long. I pretty much cold blanket block anyone involved in the music industry I don't know on a first name basis or have a phone number for in this country... anyone who adds me, and I don't recognize their name or photo, gets the instant "block this user". i don't use my real name or info on there... people are getting sucked into big brother mode too quick without knowin'....

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I have phone numbers in my phone prolly for close to all my US "friends." Or at the very least their real e-mail addresses in my e-mail account. Overseas folks I may not have actual current phone numbers for. But I don't think I have a single "friend" whom I've never actually met. That shit is just weird.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    ^^ QFE on that....if people dont know me in anyways what so every they get blocked, because i was a friend of someone you new in highschool doesnt make us friends....

they gets the bozack!

I mean, with someones first name, you can find out the following in some cases;

date of birth
    family members, with full names and profiles
    work history
    workplace
    education history
    photos of where they go out
    what they do
    their friends
    as well as where they will be this weekend, last weekend, etc.

what people don't realize is not only is it this information that is delicate, it is the information connected to each of those sub-divisions... like family, work, etc.

people are trippin. I'm watching a few people act up on there... it's funny to see....

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    "Spirits that I've cited/ My commands ignore"

disco_che said:
    "Spirits that I've cited/ My commands ignore"

what?

djsheep said:

people are trippin.

and unfortunately, it'll be to late before they realize there are slipping into the future, people leaving their home phone numbers and addresses, kids leaving cell info and other personal info about themselves, people posting half naked pics of themselves, facebook has turned into a huge parasite and sooner or later it will be like the plague...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Facebook = MySpace without the blingy graphics

On the plus side, I can use it to play Scrabble with out-of-town friends.

DJ_Enki said:

absolutely not. facebook is way more of a big brother than myspace could ever dream of...

djsheep said:
    DJ_Enki said:

absolutely not. facebook is way more of a big brother than myspace could ever dream of...

Truedat...I was merely talking about how it is utterly choked with annoying promo shit and other useless detritus.

DJ_Enki said:
    djsheep said:
    DJ_Enki said:

Truedat...I was merely talking about how it is utterly choked with annoying promo shit and other useless detritus.

twitters the worst. so many DJs and rappers I once respected. Especially cats in LA and SF, all that shit went out the window after reading their twitter feeds... trying to pick up chicks with complete FAIL, constant Narcissism, attitude... "oh, I'm here with B-Real eating a burrito". "At the Large Professor show, he's doing Live @ The BBQ".

fuck outta here with that schitt. turn off your mutherfuckin' phone dickhead.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Tell it Cosmo....talk about the Wussification Of America!!!!!!!

When I first joined Facebook I was contacted by an old buddy from back in the day.

This dude was a hard core biker, his brother was a member of the Pagans M/C and my pal was a bad ass to say the least.

But this Facebook shit has him sending me "Smiley Faces" and friggin invitations to drink some "fu-fu" virtual margarita.

WTF!!!!

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Did you all expect Facebook to be any different? You must've known it was going to come to this bullshit sooner or later.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

D.I.E.

djsheep said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    djsheep said:
    DJ_Enki said:

twitters the worst. so many DJs and rappers I once respected. Especially cats in LA and SF, all that shit went out the window after reading their twitter feeds... trying to pick up chicks with complete FAIL, constant Narcissism, attitude... "oh, I'm here with B-Real eating a burrito". "At the Large Professor show, he's doing Live @ The BBQ".

fuck outta here with that schitt. turn off your mutherfuckin' phone dickhead.

I absolutely refuse to play the Twitter game. Fuck. That.

i thought facebook was cool at the get-go, but when ex's from 20 years ago start contacting you on some "hey! what have you been up to"....seriously? what have i been up to, damn its been 20 years girl and i left you for a reason...lol...

i keep my contact list small and prefer it like that.....my lil 13 yr old niece has over 700 contacts and that is some vile schitt, its all about ego and who has the most people on their lists with kids today, most adding people they dont even know, cant tell that to her though....she dont even know that many people....or have the ability to call em friends..

kids!

• Dudes hating on Twitter sound real 2007 right now.

I mean, you don't have to use it like "I'm eating a burrito!" or follow people that do. I do not get any tweets that are akin to "I am at Shake Shack and I just saw Jude Law." Maybe that's your friends or some shit. Nobody is forcing you to read Rev Run re-tweets.

• Facebook is a rest haven for far more egregious bullshit.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The Facebook Fan pages is what really keeps me on Facebook. It's a great place to keep people in the know about the Strut and keep up with other things and artists.

The social aspect has lost its luster a while ago. I remember being on in 2008 and catching up with a lot of people... there was A LOT of interaction. Now.... nobody gives a rip.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Damn, this just made me look and I have a friends request from Sheep. Do I accept only to get blocked???

I liked to add Cosmo as well, but I guess reading his blog spot is interesting enough.

DOR said:
    Damn, this just made me look and I have a friends request from Sheep. Do I accept only to get blocked???

I liked to add Cosmo as well, but I guess reading his blog spot is interesting enough.

yes

• I've found that I'd rather have Strutters on my facebook- for news on gigs/shows/releases and the occasional youtube video of a record- than my "friends," who mostly do annoying crap and who I block with a QUICKNESS.

Further, there is zero reason I am "friends," with my wife. That is the dumbest one to me...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    djsheep said:
    DOR said:

yes

DONE!

Edit:

Happy Birthed day Bev!!!

Facebook is good for reminding me peoples bdays...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Damn cross-platform pollination like a motherfucker hahah... Whattup Bev!

And I'm just saying, not saying but just saying, shit is kind of buck right now. And yeah, we're all in the trap. A dude like me, it's imperative that we play the game as it's an integral part of the self-promotions aspect of our job. But still, shit is dumb and annoying. Not like I'm gonna cancel my Facebook page cause of this, but still...

Also at the end of the day fuck it I guess in 2010 I'm kind of a dude who's in the public eye so I accept the good with the bad and all that but I just wish there was more of a balance. Like cool people tag me up when they get a flick with me at a show, that's cool. But like I got mad family on my Facebook and like a couple years ago my wife's mom's cousin tagged me up in some family Thanksgiving flicks and like yo son, I really don't care for having people I don't know from a can of paint looking at pictures of me and my fam like that. So I un-tag them.

As for Twitter, well just don't read or don't follow people who don't entertain you. I've found Twitter to be a lot more useful that Facebook but if it's some shit that doesn't pertain to me I just keep it moving. Much like the premise on Soulstrut that if you don't care nor have an opinion about a particular thread, why bitch about it? K.I.M.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    kind of a waste of time for the most part if you aren't making money off it or picking up girls