11th Gathering of the Juggalos

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Just watched the whole thing.

Can't beleive nobody has mentioned Todd Bridges yet.

• I'm glad to know that there's a place online where these people can meet, chat, date, and breed:

http://www.juggalove.com/index.php

:O

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I'm curious to learn more about this Juggalo / Dark Carnival religion

following in L Ron Hubbards footsteps it seems

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    smoking_robot said:
    Woimsah said:
    smoking_robot said:
    Woimsah said:
    smoking_robot said:
    Blaze (Ya dead homie)
    is the ya dead homie referring back to blaze hismelf, like motherfucker is dead already? or is it more along the lines of the listener or recipient of this line (omen) is now dead? i dont get it.

this video is full of hillarity and i only made it to the 4 or 5 minute mark.

Maybe they're saying to shtoop the corpse of your deceased friend?

Maybe these concepts are explained at some of those seminars they're offering.

I'm not sure how i long i could listen to a dude in clown makeup telling me anything though.

Exactly --- aside from Gallagher, I'm attending for the seminars.

Wait Gallagher is really gonna be there? i thought that was just a joke. i gotta watch the whole 20 minute video on this thing.

Yes, the original Gallager. Not that fake ass Gilligan motherfucker.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

:beerbang:

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    11th Juggalo video >>> SNL parody.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Gary said:

Yeah, that was a definite "wait...what?" moment.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Seminars, carnival rides and "do you like midgets?" were my favorites.

Ok, new favorite- the fact that the VO is written to say:

"The gathering has fresh and exciting shit to do all around the fucking cliz-ock."

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Gary said:

at 17:00 mins long, I even had to jump ship at a certain point. when does the Todd Bridges part come in?

• maldorurrmaldorurr 120 Posts
    Soulhawk said:
    I'm curious to learn more about this Juggalo / Dark Carnival religion

following in L Ron Hubbards footsteps it seems

Being midwestern + Wikipedia-tells-me: it's some under-the-radar Christian indoctrination shit whereby the dudes' cartoony aggression was revealed, a few years ago I think, to be an example of "how not to live" and a laundry list of the sort of behavior which would prevent one from exiting the, uh, Dark Carnival and getting to do Faygo bodyshots with Jesus while Kid Rock's sister licks your asshole (something like that).

Also, middle-of-the-country Centipede God mounbuilding miasma story: a few years ago a friend of mine was hanging around Lawrence, KS during a massive thunderstorm which happened to coincide, unbeknownst to him, with an outdoor ICP gig that was summarily canceled. He gets on the bus after this cancellation and realizes that literally everyone on it but him and the driver is wearing juggalo makeup which is running from what we can only surmise to be a combination of bitter juggalo tears and rainwater.

• SoulOnIce said:

damn that was fast. solid gold, sir.

• THEIR WRESTLING [HA!] CHAMPION [HAHA!] HACKS BUTTS WHILE DOING FUCKING PROMOS!

it appears to be pretty much the same length throughout the video too.

got it all on the reel in under 5 minutes? or dean martin-esque shtick?

EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS VIDEO IS SKEWING MY JUDGEMENT OF REALITY.

i'm going outside.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    Gary said:

at 17:00 mins long, I even had to jump ship at a certain point. when does the Todd Bridges part come in?

at only 17 mins it was way to short!

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I mean... even at 17:00 it is STILL good! narrator says "Guarunteed the best time you motherfucker [sic] will ever have. I put that on my nuts, bitch."

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I mean... even at 17:00 it is STILL good! narrator says "Guarunteed the best time you motherfucker [sic] will ever have. I put that on my nuts, bitch."

The Voiceover may be the most enduringly awesome part; I wish that I'd produced it, so I could have written the copy, and then directed the VO.

"No... The emphasis needs to be on, "BITCH"... You're reading it with too much energy behind, "NUTS." Try to think like a Juggalo."

• HOTSOUPHOTSOUP 63 Posts
    Herm said:
    walter_chron said:
    Herm said:
    At 2:33, what sample is that on the Blaze Ya Dead Homie song?? Tomita??

Yes! Thanks!!

Somebody else sampled this but I can't remember who. Off to The-Breaks I go!

Nature sampled it as well.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    Bsides said:

Watch, this shit is nearly on the verge of crossing over. All of a sudden some well known critic will write some crazy outsider art defense piece and everyone will jump on the jock and say they were always down with it. Faux will be talking about how O-dubs book isn't relevant for non including any of the TWIZTID records.

I think you are confusing cultural trend pieces with music criticism. I would be very surprised if the Times hadn't already written about this phenomenon, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a critic who would actually defend the music. Except for notorious rap-metal apologist Noz.

Frankly, I find these people far more frightening than amusing. They are your Palin 2016 voters.

b/w

"seminars"

I guess ive never really seen much difference between cultural trend pieces and "music criticism". I think the fact that it frightens affluent people in their thirties though makes a pretty good case for it eventually crossing over lol!

Noz is totally right though. they are the new KISS...except they are sooo much better than KISS.

And they are down with cool stuff like anti intellectualism and weirdo mystic religions....and seminars.

That western movie looks awesome too.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I think the distinction that Faux is trying to make is between something that reports on a phenomenon vs. analyzing the aesthetic merits of that phenomenon (or lack thereof). You can have something that is culturally important without it actually being "good art," right?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Soulhawk said:
    it's some under-the-radar Christian indoctrination shit

As I said: these are your Palin 2016 voters

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Bsides said:
    faux_rillz said:
    Bsides said:

Watch, this shit is nearly on the verge of crossing over. All of a sudden some well known critic will write some crazy outsider art defense piece and everyone will jump on the jock and say they were always down with it. Faux will be talking about how O-dubs book isn't relevant for non including any of the TWIZTID records.

I think you are confusing cultural trend pieces with music criticism. I would be very surprised if the Times hadn't already written about this phenomenon, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a critic who would actually defend the music. Except for notorious rap-metal apologist Noz.

Frankly, I find these people far more frightening than amusing. They are your Palin 2016 voters.

b/w

"seminars"

I guess ive never really seen much difference between cultural trend pieces and "music criticism".

Well, that would be a function of your personal ignorance.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    the bonus beat at the end is amazing. i've been waiting over 10 years for this motherfucker.

^^^historically accurate portrayal of the old west, by all accounts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Hmmmm...seems kinda suspicious to me:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/14/tila-tequila-attack-juggalos-concert-photos/

TMZ has obtained incredibly gruesome photos of Tila Tequila -- taken after she claims she was victim of crowd violence at a concert in Illinois.

According to Tila, she took the stage at the Gathering of the Juggalos in Illinois -- a concert featuring such acts as Insane Clown Posse and Kottonmouth Kings.

Tila gave TMZ a very detailed account of what happened, saying: "I went onstage and immediately, before I even got on stage, DUDES were throwing HUGE STONE ROCKS in my face, beer bottles that slit my eye open, almost burnt my hair on fire cuz they threw fire crackers on stage, and they even took the sh*t out of the port-0-potty and threw sh*t and piss at me when I was onstage."

She went on to say: "These people were trying to kill me. So then after the last blow to my head with the firecracker they threw at me exploded, my bodygaurd and the other security grabbed me and ran as fast as they could to the shitty trailor. Since their security SUCKS, the 2 thousand people ran after us, trying to kill me. They almost got me so they finally reach the trailor, blood all over myself, cant stop bleeding, then all of a sudden, all 2 thousand people surround the trailor and busts the windows!!! Even the guys INSIDE with me were shaking! Their hands were shaking cuz they were so scared! So 3 guys inside the trailor had to grab a table and push it over the broken windows and grabbed all the chairs they could find so hold the people from outside back. It was scary as hell!"

Police confirm they responded to the scene, but couldn't go into detail, citing HIPAA laws.

Hold ya head, Shawne Merriman!

The AV Club's Nathin Rabin gives his eyewitness account.

I note from the videos that TT's stage show isn't that different from the show of a great many rappers these days.

• c/o viceland

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    i wouldn't have been mad at tom green getting the TT treatment. is there a less funny Canadian comedian?

• rootlesscosmo said:
    i wouldn't have been mad at tom green getting the TT treatment. is there a less funny Canadian comedian?

you have no fucking idea.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

you have no fucking idea.

haha yeah Im sure there are. just saying.

• Damn that Vice write up made me feel a little bad for ms Nguyen.