Strut NFL Fantasy League '10 - '11

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
I had sent out an invite to last year's participants.

We still have 5 spots left.

Please reply to this thread if interested and I will send you a link.

If the response is overwhelming, we might be able to do 2 leagues this year.

Game on, batches.

:bizzo: :shitty:

Comments

• mateomateo 163 Posts
    please to bring some game with you...

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    lemme hollerskate

• A couple days ago I was gonna ask about whether or not we were doing the league again this year, and like some psychic ish I got the return invite in the mail. Let's do this! Last place here I come!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Nice.

League is FULL. So psyched for this year's competition.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    So who's who? I'm YeahThatJustHappened and hoping to improve somewhat on last year's seriously mediocre showing.

DB_Cooper said:
    So who's who? I'm YeahThatJustHappened and hoping to improve somewhat on last year's seriously mediocre showing.

Here's what I have:

YeahThatJustHappened = DBCooper
    Tuff_Gong's Losers = Tuff Gong
    Sour Cream Sanchez = ??
    The Slough = ??
    Fighting Goots = Forget his name... picked ALL Saints last year.
    Purple Drank = RAJ
    Ryan Leaf = Mateo
    Guy Rodge = Bass Fever
    Sayer's Ball = Sunfade
    Joe Namath Is God = Asstro
    Hillbilly Hot Dogs = Rockadelic
    FUSKIN' U UP! = GenePortecorvo

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:

Hillbilly Hot Dogs

Taken from a restaurant I passed in West Virginia a couple of weeks ago.....it's housed in an old broken down School Bus.....couldn't bring myself to eat there though.

Live draft is Thursday, September 2nd at 9PM EST

• Fighting Goots= me, Vinylstalker aka BANamilCrakers last year when Gary got wild.

Yes, I picked all Saints as a joke and to hide the fact I didn't really understand
    the game very well. I have an actual researched plan of attack for draft day this time.

Thanks again RAJ. I had fun last year.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

League is FULL.

damn....i missed out

League is FULL.

damn....i missed out

We could bump it up to 14 like last year... but shit will be SLIM Pickens.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    slim pickins is right.....i'm in a 16 team league and it sucks.

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    I'm Sour Cream Sanchez. Hoping to do better than my 10th place showing last year. The football season can't come fast enough!

• Let Ed in, bump it to 14 and you all won't be able to compete with the depth and complexity of my knowledge.

GenePontecorvo said:
    Let Ed in, bump it to 14 and you all won't be able to compete with the depth and complexity of my knowledge.

Cool.... it wasn't sooo bad last year. But I went a little crazy adding and dropping players. Maybe we should have a limit of say 20 for the year?

Ed... Check yo PMs.

Everyone else. 1 spot left.

Hollerate.

• RAJ, I wouldn't be against a Transaction limit but 20 sounds low. For reference, how many did you make last year?

Need to fill one more spot

• Rockadelic said:

Hillbilly Hot Dogs

Taken from a restaurant I passed in West Virginia a couple of weeks ago.....it's housed in an old broken down School Bus.....couldn't bring myself to eat there though.

That description rang a bell, and then I realized where I knew it from... That place was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives on Food Network! I love that show.

http://www.hillbillyhotdogs.com/ddd.php

OK. League is now Officially FULL. Game on, Batches!

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Anyone have an idea for us to determine a draft order now, instead of waiting until 30 minutes before the draft starts? I know that the Commish can set the order however he wants, we just need a way to pick a random draft order. I hate not knowing where I'll be drafting until the last minute.

Live draft is tonight at 9PM EST.

Be there or be dealt Jamarcus Russell.

• Alright, Let's get down to raer buisness.

I put my whole collection up against Raj's Stark Reality.

• Stoked for the draft tonight.

Had my main league draft last weekend.

Waxi League last night.

I am oozing knowledge from my pores. I will just plug the mouse USB into my brain and go from there...don't even need the computer screen.

ZEN DRAFTING

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Something interesting for you guys to play with, make sure that you enter the correct settings for our league and see what they say. They aren't feeling my squad, I'm wishy washy on it myself: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/rate-my-team/form.php

Your team is currently being rated by the projections of David Dodds Switch to: Bob Henry Maurile Tremblay Jason Wood

QB: Tom Brady, David Garrard
    RB: Shonn Greene, Jamaal Charles, Felix Jones, Donald Brown, Chester Taylor
    WR: Donald Driver, Steve Breaston, Jerricho Cotchery, Devin Aromashodu, Julian Edelman
    TE: Antonio Gates
    PK: Jeff Reed
    TD: New Orleans Saints
    Overview:

The quarterback position looks good, and we like your overall strength at the tradionally less important positions as well. But it has some serious issues post-draft. Your only real core strength is at quarterback, yet that's often the easiest position to fill during the season. Your weaknesses at both running back and receiver put you in a hole before any games have played. To end up with a team constructed like this, you probably did not get value on some of your selections. The players themselves are not necessarily bad --- you just might have paid more than what they were worth.

To make this team into a serious contender, you are going to need to be extremely active in trades and on the waiver wire. You esentially need to turn over significant parts of this roster. Last year running backs like Ricky Williams, Jamaal Charles, and Fred Jackson all could be had dirt cheap at the draft. Additionally, wide receivers like Miles Austin, Sidney Rice, and Mike Sims-Walker were available after a lot of the drafts. You are likely going to need to land some of this year's top waiver plays, so pay close attention to increased workloads, targets, injuries, etc.

Bottom line:
    With great inseason management, we think you have about a 40 percent chance of making the playoffs.
    With good inseason management, we think you have about a 25 percent chance of making the playoffs.
    With average inseason management, we think you have a 8 percent chance of making the playoffs.