Albums that are worth more than you thought

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
so i picked up a copy of this
for some reason I checked ebay out of curiosity. I thought this was a $8-9 record tops. Not saying you are going to break the bank selling this but I'm surprised it goes for more than I stated. How about some other albums that are similar.

Comments

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    when i found out moodymann stuff went for money i sold everything i had and got enough moneh for some serious mindmelters instead...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    doom said:
    when i found out moodymann stuff went for money i sold everything i had and got enough moneh for some serious mindmelters instead...

Crazy talk

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    PrimeCutsLtd said:
    so i picked up a copy of this
    for some reason I checked ebay out of curiosity. I thought this was a $8-9 record tops. Not saying you are going to break the bank selling this but I'm surprised it goes for more than I stated.

Basically all of Bob Seger's albums prior to Beautiful Loser (1975) are considered collectible. Even the ones that were reissued by Capitol in the eighties.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    That Mellon Collie by the Pumpkins keeps amazing me.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    fusk moodyman. i remember an interview where he said white people shouldn't sample black artists, yet one of his biggest tracks samples bob james. FUSK THAT. sell those

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    jammy said:
    fusk moodyman. i remember an interview where he said white people shouldn't sample black artists, yet one of his biggest tracks samples bob james. FUSK THAT. sell those

you do realize that bob james is white, right? i'm not sure what you're saying. i have no idea who moodyman is though.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    This one, got in in a dollar bin and had no idea it went for 20+

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    This is the actual auction I had for Sterling Harrison's LP "One size fits all". I found it for a dollar at one of my regular Goodwills and had no idea I'd get so much for it. I was totally shocked!!

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Superfly's selling a copy of Eddy Grant's first LP for 275 Euro's. I picked a copy up a few months back for 15$ and at the time wished it was less.
    Is Superfly a little high or is this thing sweated?

note: I just popsiked it, I guess it's sweated.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    LoopDreams said:
    Superfly's selling a copy of Eddy Grant's first LP for 275 Euro's. I picked a copy up a few months back for 15$ and at the time wished it was less.
    Is Superfly a little high or is this thing sweated?

note: I just popsiked it, I guess it's sweated.

Really?? I didn't think they went for that much.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    jammy said:

lol i guess he was playin, but still. it would be fun if someone compiled a list of white people playing on the black stuff hes been looping up.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    jammy said:

This quote have been cited a lot, I think people take stuff the man says WAY too seriously. I mean look at his Red Bull Academy interview.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    The band It's A Beautiful Day.

They were popular in their time and recorded for the biggest record company in the world, why they so collectible?

• i figured 10 at the most, but i consistently see it going for 4 times that (mono pressing).

this just boggles my mind:

Lord Finesse - The Awakening

• Why would Jorge Ben - Forca Bruta be a $10 record??

And why would it be a surprise that it is a $40 record (sometimes)??

Beautiful record, tough to find clean even in Brazil.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Why would Jorge Ben - Forca Bruta be a $10 record??
    i want to move to that place.

• Jonny_Paycheck said:

i love the record, i just had no idea it was a 40+ dollar record. i've seen mediocre copies of it more often than other records i know should only be 10-20 bucks (poppy family for example). and i think both of those are great records. im not a record dealer so my idea of pricing is purely based off of how often i see something out in the field.

i got lucky and nabbed a pressing in excellent condition from my college music library when they were getting rid of some vinyl.

• smoking_robot said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

i love the record, i just had no idea it was a 40+ dollar record. i've seen mediocre copies of it more often than other records i know should only be 10-20 bucks (poppy family for example). and i think both of those are great records. im not a record dealer so my idea of pricing is purely based off of how often i see something out in the field.

i got lucky and nabbed a pressing in excellent condition from my college music library when they were getting rid of some vinyl. subtle brag post.

aren't you in philly?

this record is not exactly littering the bins in my experience and i know of no store in town that would price it at $10 unless it was in pretty dire shape. perhaps you were seeing reissues?

• wholewheat said:
    smoking_robot said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

i got lucky and nabbed a pressing in excellent condition from my college music library when they were getting rid of some vinyl. subtle brag post.

aren't you in philly?

this record is not exactly littering the bins in my experience and i know of no store in town that would price it at $10 unless it was in pretty dire shape. perhaps you were seeing reissues?

yeah i havent seen it so much here. prolly twice, once at BWS and im for sure i saw a copy floating around at PRE, neither were in great shape but not dollar bin condition. saw a few ok copies in florida. maybe it was a reissue and im trippin? i coulda sworn i checked and concluded they were legit.