Trill OG opens with J. Prince welcoming Drake to the team.

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    phongone said:
    Bun B addresses you dudes via Twatter:

RT @BunBTrillOG: Funny, people trying to tell ME about Pimp C. He was light skinned, he rapped & he sang. think u know better?

RT @BunBTrillOG: Watch ya mouth..Sweet James jones is not drake new nickname or his new mixtape..show some fuckin respect for UGK #teamtrill

RT @BunBTrillOG: and u need to respect me..if you think I would let any n*gg* disrespect Pimp C #killyaself got the name from the book pimp

Deaded?

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    for my new york carpet baggeurs, sunday sept 4th:

oooh-geee-kay 4 lyfe.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    haze25 said:
    i mean even "The Fix" by Face was a 4 and a half at most, and that album might be the best album of the last 10 years.

Please, The Fix is vastly overrated.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I never understood what the big deal was about The Fix.

b/w

Bun B fell off years ago

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    haze25 said:
    i mean even "The Fix" by Face was a 4 and a half at most, and that album might be the best album of the last 10 years.

Well that was my initial point, magazines and fake Face fans champion that record cause of the n.y centric production, i just think it has his most complete marriage of beats and rhymes, i would give it a 4/5 easily. Even the singles off the record weren't geared towards radio on some "Sellout" shit, good soulful stuff. The Neptunes track on there is one of my favorite songs ever.

I mean clearly you don't hold it up as high as some of us east coasters, but he catered to you dudes for his whole career, he gave us one album where he was rhyming over the type of beats we were rocking out here at the time, and the end result was great. I will ride for that record, as well as the last 3 he put out as well, plus The Product album, i celebrate the entire catalog, dog.

peace,xavier

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Herm said:

And speaking of Fat Joe, The Darkside is a damn good album.

I was serious when I said this, guys.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i said that about fat joe's 'me myself & i' (**still** a dope record btw) on strut back in '06 & got nothing but hate

glad to see yall have come around

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    haze25 said:

its a really good record, theres no need to be all obnoxious about it just cuz some idiots dont recognize the diary or whatever.

deej said:
    i said that about fat joe's 'me myself & i' (**still** a dope record btw) on strut back in '06 & got nothing but hate

Ummmm...in case you didn't notice, I am the only one talking about Fat Joe's new record in here. ("Y'all??") Don't pat yourself on the back for liking ONE record he did 4 years ago. Shit, holmes had two other releases since! Where were you then??

deej said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    haze25 said:

its a really good record, theres no need to be all obnoxious about it just cuz some idiots dont recognize the diary or whatever.

Mr Scarface Is Back mufucka. Some people call that one NY-centric as well. And really, lose me with The Fix beyond its 2-sided single.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    deej said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    haze25 said:

Mr Scarface Is Back mufucka. Some people call that one NY-centric as well. And really, lose me with The Fix beyond its 2-sided single.

Crazy Talk. Great album I don't understand your hate for the record, i'm sure you'll never make a valid argument for it's lack of worth beyond the singles being that this is SS, where art gets dismissed w/ o explanation. "Keep Me Down" is great, from the back porch guitar sample to the lyrics, it is one of my favorite tracks from Face, it sounds like to true to life hip hop gospel, everything about it screams "The South" too. But i digress.

1. The Fix
    2. Safe 5/5
    3. In Cold Blood 5/5
    4. Guess Who's Back 5/5
    5. On My Block 5/5
    6. Keep Me Down 5/5
    7. What Can I Do? 4/5
    8. In Between Us 3/5
    9. Someday 5/5
    10. Sell Out 3.5/5
    11. Heaven 4.5/5
    12. I Ain't The One 3/5
    13. Fixed

peace,xavier

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Sell Out and I Ain't the One are great songs. What Can I Do makes me tear up everytime I hear it.

I'll revisit and report back.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Brian said:
    Sell Out and I Ain't the One are great songs. What Can I Do makes me tear up everytime I hear it.

He's in full preacher mode on that one. Love that track.

peace,xavier

Keep Me Down - solid rapping, 3rd verse especially, but the beat is too generic hip-hop post Rap-A-Lot in-house production, post UGK, post Outkast, post 8ball & MJG???4.

Safe - Same story here, it's solid, it just doesn't jam compared to Face's better moments. In fact, these songs are both sub-Facemob to me, I'd rather drag out that old situationally good club wax because at least it had that stank to it, versus this which is alright, but it's definitely left the bayou???3.

In Cold Blood ??? can???t hate on this one, although here I go a bit, the beat is nice but a lil monotonous, Face rips it though???3.5.

Someday ??? have you ever seen Scarface perform with a live band? Sometimes he insists on taking over on drums, and let???s just say he???s not the drummer that he is a rapper. This song isn???t that bad, but it???s not worth my $30 either???2.5

Sellout ??? Mad Skillz was technically Southern, right? This sounds like a beat made for him???besides, Face isn???t being his usual outlandish self. He???s putting in a workmanlike performance, which is something in and of itself, but he???s just cruising at this point???3.

I Ain???t the One ??? Pretty damn good, can???t knock it???4.

What Can I Do ??? You remember how Shaq was really biting on Face when he dropped his album? Not the song with Fu Schnickens, but the other ones. Well, it???s not really Face???s fault, but since then when he does a song and it makes me think of Shaq???well, that???s not good for anybody???2.5.

Heaven ??? He was wearing suits back in the early days, but Face was wearing a different style of suit at this point in his career. This song goes with his new style of suit???2.

In Between Us ??? Nas spitting well, Face doing the same, but who is this music being made for? Along with the new suits, Face must have been attending a new church around this time as well, one where they were letting him play guitar in the house band???3.

Guess Who???s Back???5

My Block???5.

Numbers add up to a solid to even very good album, but that was never the problem. It???s just not what some of us Face fans think of when we want to listen to Face. The latest Geto Boys album from a few years back, which could also be pegged as generic in its sound in comparison to other Geto Boys album at least???even it carries more baseline appeal for someone with not even Texas-bred, but Scarface-bred sensibilities. And with this even being post Fat Pat and Guerilla Maab, its departure from what was really what in Houston was successful I would say, but kinda lackluster at the same time. Where???s the shock and awe, Face? Where do get ya funk from, remember? That being said, I know younger Texans who ride for The Fix as much as anyone does. So along with them, love it all y???all want. Face deserves it.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    lol why did u do all that if u just realized the numbers add up to a solid album

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Herm said:
    deej said:

Ummmm...in case you didn't notice, I am the only one talking about Fat Joe's new record in here. ("Y'all??") Don't pat yourself on the back for liking ONE record he did 4 years ago. Shit, holmes had two other releases since! Where were you then??
    those records werent as good. i just remember getting shit for even suggesting fat joe COULD release a good record.
    this was more abt me than u, btw

Gotcha.

Looks like everybody still feels like he can't since no one else is talking about it! Unless I missed something.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    getting back on track...

is there a rapper with any real skin in the game who has actually called out Drake for being the talentless pussy that he is?

the cosining seems to have snowballed to the point where no one has the balls to call him out for fear of offending someone.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    So checked out that Fat Joe album and the production in the first half is pretty good - feels very throwback NY centric, kind of similar to what Jay-Z did with American Gangster. Unfortunately instead of Jay we have Joe so the lack of charisma over the beats makes them pretty unmemorable in general. The second half is pretty much an entire washout apart from the beat from Premo which Joe decides to rap on for less than 3 minutes before doing shout outs and wastes entirely.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    http://rapradar.com/2010/08/27/new-music-pimp-c-ft-drake-x-bun-b-what-up/

Producer Boi-1da and Drizzy take a ride down to H-Town for the first single off the late great Pimp C???s final album.

Uggh... disgusting.

rootlesscosmo said:
    getting back on track...

is there a rapper with any real skin in the game who has actually called out Drake for being the talentless pussy that he is?

the cosining seems to have snowballed to the point where no one has the balls to call him out for fear of offending someone.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    getting back on track...

You're either with Drake or against winning and getting money.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    faux_rillz said:

Producer Boi-1da and Drizzy take a ride down to H-Town for the first single off the late great Pimp C???s final album.

Uggh... disgusting.

seriously, this song is not good. and barely qualifies as a "pimp c lead single," pimp sounds like an after thought just thrown in the middle.

are you saying that Fifty and/or the Dutchess of York has called out Drake?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    cookbook said:
    faux_rillz said:

Uggh... disgusting.

seriously, this song is not good. and barely qualifies as a "pimp c lead single," pimp sounds like an after thought just thrown in the middle.

yikes. what a mess. hopefully this is at least unmixed. that "flow" drakes using is unlistenable. the whole thing is unlistenable.

Martin said:
    also this is pretty hilarious:

who can spot the embarrassing flaw in this cover design (beyond the absurdity of Drake holding heat)?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Mighty small shotgun.

• Flaw? It's a mystery!

The guy squeezing the gun is bent over in front of Drake

or

Drake has vitiligo on his hands.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Martin said:
    also this is pretty hilarious:

who can spot the embarrassing flaw in this cover design (beyond the absurdity of Drake holding heat)?

everyone knows drizzy paints his right thumb black. durr