Trill OG opens with J. Prince welcoming Drake to the team.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    WTF!! I haven't listened to Trill OG yet. I hear it got five mics in the source.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I'm not even a Drake hater (not a Drake liker either), but man...this sh*t goes against everything Pimp C stood for.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    Where to buy the lp?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    This thread has so much potential

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I like that song too but WTF

I am amazed that this thread is so short. Could it be that folks are finally tired of hating on Drake? Or maybe they can't or don't have the energy to defend Rap-A-Lot? Oh well...

Speaking of those "coveted" 5 mics, Travis Barker is on the cover of The Source.

Herm said:
    this sh*t goes against everything Pimp C stood for.
    Pimping? Getting money?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    Herm said:
    Pimping? Getting money?

pimp c balked at recording big pimpin with jay, Lord knows what he wouldve thought of this.
    dude wouldn't even ride with bun if he was playing slum village in the ride.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    Herm said:
    Pimping? Getting money?

Pimp C was known for hating gay rappeurs.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    just listened to it. pretty sad to hear.

sounds like they are on some "no really, we cosine this guy -- serious!"

"Make no mistake, we are behind him."

PAUSE

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Herm said:
    I am amazed that this thread is so short.

Harvey said it best a few weeks ago: Bun B needs to stop cosigning bullshit.

SIRUS said:
    Reynaldo said:
    Herm said:
    Pimping? Getting money?

pimp c balked at recording big pimpin with jay, Lord knows what he wouldve thought of this.
    dude wouldn't even ride with bun if he was playing slum village in the ride.
    So he didn't like soft schitt? R&B? Singing?

Still not clear.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Thats the thing, Pimp C isn't around anymore, now Bun can go around working with all these dudes he liked that U.G.K fans probably hate(d). I mean dude works with alot of suspect cats, Drake, T Pain....... i know he did some Dilla freestyle track w/ Termanology and Sheek of the Lox. He doesn't have good taste in collabos so i'm not surprised he's jumping on the Drake bandwagon.

BUT in return for an actually good/legendary rapper to co-sign Drake means Bun gets the feature, sells a few more units and spreads good music to more people. On Bun's/Rap-A-Lots end, i think it's smart business.

And Rey, yes to everything you said, Drake embodies all that stuff, boring, soft and "r and b" (cause it sure as hell isn't soul). Also i wouldn't ride with anyone who plays Slum Village either, unless it's an instrumental album.

peace,xavier

• jjrocksjjrocks 109 Posts
    My thoughts:

J. Prince is a gangster.

I'm sure little drake gets fucked with when he rides around with J's son and boss, Jas.

So J. Prince put people on notice--"the army's behind him."

"Put It Down" is a good song...until Drake calls himself "young sweet jones."

• jjrocks said:

Remind me to never hear this.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    jjrocks said:

Remind me to never hear this.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Martin said:
    Big KRIT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Drake

and would probably be Pimp C approved.
    it would be weird considering how much dude bites pimp c

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    look i hate drake too but big krit & bun would be super lame. krit is not even close to pimp's level. & bun is so lazy these days

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    haze25 said:
    Thats the thing, Pimp C isn't around anymore, now Bun can go around working with all these dudes he liked that U.G.K fans probably hate(d). .....T Pain.......

lets not forget pimp c's feature on "in love wit a stripper 2"

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    jaymack said:
    haze25 said:
    Thats the thing, Pimp C isn't around anymore, now Bun can go around working with all these dudes he liked that U.G.K fans probably hate(d). .....T Pain.......

lets not forget pimp c's feature on "in love wit a stripper 2"

LOL. Forgot about that.

peace,xavier

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Whoever said that the yawnsome Bun and Premo song would sound better in the context of the album was spot on as I for one almost wept with joy when it came on and I realised I would have a few minutes respite from r&b hooks while it plodded through the motions.

Junior said:
    Whoever said that the yawnsome Bun and Premo song would sound better in the context of the album was spot on as I for one almost wept with joy when it came on and I realised I would have a few minutes respite from r&b hooks while it plodded through the motions.

I have to agree with you. I've only given the album one run-through, but to be honest I haven't been tempted to give it another. Though it IS Bun so I really should.

Speaking of Premier, his beat on the Fat Joe album is really good. So much so that I don't even mind the extra long epilogue/shout-outs at the end.

And speaking of Fat Joe, The Darkside is a damn good album. Can I just hijack my own thread and make this a Darkside Appreciation Thread? It deserves one, really.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Bun is done.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    jjrocks said:

This is, of course, stomach-turning.

But if the outrage is not more widespread, I suspect it is because nobody is checking for a Bun B solo album in 2010.

He's fallen off hard and I, for one, prefer to remember him as he was than to witness his depressing slide into mediocrity and irrelevance.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Bun is done.

That is a serious fuckin' shame.

• I listened to his verse on "Murder" twice this morning. I feel better already.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    How do you guys think this album got 5 mics in the source, i mean honestly? Is rap-a-lot buying those mics, or is this to make up for the U.G.K stuff not getting the proper respect back in the day? I mean, anyone whos heard this knows it isn't a classic, i mean even "The Fix" by Face was a 4 and a half at most, and that album might be the best album of the last 10 years.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Bun B addresses you dudes via Twatter:

RT @BunBTrillOG: Funny, people trying to tell ME about Pimp C. He was light skinned, he rapped & he sang. think u know better?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    haze25 said:
    How do you guys think this album got 5 mics in the source, i mean honestly? Is rap-a-lot buying those mics, or is this to make up for the U.G.K stuff not getting the proper respect back in the day?

A make-up vote to some extent but mostly just a pathetic attempt by the Source to interest people in its own failed brand.