Das Efx On Craigslist?!

Comments

• "RAP LEGENDS"

Do they really qualify for this description in Strut's opinion?

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    wtf, this has gotta be some shit.....

• even i know who they are and i don;t even follow hip hop. that's pretty desperado that they have sunk to soliciting on craigslist...

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    Jazzsucka said:
    "RAP LEGENDS"

don't use hotmail.com

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    How viable do folks think a "hip hop oldies" circuit would be for these 90s dudes? Evidently, Young MC can get paid for corporate gigs (or, uh, Juggalo festivals) but will aging backpackers pay money to go see Das Efx get their tongue-twiggity-twist on?

^^ shit yeah....i paid money to hear some mic chekka live....

i say biggity bring it, iggitty on...lol

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    How viable do folks think a "hip hop oldies" circuit would be for these 90s dudes? Evidently, Young MC can get paid for corporate gigs (or, uh, Juggalo festivals) but will aging backpackers pay money to go see Das Efx get their tongue-twiggity-twist on?

Its called Europe.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:

had me laughing just at "morning".

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    This ones gold: http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/19552203.html

Highlights:

the highschool reunion was a Booming success with a multimedia nostalgia presentation and a bouncing dancefloor.

I'm equipped with lots of asian rhythms, african and Caribbean beats, and latin grooves

I master smooth transitions between songs...but am limited on my music collection (although it is growing, I buy new CDs for each party, including yours). I have also recently done a few 12,13, & 14 year birthday parties (so I now have a lot of up to date hip hop and pop).

I spin CDs. I don't have much experience spinning records. If you want vinyl, I understand and have recommendations.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    As far as the Das Efx post, I know they haven't been completely "well off" the past few years. Drayzie was living around the corner from my man in Columbia, MD a few years back. He was living with his girl in, I think, a condo. They were still doing gigs and you could tell it wasn't really worth talking about. Pretty humble dude though. He gave me & my man a lot industry pointers, info & advice. Also, he would take the time to listen to anything you gave him.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    this reminds me of some strutter who saw jeru working in a fed ex in east new york.

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    mannybolone said:

Its called Europe.

its also called Australia.

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    mannybolone said:

Its called Europe.

• SIRUS said:
    jeru working in a fed ex in east new york.

...it gets no rougher.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    TheeeCasualMale said:
    SIRUS said:
    jeru working in a fed ex in east new york.

...it gets no rougher.

...situation is serious

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Arks said:
    nzshadow said:
    mannybolone said:

Its called Europe.

I was about to say. I can't believe people are still getting hype out here over A Tribe Called Quest coming out. Don't get me wrong, ATCQ are one of the most influential rap groups of our time. But it's about 10-12 years too late... I'm a grumpy old man. I have not been to a rap show in years. Nor do I plan to ever go again if I can help it!

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:

Which strutter grandfather is that in the picture?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Jazzsucka said:
    "RAP LEGENDS"

Yes. You can not like them, or think they're washed up all you want, but their style switched up hip hop lyrically to a certain extent.

• DJ_Enki said:

that lady aint 26, as much to contrary as shopping in the juniors section might lead one to beleive.

• The_Non said:
    Jazzsucka said:
    "RAP LEGENDS"

Yes. You can not like them, or think they're washed up all you want, but their style switched up hip hop lyrically to a certain extent.

Haha really??

Dudes were doing the tongue twisting shit prior to them, and the whole "iggidy wiggidy" style got dissed hard in subsequent years.

File under "bad rap fads"

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    The_Non said:
    Jazzsucka said:
    "RAP LEGENDS"

Haha really??

Dudes were doing the tongue twisting shit prior to them, and the whole "iggidy wiggidy" style got dissed hard in subsequent years.

File under "bad rap fads"

Son, how dare you downplay the iggity! I'll knock your tophat back!

as much as the iggity-wiggity style got played out, it was dope as hell when it dropped and you heard Das Efx rock shit for the first time....

cant front most were all over it...just like cats were wearing their clothes backwards when KrisKross dropped....lol

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    As much as dudes single out Das for their rhyme delivery "gimmick", I think their cartoon/free association/commercial & jingles/ rhymes were unique compared to what other mcs were doin.

Das Efx and Home Team had that same kinda flow going on..anyone heard any of the earlier (before dead serious) stuff?

• The only real response to this ad should be to call and quote Das lyrics.

"hello, is this the boogidy woogidy brooklyn boy?"

"I've got an anatomical question... what exactly is connected to the hip bone?"

"turkey sausages vs. pork sausages. Discuss."

"should we grab the train, or walk?"

"why *is* everybody always picking on me?"

ha! priceless...