Nope, No Records In............

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky & Tennessee......

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    :face_melt:

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    :beerbang:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Hayseuss H. Christo

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Rock,

Yeah, I never found any records down in North Carolina ;-) .

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• holy shit

b/w

dr jesus!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Rock,

By the way, you should find that a particular song off of that "Alpha" LP by Round Robin Monopoly sounds very familiar .

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Rock, what the fffffuuuuuuuuuuu...!!! Face + melt.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    My brother and I took our annual digging trip.....Nine days......3,000 miles.....I posted about 1/3rd of what we bought.

The East Of Underground were $5.00 each.

Truth is it is hard as hell to find stuff out there...the stores in major cities like Nashville and Louisville suck ass.....I mean so bad that if they told us to take anything we wanted for free we'd leave with only a handful of LP's......back roads and small towns is where it's at.....picking up a few things here and there which add up at the end of the day......most stuff was cheap....Marcus "House Of Trax" OG for $0.50.......Billy Martin & Soul Jets for five bucks sealed.....but it was brutal work......driving, digging and sleeping....one meal a day and no breaks......hot as hell(102 in Va.)......you have to love this shit....and luckily we both do.

Got two killer leads while we were out there so I hope for a repeat in the Fall.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    awesome stuff

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    My brother and I took our annual digging trip.....Nine days......3,000 miles.....I posted about 1/3rd of what we bought.

Truth is it is hard as hell to find stuff out there...the stores in major cities like Nashville and Louisville suck ass.....I mean so bad that if they told us to take anything we wanted for free we'd leave with only a handful of LP's......back roads and small towns is where it's at.....picking up a few things here and there which add up at the end of the day......most stuff was cheap....Marcus "House Of Trax" OG for $0.50.......Billy Martin & Soul Jets for five bucks sealed.....but it was brutal work......driving, digging and sleeping....one meal a day and no breaks......hot as hell(102 in Va.)......you have to love this shit....and luckily we both do.

Got two killer leads while we were out there so I hope for a repeat in the Fall.

Hey Rock what stores did you hit up in Nashville? I just came back from there and I posted a little of what i found. I found some decent stuff for cheap. But the antique malls all over I-24,I-65 going back into GA is where you find the best stuff but condition anger overwhelmed me so I left alot of stuff behind.

shooterali said:
    Rockadelic said:

Hey Rock what stores did you hit up in Nashville? I just came back from there and I posted a little of what i found. I found some decent stuff for cheap. But the antique malls all over I-24,I-65 going back into GA is where you find the best stuff but condition anger overwhelmed me so I left alot of stuff behind.

Phonoluxe - Turd City
    Grimey's - Nice store for new releases...their used stuff is eh
    The Great Escape - All their "good" stuff goes on ebay
    Lawrence Bros. - A joke

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    shooterali said:
    Rockadelic said:

Phonoluxe - Turd City
    Grimey's - Nice store for new releases...their used stuff is eh
    The Great Escape - All their "good" stuff goes on ebay
    Lawrence Bros. - A joke

LOL, yeah those places suck!

shooterali said:

LOL, yeah those places suck!

There is a chain of places in Ky. called The Peddler's Mall......and the ones out in the rural areas had heat.

There are 16 locations around the state and we hit 7 of them.

I bought only one record in Louisville!!!

Ebay + Popsike + Local Diggers = Fail for out of towners hitting up Record Shops.

• Rockadelic said:

come up of the decade right there.

I think I hear a stampede of locals heading for their nearest "Peddler's Mall" lol

For those who are into eating on the road....

Hog Wild Bar-B-Q in Granite Falls, NC is a 8/10

The Parkette Diner in Lexington is old school Diner fare, simple but tasty

Noshville in Nashville is a pretty decent NY style Deli.....Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray & B&W Cookies are served here.

Never....I repeat NEVER order something called a Kentucky Hot Brown.

Granny's in some podunk town 30-40 miles east of Huntington, West Virginia was a 9/10 for Southern Home Cooking.

Fish Bone in Greensboro, NC is a nice spot ...the Crab Soup and Blackened Mahi Mahi Nachos were great.

• Nice ones on the EoU...

a lot of those other records honk though!

heh.

• can you tell us any more about the east of underground pulls?

what city did it turn up in? was it in some random box? did your heart skip a few beats when you saw those bad boys or has all that worn off from years of record buying...

Jonny_Paycheck said:

a lot of those other records honk though!

heh.

Dude....I get $20 for Margaret Plays The Musical Saw.....cut me some slack.....I'd say we paid an average of 3 bucks for everything you see there....maybe not good enough for the Celebrity Diggers and NYC spots but they are bread and butter and gas money my friend.

crabmongerfunk said:
    can you tell us any more about the east of underground pulls?

what city did it turn up in? was it in some random box? did your heart skip a few beats when you saw those bad boys or has all that worn off from years of record buying...

Yes....I got excited....small town in S. Tennessee....if that feeling ever wears off I'm quitting.

Rockadelic said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    can you tell us any more about the east of underground pulls?

Yes....I got excited....small town in S. Tennessee....if that feeling ever wears off I'm quitting.
    2 copies of EofU for $5 a pop is crazy, I probably would have lost my gameface for a second over those for sure. Awesomely done.

• Options
    yo, ok pick-ups, but I thought you would have found better stuff than that.

Did you forget to go to the thrifts AND the flea markets?

• holmes said:
    Rockadelic said:

Yes....I got excited....
    I probably would have lost my gameface

some call this the "o" face

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Hey Rich, what year would you say yielded you and your brother the best scores from your annual road trips? And what were some of the highlights if I may?

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Double post

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    killer! wow!!! hard work = real rewards! congrats.

some notes:

#1 i just found that Sapphire Thinkers LP myself, its nice! raer too.

#2 sure the EoU are mindblowing finds, they are the Stark of today, but im most craving that Mama Lion! goddam i dont know how long ive been "putting that one out there" and it just doesnt appear in the bin.

#3 it was odd how your pictures got more and more faded and bleached out, then they roared back to color. its like they were digital Polaroids or something.

#4 that Trick looks like everything a private modern soul should be... but its a rough toke upon listening. I bet you got the customers who want it regardless though.

• :hard_as_fuck: :game_over: :game_over: :game_over:

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i spy some pops stickers...

great finds rock, the annual trip sounds like a blast.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that kris and jerry coming back to you is good karma
    great finds

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Amazing stuff, doubles of East of Underground sealed the deal.

Just curious, how much does a copy of Jeff Phelps "Magnetic eyes" set you back these days?