Anyone here ever light they're records on fire in a battle?

SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
So I'm entering this battle and part of the set I do a scratch version of the national anthem. I want to put lighter fluid on the wax during it for a Hendrix tribute :shreddin_it: steez. Think this would work?

Comments

• rookrook 357 Posts
    this is the best news of 2010.

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    Best shit I've read in weeks!

• JusMeJusMe 68 Posts
    skip to 1.42

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sa8JM9z4t4

do it anyway. practically everything has been done before. once you put your own spin on it your good

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Fuck yes. But i dont battle.

I find that the listening experience is not complete unless i burn the record at the end of the session.

My wife is less than understanding abot this, and it scares the bejesus out of the kids but nothing beats setting a record on fire to keep the purity of the moment intact.

In a battle situation i would set the other DJs' records on fire, fuck that bitch.

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    How about scratching something in by Rage Against The Machine and setting yourself on fire a la the 1st album cover.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    nzshadow said:

I find that the listening experience is not complete unless i burn the record at the end of the session.

My wife is less than understanding abot this, and it scares the bejesus out of the kids but nothing beats setting a record on fire to keep the purity of the moment intact.

In a battle situation i would set the other DJs' records on fire, fuck that bitch.

Like a vintage fine wine I uncorked my sealed copy of the Stark Reality that had been bottled since 1970, shared it on my newly unpacked Continuum Caliburn turntable with Transmission Audio speakers in front of a small and intimate group of family and friends, and then blew it all up at the end of side two to preserve the moment forever...

I'm now looking for a another OG..

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    nzshadow said:

Rugged like Rwanda.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    nzshadow said:

Rugged like Rwanda.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah I set my records on fire during a DJ showcase in Worcester, MA back in 2000. I would not do it again.

• tabira said:
    nzshadow said:

Like a vintage fine wine I uncorked my sealed copy of the Stark Reality that had been bottled since 1970, shared it on my newly unpacked Continuum Caliburn turntable with Transmission Audio speakers in front of a small and intimate group of family and friends, and then blew it all up at the end of side two to preserve the moment forever...

I'm now looking for a another OG..

EROTIC

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    on my work laptop so the img uptop is dissable, so forgive me if it is a latte pass, but dj flagrant (melbourne) did this in a dmc routine in around 2003 or 2004 i think

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    ha ha ha....yeah and Dj Swamp has done this before as well....definately not sumthin new regardless of which way you execute it, as for me i think setting rekkids on fire is lame, even if their your moms Patsy Cline rekkids...lol

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    nzshadow said:

I laughed at the first two parts, but I laughed out loud at the last part.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    I was just joking about this. I'm not even entering a battle.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    their

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    the_dL said:
    dj flagrant (melbourne) did this in a dmc routine in around 2003 or 2004 i think

who's flagrant

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    mek did it in a routine as well clip in here at about 1.43

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Sunfade said:
    I want to put lighter fluid on the wax during it for a Hendrix tribute :shreddin_it: steez. Think this would work?

Check the Tha Liks X.O. Experience for an image of one of them dressed up like Jimi burning a 1200.