11th Gathering of the Juggalos

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Sometimes I think about what my juggalo name would be. I had a good one a while ago but I forgot it.

something like CrazyAzzHerbert or something like that.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I wonder how a live rendition of "Magic Everywhere" is going to go down. That would've been a better theme, Gathering of the Juggalos 11: Magic All Up In This Bitch. They should get washed up nobel prize winning scientists and washed up magicians to battle it out in the ring. Fucking giraffe petting zoo would be mad tight too.

And I gotta say, Big Money Rustlas will be more entertaining and make bigger profits than Belly, State Property I and II, and all those 50 cent joints put together.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Hate to see my man Bill Dundee (Memphis Wrestling Legend) involved with this gathering of the GEDs...oh well, hopefully he is being paid well.

b/w

I had no idea there were so many shitty fat white guy in makeup rappers

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Bsides said:
    All of a sudden some well known critic will write some crazy outsider art defense piece and everyone will jump on the jock and say they were always down with it.

Noz wrote an interesting defense of the Juggalo phenomenon last year

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Bsides said:

Watch, this shit is nearly on the verge of crossing over. All of a sudden some well known critic will write some crazy outsider art defense piece and everyone will jump on the jock and say they were always down with it. Faux will be talking about how O-dubs book isn't relevant for non including any of the TWIZTID records.

I think you are confusing cultural trend pieces with music criticism. I would be very surprised if the Times hadn't already written about this phenomenon, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a critic who would actually defend the music. Except for notorious rap-metal apologist Noz.

Frankly, I find these people far more frightening than amusing. They are your Palin 2016 voters.

b/w

"seminars"

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    faux_rillz said:

"seminars"

:beerbang:

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    Bsides said:

great article, don't sleep

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    musica said:
    faux_rillz said:

"seminars"

:beerbang:

seminars on the magic of magnets?

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Soulhawk said:
    Bsides said:
    All of a sudden some well known critic will write some crazy outsider art defense piece and everyone will jump on the jock and say they were always down with it.

Noz wrote an interesting defense of the Juggalo phenomenon last year

link?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    smoking_robot said:
    Blaze (Ya dead homie)
    is the ya dead homie referring back to blaze hismelf, like motherfucker is dead already? or is it more along the lines of the listener or recipient of this line (omen) is now dead? i dont get it.

this video is full of hillarity and i only made it to the 4 or 5 minute mark.

Maybe they're saying to shtoop the corpse of your deceased friend?

• dwyhajlodwyhajlo 420 Posts
    Soulhawk said:

Can we get Noz to do some embedded reportage from the upcoming Gathering?

I saw a real live Juggalo for the first time ever the other day, it was kind of surprising.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    DCarfagna said:

SNL recently did a sendup of this shit that was pretty dead-on.

eh. as is often the case with SNL skits, the event/person/concept that they attempt to parody is way, way funnier on its own than is the parody.

BTW "Anybody Killa"

• maldorurr said:
    smoking_robot said:
    Blaze (Ya dead homie)
    is the ya dead homie referring back to blaze hismelf, like motherfucker is dead already? or is it more along the lines of the listener or recipient of this line (omen) is now dead? i dont get it.

As in Blaze himself is dead -- I'm sort of aware of this shit as a Kansas Citian through the TechN9ne avenue, and in all seriousness, it's some thug-points-type racket among juggaloes to remind everyone constantly of how "dead" you are ... like, you know, "more dead" than those "fake-ass dead" dudes. Seriously.

some fat motherfucker named "Anybody Killa" lisping his ass off = seriously :face_melt:

Ok, so dead is a metaphor for how hood you are, got it.

As for Anybody Killa, i personally would've gone with Everybody Killa. Anybody killa is way more passive in comparison whereas everybody killa is hard as fusk. Ex: I'll kill anybody. versus I'll kill everybody. Former dwells in potential whereas the latter is definitely in the actual.

• Woimsah said:
    smoking_robot said:
    Blaze (Ya dead homie)

Maybe these concepts are explained at some of those seminars they're offering.

I'm not sure how i long i could listen to a dude in clown makeup telling me anything though.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    the seminars are probably just makeup tutorials

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    smoking_robot said:
    Woimsah said:
    smoking_robot said:
    Blaze (Ya dead homie)

I'm not sure how i long i could listen to a dude in clown makeup telling me anything though.

They damn well better have a seminar on fuckin' magnets and how they work.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Soulhawk said:

I disagree there rapping being sub-par, Shaggy has one of the best voices in rap and Violent J has excellent comedic delivery, which you obviously picked up on in To Catch A Predator.

what the hell is 5%ers??? is that supposed to be a bad thing? well the reason I probably don???t know who they are or what that is, is due to the fact that I am very picky when it comes to my music.[/quote[

• faux_rillz said:

what the hell is 5%ers??? is that supposed to be a bad thing? well the reason I probably don???t know who they are or what that is, is due to the fact that I am very picky when it comes to my music.

100% solid gold rightchea'

smoking_robot said:
    Woimsah said:
    smoking_robot said:
    Blaze (Ya dead homie)

Exactly --- aside for Gallagher, I'm attending for the seminars.

smoking_robot said:
    Woimsah said:
    smoking_robot said:
    Blaze (Ya dead homie)

Exactly --- aside from Gallagher, I'm attending for the seminars.

• Woimsah said:
    smoking_robot said:
    Woimsah said:
    smoking_robot said:
    Blaze (Ya dead homie)

Exactly --- aside from Gallagher, I'm attending for the seminars.

Wait Gallagher is really gonna be there? i thought that was just a joke. i gotta watch the whole 20 minute video on this thing.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    LWE

• maldorurrmaldorurr 120 Posts
    smoking_robot said:

As for Anybody Killa, i personally would've gone with Everybody Killa. Anybody killa is way more passive in comparison whereas everybody killa is hard as fusk. Ex: I'll kill anybody. versus I'll kill everybody. Former dwells in potential whereas the latter is definitely in the actual.

Wisely said. I fear that my ignorance of ABK must needs give rise to a new graemlin, namely FALSE JUGGALO

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    At 2:33, what sample is that on the Blaze Ya Dead Homie song?? Tomita??

b/w

"THE GATHERING HAS FRESH AND EXCITING SHIT TO DO ALL AROUND THE FUCKING FIZZUCK."

• Herm said:

from this

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    walter_chron said:
    Herm said:

Yes! Thanks!!

Somebody else sampled this but I can't remember who. Off to The-Breaks I go!

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Herm said:

Yes! Thanks!!

Somebody else sampled this but I can't remember who. Off to The-Breaks I go!

Pep Love?

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Bsides said:

kind of comical that it fails to mention Peak Oil
    car reliant suburbs are going to be some serious ass slums

"Many recently built houses take what structural integrity they have from drywall- their thin wooden frames are too flimsy to hold the houses up."

dark carnival tenements of the coming decade