dating out of your league (obnoxious relationship post -R)

13»

Comments

• Options
    All this time I thought Button was a female.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Sween said:
    All this time I thought Button was a female.

1) May she's a lesbian?

2) "The Game" was a fairly entertaining read (though I'm not sure if the autobiographical aspect of it worked so well) but it's also one of the better "pop ethnographies" I've seen in terms of Strauss' ability to get inside the communal aspect of that sub-culture. The overall impression one gets is that chasing women is completely secondary to the male-bonding within that community.

3) re: Stacks' point about older women. In Hanna Rosin's "The End of Men?" article from last month's Atlantic Monthly, she argues that part of the cougar phenom might be driven by the fact that younger *men*, seeking financial stability when their own situation (as men) is precarious, might be a fairly smart move. In other words, in contrast to previous generations where younger women sought out sugar daddies, in today's society and economy, where men are attending college at lower rates than women, seeking out a sugar mama might be increasingly common. It's all speculative but I thought it was an interesting argument.

4) Button's lack of photos is both disappointing and suspect.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    No Contact Zone

Rockadelic asked hcrink to delete his Waxidermy account & they're all begging for him to come back

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    button said:
    the jist of original post wasn't how to get someone back or not feel sad. It was how to go back to regular women when you've dated a total bombshell, who wants to get it on 24hrs a day, and is never a hormonal bitch.

wow how not to feel sad?
    your respect of women excuse me bitches is astounding
    your in a league of your own in this regard
    your title should have been
    my hot bitch wants to get it on 24h a day how do i move on
    seriously dude stop

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    The whole "dating out of your league"-thing sounds like the plot from a Judd Apatow movie.
    I know it's been said and as cliche as it sounds, it's about confidence and charisma ( I think the rappity rap songs call it the "swag"). You can't really fake the funk tho. Do some work on yourself if you are not feeling confident.
    The tall leggy blond I'm with now picked me up in a parking lot of a convenience store and I'm a big ugly dude who would look like Shrek if I was green. Don't be interested, be interesting, and most of the time I'm the most interesting person in the room. Seriously, do you. Do your thing. Don't chase. Women, especially hot women, are accustomed to being chased. Do you and let'em come to you.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    a lesbian?

Yes, this thread does make a very good case for it.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    button said:
    Also, I appreciated people's honest advice, but the jist of original post wasn't how to get someone back or not feel sad. It was how to go back to regular women when you've dated a total bombshell, who wants to get it on 24hrs a day, and is never a hormonal bitch.

Well the gist (with a 'G') of most of the replies has been "why feel you have to go back to 'regular women?', but whatever dude, you are coming across as a whiney bitch now so good luck and all that.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    button said:
    how to go back to regular women

this is just the lamest shit ever.

• button said:
    ... but the jist of original post wasn't how to get someone back or not feel sad. It was how to go back to regular women when you've dated a total bombshell, who wants to get it on 24hrs a day, and is never a hormonal bitch.

double

Regular guy who, like most humans, isn't entirely comfortable in his own skin gets with hot girl. Guy is surprised and feels pretty good about himself. This gal just up'ed his stock!
    It's not all that it could be though and the end is inevitable. Maybe he sees she will soon break it off. Uh-oh...perhaps he isn't that cool or special. He seeks reinforcement. Where better than SoulStrut, Computer Love University?!
    The thread begins.
    As more people post, a general warm and fuzzy locker room feeling sets in. Guy is encouraged and continues posting. Eventually his disdain for hormonal bitches and regular-ass women comes out. As he hoped, he is reinforced - this is Soul Strut after all, the junkyard of love and sex advice.
    Personal issues abound - highlights being having no idea what is important in people, seeking self-worth in others and not realizing that just because someone is willing to love and fck you doesn't make you any less of a fool.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Bro, I've had the same experience! I once dated a gorgeous model for three or four days, and then she sobered up and dumped me.

Since then, I haven't been able to return to conventional women. My situation is dire: I vacillate between real dolls, large pillows with cartoon women printed on them, being gay, and marriage to the sea. Mostly, I just cry.

The sooner you realise you can never again be with a normal woman and resign yourself to some sort of sexy inanimate object (or the bath house), the better.

Everyone can see what I look like from my avatar. The gorgeous model thing looked like this:

Note that she is covered in caviar to emphasise how freakishly raer and expensive she is. That's Beluga, son, and lot's of it.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    all hail danno's triumphant return
    this thread was worth it for his post alone

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    pcmr said:
    all hail danno's triumphant return
    this thread was worth it for his post alone

and his post contained Monica Bellucci nekkid covered in caviar.

double win.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahahah...

Danno3000 said:
    gorgeous model thing

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Danno3000 said:
    large pillows with cartoon women printed on them

"I'm the actor James Franco, dammit, and I'm in love with -- and common law married to -- a Japanese body pillow!"

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    You are not alone, Danno. Meet Tabo, he just cannot love "real women."
    (I'm sure this has been posted before.)

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    a) hormonal bitch (or something thereof) is a term i've heard tons of women use to sometimes describe themselves , including my last couple GFs. So lets try to not act so sensitive and pearl-clutchy.

b) I don't disdain "regular" women (or regular men for that matter), i'd just rather be around a different type of person. This girl is good looking AND dynamic. I find lots of people attractive, but very few dynamic or stimulating. Probably my own issue, I know.

c) i started this thread for entertainment purposes, not for any serious meaning of life revelations. why is everyone so serious around here?

I think I'm just crazy. Oh well... back to record talk

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Sween said:
    All this

and sorry but I'm not posting her photo for 3000 love starved pervs to drool over, or for haters and trolls to open her up to critique.

... not til its OFFICIALLY over anyways

infact, i've got an apologetic email in my inbox right now

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Have we gone four pages without learning if her elbows really justify her high rating?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    DrWu said:

Perhaps you are choosing the wrong kind of women. Just a thought.

Nah, typically when I'm ready to run them off they do in fact run...so they are exactly the right women in that regard.

b/w

Funny how noone believes you when you say you aren't looking to be in a relationship.

I can't figure out why you are having troubles with da womens. Your sparkling personality and refreshing sense of empathy should make you an ideal catch. I blame Gloria Steinem.

b/w

Announcing that you are not looking to be in a relationship is like posting that you are quitting an internet message board.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    djJazzOne said:
    The whole "dating out of your league"-thing sounds like the plot from a Judd Apatow movie.
    I know it's been said and as cliche as it sounds, it's about confidence and charisma ( I think the rappity rap songs call it the "swag"). You can't really fake the funk tho. Do some work on yourself if you are not feeling confident.
    The tall leggy blond I'm with now picked me up in a parking lot of a convenience store and I'm a big ugly dude who would look like Shrek if I was green. Don't be interested, be interesting, and most of the time I'm the most interesting person in the room. Seriously, do you. Do your thing. Don't chase. Women, especially hot women, are accustomed to being chased. Do you and let'em come to you.

I don't have that much dating experience, to be honest...but I know you're on point with that one. When I was a kid, I was really aggro about kids giving me shit for being short (peaked at 5'3"...everyone who was and is in my family have not broken the 5'9" mark. Russian, Jewish East European and British - related). As I matured into someone confident enough to build friendships, to talk to women regardless whether or not I found them to be physically attractive and to engage in lively conversation that revolve around the interests of both myself and the person talking to me, I stopped caring about how someone might condescendingly view me based on my appearance. The world's population wouldn't be increasing faster than it ever has before in recorded history if people were picky about not having sex with someone keeping in mind dumb appearance based shit. By the way...Harvey: a couple of people in this thread are right. You sound really bitter.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    bassie said:
    Computer Love University

bassie said:
    the junkyard of love and sex advice

I nominate these as new forum headers.

In fact, I demand it--if it does not happen I will lay my most dangerous No Contact Zone game on all of you.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    DrWu said:

Announcing that you are not looking to be in a relationship is like posting that you are quitting an internet message board.

I'm not the type that get involved in long relationships (Why!?)
    Takin' trips and buyin' gifts
    I'm sorry I'm not on that tip (What!?)
    If you want romance
    You should just stick to who you already with (Okay!?)
    If you in that mood you can just hit me on that late nite tip (Ooh!)

(I need a coach bag!)
    I can't be even doin' it
    (I need my hair done!)
    Me too, i ain't got nothin' to do with it

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    bassie said:
    Computer Love University

bassie said:
    the junkyard of love and sex advice

I nominate these as new forum headers.

In fact, I demand it--if it does not happen I will lay my most dangerous No Contact Zone game on all of you.

What, nothing for "Seismic Vagina Tremors" or whatever that shit was?

b/w

I don't think this thread can improve past Danno's cameo. Might be time to put it to bed.

• hermes1hermes1 109 Posts
    button said:
    mannybolone said:
    Sween said:
    All this

and sorry but I'm not posting her photo for 3000 love starved pervs to drool over, or for haters and trolls to open her up to critique.

... not til its OFFICIALLY over anyways

infact, i've got an apologetic email in my inbox right now

Looks like the No Contact Zone induced the usual Pavlovian response.

It is of the utmost importance that you gain the upper hand with a woman, whether in a relationship or out of it, especially if she is hotter than you. The partner with hand is the partner who governs the direction of the relationship. Would you rather be the ruler or the ruled? And don???t bother clinging like a baby chimp to comforting but nebulous concepts like ???relationship exactness and complementarity??? that are dear to the equalist nancyboy brigade. There is no such thing as even hand in relationships. Sexual equilibrium is an unstable state that lures women to push the relationship into chaos. This helps explain why 70-80% of divorces are initiated by the wives.

So you???ve seduced a girl who is conventionally out of your league straight into bed. Your game established your power over her and your sexual prowess helped buttress her initial positive impression of you. But now, there you are, lying in bed in sweaty post-coital bliss, and you look over at a ravishingly beautiful girl you know has nearly limitless options in the sexual market, and who might even be banging another man and is just using you to tickle a tingle, and you wonder to yourself ???What can I do RIGHT NOW to guarantee hand over this woman????

Well, here???s a little something I learned in grade school.

After sex, most likely she will want to cuddle (lawyer chicks and MBA grads excluded). When she is rolling over to you for that expected warm embrace, you gently stop her and move her arms back over to her side of the bed. Then you say:

???Could you sleep on your side of the bed tonight? I don???t have those feelings right now.???

Pause for effect. If her lip quivers, but she makes no sound, you struck gold.

Now, soften the blow.

???Don???t take it personally. I don't know you that well, yet, and I usually don???t warm up to someone right away. It takes time. You understand.???

For further softening, you may want to yawn heavily, smile, and add: ???Plus, I need space when I sleep.???

The above is guaranteed to give you the upper hand with your amour for at least six months, or your money back. You will now be free to fart loudly in her company and eat hoagies while she blows you without repercussion.

WARNING!

This is the hydrogen bomb of hand maneuvers. Use sparingly, and only use on women who are above your league. If you drop this ego-blasting, pussy-busting, heart-palpitating bomb on a girl who already cherishes you and looks up to you in wide-eyed awe, you risk having her burst into tears. Lemme tell ya, it ain???t easy.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    button said:
    Lazer takes soulstrut mad serious..

nah........i love joking and clowning as much as the next guy, but it seems like you're asking for serious advice. .i guess soulstut has changed over the years, and i kinda liked better it when it was more about records. i think it's definately the wrong forum for vague relationship advice. but it is what it is and it is what its contributors make it to be. and i love soulstrut.

if you're really hung up on this whole "girl outta my league" thing, you should see a professional councilor/therapist.

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts
    dude described the girl as 'dynamic'. for some reason that is completely hilarious to me.

also, why would you share this shit with complete strangers?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Most folks never even get to taste caviar