sorry about the ace photography

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    pretty busy weekend..
    pulled some dub 12s at the flea yesterday

also pulled a huge stack of a3 size fan posters from the 60s

and some wax

but the ultimate find of the weekend was.. this:

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Here are a few finds from the Arbutus record show here in B-More.

The Philadelphia record is a sealed OG. This is my first and only copy. Is it worth keeping and opening??? Dude only charged me $20 for that and the Odetta in Japan, which is MINT. Not a bad deal. The rest of these were between $2-$5 a piece. Pretty good day!!

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Breez said:

was headed about to head down there when I got a call that a friend was at Central Booking, and waiting for him to get processed ate up my day.

Hope the show was fun!

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Last week's keepers -

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Breez said:

The Philadelphia record is a sealed OG.

breezy....i like the philadelphia record a lot. i think its a version of summer breeze that has a sick sick intro. a couple other good cuts/cover songs on there. for the love of money? i forget.
    i dont think its really worth a lot of dough tho, even tho it doesnt pop up a lot. id say crack it and keep it.
    odetta in japan is koto licious!!!

i like that bobby shad too

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    stoked:

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:

Nice finds. Did you find the Kai Hyttinen LP from Vancouver?

• all from vancouver (from the personal stash of rob the viking of local rap group swollen members)

is that kai record worth anything?

• dope; i see you got the johnson hawkins tatum & durr 45. i just found that recently myself for cheap. from what I've heard it's pretty hard to find. i scored some good 45 finds too; maxayn 'check out your mind', lee moses 'time & place', brenda & the tabulatons ' the touch of you', eddie senay 'hot thang'& buddy lamp 'where have you been' amongst a whole sh*tload that would take up a lot of time just naming. but yea definitely a dope 45.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    slow, rainy morning here so I finally got to sort through the 45s from the last couple of weeks, mixture of mailbox & real world finds.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• very nice collection; recent finds or stuff you've had? I never sleep on elvis. holla at me if you've got doubles of the hassles 45 been lookin for that one...

• InnerSpaceInnerSpace 443 Posts
    Planete Sauvage- OST
    Clifford Jordan - Glass Bead Games
    Beatles - Ain't She Sweet
    Beatles - some green covered album on MGM
    Couple of Chappell Librarys
    Norman Connors- You are My Starship
    Barbarian and the Geisha OST
    Some sick classical by Janos Starker
    and Shaft OST on Stax!

It was a good weekend.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    ran into this yesterday, thought i'd post it for the few heads on here whos up on the various Hair albums.
    This particular one i had not seen before, and a different approach, a commercial record for a shampoo featuring yet another version of the well known musical, this ones from sweden..

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Got the following bits using store credit in London shops:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Finally got this long time want from a friend in Amsterdam. Must have played it 20 times already!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    llmod1, I can't believe you found that Drama Suite at a shop. I'm jealous, good find!!

• had to travel out to the burbs to get these but it was worth the trip:

the love album (w/doggone), incredible bongo band, diamond mercenaries, assagai and chapter 3 are all dupes on the trade block...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts

All Mint Moogers

And that Ingram record Iv'e been after for a minute...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    llmod1 said:

Finally got this long time want from a friend in Amsterdam. Must have played it 20 times already!

What's this like? Looks cool.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Great funky folky vocal LP.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    looks like Kala took some of these pics...still cant get a grasp on my new camera

(this LP has the most delightful typo/mistake on the back...it says one track is a cover of Bobby Freeman's "come on and swim" but is actually a break filled cover of Bobby's much tougher "S-W-I-M")

nice finds, love that Ultra Sonic label. I could never get down with James Ray on Caprice, I think I've bought & then got rid of that 45 something like 3 times now.

holmes said:
    nice finds, love that Ultra Sonic label. I could never get down with James Ray on Caprice, I think I've bought & then got rid of that 45 something like 3 times now.

I dig a couple of his tunes...I especially like his OG version "Ive got my mind set on you". I have started to dig the somewhat square sound of big band pop soul. I like James Ray, he reminds me of a cross between Bobby Bland and Chuck Jackson...gets the feeling across with some mellow smoothness

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    looked at an amazing 45 collection. guy wanted 75k for it. wouldn't go lower. let's just say i had to pass....

my weekend find was a man's insanity/dream

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    behemoth said:
    looked at an amazing 45 collection. guy wanted 75k for it. wouldn't go lower. let's just say i had to pass....

my weekend find was a man's insanity/dream

i meant biggest 45 collection. i looked through about 4-5 boxes and it had really good looking stuff. it was about 22,000 records

sweet version, is the whole thing like that or a one tracker?