how do you listen to music

qwertyqwerty 32 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
i was thinking about how i like to listen to my music. i like to close my door and turn the lights off maybe light a candel if i have one and put my headphones on. it is the best way best if i have all the cushons on my floor and i can stretch out.

i do listen to my ipod when i am on the streets but i am distracted from the music and the peoples moths can make funny patterns withy the songs but it is best with a candel and a cushon and the dark.

i dont dance. sometimes my hands move but i like to not dance.

how do you listen to your music?

Comments

• qwertyqwerty 32 Posts
    you are quiet here.ok, i continue. my favorite position is to smoke a joint, i like a bong too but i like a joint too then i put onmy relaxing clothes and take all the cushons from the rooms and place them on the floor in front of the record. i take the record and put it on the player and first i look at cover not stoned then i smoke the weed and then look again, it is new angle. then i lie on the cushons with my headphones on and read the cover.

if i am hot i take off my shirt and smoke more then i am cold again and i put on shirt. music on cushons so i can sleep but then i must wake up for side two! haha.

• muggimuggi Reykjavík, Iceland 44 Posts
    Hey yeah man, hit the bong man. Peace. Yo.

• qwertyqwerty 32 Posts
    yes, but i spill the bong on the cushon and my sister hit me. joint is more relaxing for her but if i want to smoke bong i will just be carefull i am not a bitch.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    youre quickly losing grip on the character

• qwertyqwerty 32 Posts
    i am not a character, i am real. sorry if i offended you i had some wine and was a bit excited. im actually chill. i will go and listen to my records in a while.

• i need tips on picking good relaxing clothes. please give me your recommendations and post pics.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    qwerty said:

how do you listen to your music?

Naked while eating peanut butter, wearing my mood ring and holding my pet rock. But then again it depends if the music I'm listening to has any cowbells. I love cowbells!!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Qwerty,

I listen to music sitting on the couch, wearing a smoking jacket and slippers, while sipping on Grand Marnier.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I feel you, qwerty.
    I only shop in record stores that carry candles (or conversely, candle shops that sell records).
    My record-to-candle ratio has to be just right or I'm not listening to shit.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    usually in the car going to and from work.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Since I am out of town alot, whenever possible since I pretty much listen to just about everything on vinyl now.
    Attached files

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Through blaring computer speakers, while I sit on the couch topless, rocking bacn and forth and eating a block of cheese that I bought earlier from the supermarket "bargain bin".

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    My speakers are hooked to a pulse transmitter and a hot-tub. I tweak the EQs until the music is nothing but bass rumble and get in the tub. It is filled with a mixture of water, jell-o and mayonaise for maximum bass transfer power and kept at 4C to ensure thickness of the water. After a purification ceremony and chakra-opening manouvre I am ready to enter what I call the "Body Resonance Chamber of Immersed Conciousnezz, Yo"

After one or two LPs I eat the jell-o.

• qwertyqwerty 32 Posts
    haha you jokers. i like Grandma too Big Stacks, when she comes to visit i get wobbly if you know what i mean. it is a fine drink far superior to cognag did you know it is made from oranges? crazy.

it is fine to sip

• qwertyqwerty 32 Posts
    Cosmophonic said:
    My speakers are hooked to a pulse transmitter and a hot-tub. I tweak the EQs until the music is nothing but bass rumble and get in the tub. It is filled with a mixture of water, jell-o and mayonaise for maximum bass transfer power and kept at 4C to ensure thickness of the water. After a purification ceremony and chakra-opening manouvre I am ready to enter what I call the "Body Resonance Chamber of Immersed Conciousnezz, Yo"

After one or two LPs I eat the jell-o.

this is great. i laughing so loud when i read it that i nearly fall off the chair.

• qwertyqwerty 32 Posts
    PABLO said:
    I feel you, qwerty.
    I only shop in record stores that carry candles (or conversely, candle shops that sell records).
    My record-to-candle ratio has to be just right or I'm not listening to shit.

yes. there is one shop in london by the soho area that has candels and records, it is more candels but sometimes i have found good records, they had a record called ufo. do you know it? it is crazy, the guy told me to burn candels and listen to it, it was great. the candels are dear though, 5 qwid for three, they are bee wax but it think it is too much.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    phatmoneysack said:
    Through blaring computer speakers, while I sit on the couch topless, rocking bacn and forth and eating a block of cheese that I bought earlier from the supermarket "bargain bin".

Before we go any further, I'd just like to point out how disturbing it is that you equate eating a block of cheese with some sort of bachelor paradise.

Me, I'm usually listening to music buck naked on a red velvet couch, with swedish women massaging me, peeling grapes and feeding me them, inbetween turning sides on my vg (++) Leo Sayer and Sergio Mendes albums. I'll take a break now and then to do pushups, while contemplating the issue of white labels vs nightclubs.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I don't listen to music, I live music. On a daily basis.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    qwerty said:
    sometimes my hands move but i like to not dance.

PASUE

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    qwerty said:
    if i am hot i take off my shirt andthen i am cold again and i put on shirt

Real talk.

Feeling this thread. Cosign on listening to music while wearing a mood ring. Why listen blind? First time I ever dipped acid, I heard for this first time both Eddy Grant's "Electric Avenue" and Led Zepplin's "No Quarter." I was in this dude's basement looking up at the paneled ceiling tiles and it felt like that moment in Star Wars when the Millennium Falcon started to attack the Death Star and started zipping in and out of all of those grooves. It was like, How did I not see all the small variations in the tiles -- it's like a city up there -- and just a little while ago it appeared flat.

Nowadays, I prefer to listen to music in the guise of another Harrison Ford sci-fi classique -- Deckard: MP3 jamming, eating a bowl of pho, outdoors on a busy city street, shielding myself from an acid rain bath. And Vangelis, nothing but Vangelis. Or maybe Caribou's latest record, but that's it.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    He doesn't listen to music, music listens to him.

Fluffed cushions follow his ass cheeks like servants.

He doesn't light candles, candles light him.

When he takes his shirt off, it stays off...until he puts it back on.

He's the most interesting poster on soulstrut.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    qwerty said:
    i like to close my door and turn the lights off maybe light a candel if i have one and put my headphones on. it is the best way best if i have all the cushons on my floor and i can stretch out.

Similar to qwerty, I sit alone in my four-cornered room staring at candles.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    qwerty said:
    i like to close my door and turn the lights off maybe light a candel if i have one and put my headphones on. it is the best way best if i have all the cushons on my floor and i can stretch out.

Similar to qwerty, I sit alone in my four-cornered room staring at candles.

Any less than 3 corners and it's not really a room, right?

• qwertyqwerty 32 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    He doesn't listen to music, music listens to him.

Fluffed cushions follow his ass cheeks like servants.

He doesn't light candles, candles light him.

When he takes his shirt off, it stays off...until he puts it back on.

He's the most interesting poster on soulstrut.

haha, you crazy guy, i like you harvey, you are cool.

i am not so interesting though, i am just me, i just do my thing, and right now my thing is being away from fucking london it is a shit town, i am back in NEDERLAND! we won 2-1!!! brazilie are beaten by our boys. hahaha. i will be having a party tonight. there will be crazy times and i might even dance. crazy i know but this is legend.

• sakedelicsakedelic 247 Posts
    with my right ear

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    I listen alone, with headphones.
    And I only listen to 15-20 seconds of any one song before skipping to another, only the part I like of the song.
    And NO INTERRUPTIONS. Otherwise back to the beginning of the part I was listening to.

• qwertyqwerty 32 Posts
    BigK said:
    And I only listen to 15-20 seconds of any one song before skipping to another, only the part I like of the song.
    And NO INTERRUPTIONS. Otherwise back to the beginning of the part I was listening to.

this is effeicent but you might be missing amazing new music. i like to force my listen, if i am not enjoying it i will keep going and sometimes there is a golden reward. other times it is all bad and i am not angry because now i know.

what do yo0uthink of insence or aroma oils? i am not a hippy and i hate insence so i like aroma oils. lemongrass and orange are great, insence is too thick and the house smells.

• BigKBigK 97 Posts
    qwerty said:
    BigK said:

this is effeicent but you might be missing amazing new music. i like to force my listen, if i am not enjoying it i will keep going and sometimes there is a golden reward. other times it is all bad and i am not angry because now i know.

Word, what sometimes happens is I never get passed a certain part of a song, and I tell someone that song x is my favorite song and they're like, oh song x, dope, especially the line about so and so, and I'm like, what? And it's because it's further along in the song than I normally get to

Mad hectic I tell you, mad hectic

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    sakedelic said:
    with my right ear

"Never on the left 'cos the right's my good ear"

Other way round for me.
    I always use my left ear for cueing when mixing (headphones), the right ear for master volume, which I think means that the right side of my brain is in control of the left side of my body for DJing.