Relationship Strut: How to Get Rid of an Ex

2»

Comments

• Almond said:
    In real life, I'm harmless and kind of dumb.

Oh really?
    PM SENT
    HOLLER.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    shawnald_reagan said:
    Almond said:
    In real life, I'm harmless and kind of dumb.

Oh really?
    PM SENT
    HOLLER.

Haha, not that dumb.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    almond you strike me as rather indiscreet. not uncommon amongst girls in their early 20's these days but in general you may want to watch that and tighten it up. i'm not saying you are tweeting your every move, i wouldn't know, but it sounds like you are turning it too loose from your posts here. i remember you posting here about when you got in trouble at your job for putting stuff on your facebook page that upset your boss, leaving yourself very open to this guy via all manner of internet and phone channels. speaking from personal experience you might consider curbing your electronic footprint that makes you a bit of a sitting duck for this dude if he's really not leaving you alone and you'd like for him to do so. discretion and privacy are really valuable especially as a woman.
    if you really want him to stop looking for ways to connect with you, increase your privacy, cut him off like herm said and don't allow him so many avenues to obtain info and cheap thrills about you and your life and your whereabouts.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    AKallDay said:
    almond you strike me as rather indiscreet. not uncommon amongst girls in their early 20's these days but in general you may want to watch that and tighten it up. i'm not saying you are tweeting your every move, i wouldn't know, but it sounds like you are turning it too loose from your posts here. i remember you posting here about when you got in trouble at your job for putting stuff on your facebook page that upset your boss, leaving yourself very open to this guy via all manner of internet and phone channels. speaking from personal experience you might consider curbing your electronic footprint that makes you a bit of a sitting duck for this dude if he's really not leaving you alone and you'd like for him to do so. discretion and privacy are really valuable especially as a woman.
    if you really want him to stop looking for ways to connect with you, increase your privacy, cut him off like herm said and don't allow him so many avenues to obtain info and cheap thrills about you and your life and your whereabouts.

This is excellent advice, AKallDay!!! "Discretion is the better part of valor."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    AKallDay said:

The ex I mentioned only has access to me through my phone number, and Verizon only blocks numbers for 3 months at a time. He does not have access to me online. The things he says to me are mostly in the voice messages/texts (which I ignore) and stuff he says to mutual friends. I'm not "indiscreet" enough to leave "so many avenues" open to someone I want to avoid contact with. The only reason I started this thread was to get advice after I took the steps you mentioned. My major qualm are that his is still "hung up" for no reason.

However, I'll take your advice and be more careful in general, and I appreciate your two cents.