Most Annoying Current Slang Word to You

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
For me, it's gotta be...bestie.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I heard an 70 year old woman misuse 'Pop Yo Collar' like 'Kick Your Ass'.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    A popular soulstrutism-beastin. It's annoying.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    "Dead ass"

I don't ever want to hear anyone saying that.

The_Non said:

Hasnt Beastin has been around for a minute.

Ive always heard it on the b-ball court.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I've been hearing some people say "what happened?" in place of "what did you say?" There was this one guy who used the phrase all the time in his faux ghetto accent. I always wanted to yell, "nothing happened! Just pass me the damn stapler."

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    "Real talk."

The phrase doesn't bother me, but its misuse does. I've been seeing people tack it onto the end of texts and stuff, like it's the new "lol."

And speaking of LOLZ, why do people put a LOL at end of everything. "Woke up late, still need to shower, LOL." Or, "Drank too much and now I'm uber hung over, LOL." None of that stuff is worth lolling to.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The worst now and forever...

"I could care less"

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Bling.

Blap.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    batmon said:
    The_Non said:

Hasnt Beastin has been around for a minute.

Ive always heard it on the b-ball court.

Yah, me too. Still hattin on it.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Almond said:
    "Real talk."

The phrase doesn't bother me, but its misuse does. I've been seeing people tack it onto the end of texts and stuff, like it's the new "lol."

And speaking of LOLZ, why do people put a LOL at end of everything. "Woke up late, still need to shower, LOL." Or, "Drank too much and now I'm uber hung over, LOL." None of that stuff is worth lolling to.
    YES! So effin' tired of hearing fools say "real t" after every goddamn thing they say... "I want pepperoni, real t" "I need to go to the restroom, real t" STFU

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    "Dead ass"

I don't ever want to hear anyone saying that.

*cringe* Easily the worst that I've heard recently.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I can't stand "real talk"...especially when "for real" still works better.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    donk

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    I can't stand "real talk"...especially when "for real" still works better.

Real talk!

I don't mind it. Not many people in my circle use the term unless the situation absolutely demands it. And then, I only think of Kellz. But I do agree -- for common, everyday use "for real" is going to get the job done. Overuse of even the most on-point slang words will wear them out like a pair of jeans from Old Navy.

I will say that a lot of energy and weather reporters have started to toss around the term "monster" in front of the just-started "hurricane season." Unfathomable man-made disaster notwithstanding, let's not put the cart before the horse, if you are picking up what I'm putting down.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Oh yeah, can't stand when folks use the term "dro"...when they clearly don't even know what it means, i.e. not every weed even slightly better than bricked Mexican dirt weed is dro. Hell, not even every top flight weed is dro for that matter.

Never liked a bong being called a "bubbler" either.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Every time there is a bad piece of economic news, it is prefaced by "surprising" or "unexpectedly". "Housing starts took a surprising downturn," "unemployment numbers unexpectly jump." Its been like 18 months of recession, how can it still be a surprise?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Not crazy about "icey". Kinda tired.

DOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sabadabada said:
    Every time there is a bad piece of economic news, it is prefaced by "surprising" or "unexpectedly". "Housing starts took a surprising downturn," "unemployment numbers unexpectly jump." Its been like 18 months of recession, how can it still be a surprise?

Really just means "unexpectedly missed expectations," i.e. Home starts were expected to rise 3 percent from last year's shit-tastic desert of a housing market but only rose 2.3 percent! Oh my god!

white_tea said:
    sabadabada said:

Really just means "unexpectedly missed expectations," i.e. Home starts were expected to rise 3 percent from last year's shit-tastic desert of a housing market but only rose 2.3 percent! Oh my god!

Of course it means it missed expectations, that would pretty much be the definition of "surprising" or "unexpectedly" wouldn't it. The question is why, after 18 months, people haven't lowered their expectations?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    white_tea said:
    sabadabada said:

Of course it means it missed expectations, that would pretty much be the definition of "surprising" or "unexpectedly" wouldn't it. The question is why, after 18 months, people haven't lowered their expectations?

• i heavily ride for "finna" and "ham"

dope has to go

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    batmon said:
    DOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dope is still alive with the youth of LA. Always throws me off. lol

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I am so sick of hearing hipsters describe everything as "amaaaaazing."

"Oh my god...I had an amaaaaazing omelette at brunch yesterday."

hogginthefogg said:

or how people from england and ireland say "brilliant." that really chaps my ass too.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:

This has been near the top of my list for close to a decade, beginning with, "How was your semester abroad?"

"Amaaaaazing, I got drunk and/or got ethnic."

sabadabada said:
    white_tea said:
    sabadabada said:

The point I was trying to make is that it's a pretty narrow range of estimates and the real data, for the most part, falls within that range. Not sure if the news channels do the best job is expressing that to the audience. It's not like the analyst community, or whoever is doing the estimating, is that far off.

Cosign on "brilliant" -- that word means nothing if you have any hint on a British or similar accent.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    tonydanzatechniq said:
    i heavily ride for "finna" and "ham"

dope has to go

"Saving "finna" and ditching "dope?" That's intrepid, god!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    It appears to be fading already but the term "wet" for something good as in "Those shoes are hella wet." what a fuckin stupid slang term.