World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Cole, A. and Milner are fucking immense.

b/w

Six West Ham/ex-West Ham on the park.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Yeah, Cashley is a cnut, but a brilliant player.

Slovenia haven't been bad, they just haven't comitted many players forward. Still think they could nick a goal if we're not careful.

• ten minutes plus stoppages for USA to find something...

nzshadow said:
    didnt Terry shag Joe Coles missus or something, was that someone else?

I think Terry always gets picked on the basis that none of the other players would trust him back in England with their wives.

It was Wayne Bridge's ex that he knobbed. And Carragher's dad & uncle that knobbed Terry's mum. It gets complicated.

If we hold on to this result, I don't think we should congratulate ourselves too much. Our best player is clearly out of sorts, and we've played terrible football today.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    nzshadow said:
    didnt Terry shag Joe Coles missus or something, was that someone else?

I think Terry always gets picked on the basis that none of the other players would trust him back in England with their wives.

It was Wayne Bridge's ex that he knobbed. And Carragher's dad & uncle that knobbed Terry's mum. It gets complicated.

If we hold on to this result, I don't think we should congratulate ourselves too much. Our best player i sclearly out of sorts, and we've played terrible football today.

yeesh.

i agree with your take on the English performance/Rooney etc.

unimpressive, 1 point against Slovenia... cmon fellas... really?

Lampard with the break, the run, the jog, the walk, the dive.

cunt.

jammy bastards

And for the last ten mins, we've reverted to hoofing it up the pitch, which is where we always come undone against decent opposition.
    If we draw Germany, they'll muller us.

We were shit, but did enough. It won't be enough in the next round.

• good work, USA!

right at the death.

slovenia must be gutted.

THAT'S MORE LIKE IT.

B/W

GO USA

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    right as i switch off the england game
    US SCORES!

USA scored!
    They top the group.

We get the Germans?

We're fucked. Plan A, hoof it and hope. Plan B, hoof it and hope.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Right as the annoucer says algeria still have a chance to spoil the party
    RED CARD

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• unityunity 179 Posts
    I RIDE!

• U.S. seems to love playing suspense soccer. But if England thinks that they've accomplished something with that win, there's still questions that needs to be answered. Such as, "Where is Rooney?!" As for Slovenia, I truly feel for them. To be on top one moment and then out the next.

Duder, I have to disagree that we were shit. I thought we played some good football today. Lampard was rotten, I concede, but despite the misgivings about Capello's tactics, he got it right today. Milner was man of the match by a mile, Cole proved he's probably the best left back in Europe, if not the world, and they really did look like a side who'd learnt a lesson or two after the last game.

Mention in dispatches for Upson, Johnson (whose pace was no issue at all) and Terry, who I absolutely despise, but who was tremendous in the second half.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DocMcCoy said:
    Duder, I have to disagree that we were shit. I thought we played some good football today. Lampard was rotten, I concede, but despite the misgivings about Capello's tactics, he got it right today. Milner was man of the match by a mile, Cole proved he's probably the best left back in Europe, if not the world, and they really did look like a side who'd learnt a lesson or two after the last game.

Mention in dispatches for Upson, Johnson (whose pace was no issue at all) and Terry, who I absolutely despise, but who was tremendous in the second half.

Valiant rear-guard action is part and parcel of the English team. They're that shit at keeping the ball that opponents will always get the chance to test our defenders, who all played well. But it's the midfield that should control a game, and it's our weakest area. Milner was good out wide, Gerrard did more than he has in a few games, but if he wasn't St Steven of Me? I think he'd have been subbed. Barry was great for most of the game, but made the occasional error of judgement that could've led to goals. Lampard being in the squad seems to be the biggest example of a (wrongful) sense of entitlement. He plays for Chelsea, so he must be good for the England team.
    I'd love to see both Gerrard & Lampard dropped in favour of Joe Cole & Barry in the middle, with a pick of Milner, Lennon or SWP out wide...
    we'll see what happens against Germany, but I can't see Capello changing anything, so we'll be out of the tournament unless a sea change in player belief and ability occurs between now and Sunday :-/

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Cole proved he's probably the best left back in Europe, if not the world.

LAGER LAGER LAGER!

By this logic, Landon Donovan is the world's greatest No 10

• DocMcCoy said:
    Milner was man of the match by a mile

Optajoe stat: James Milner only found a team-mate with one of his nine crosses, but it was the assist for Jermain Defoe's goal.

I can see the case for Lampard getting dropped, but it's unlikely to happen. As for Gerrard (and remember I'm one of those LFC fans who doesn't think the sun shines out of his arse), he at least gives Capello a number of options, which can't really be said about Fat Frank.

We didn't really suffer from the anticipated lack of width, I thought. In fact, we seemed much more incisive with Milner and Ashley Cole out wide than we did when SWP and Lennon were in the same positions.

BigSpliff said:
    DocMcCoy said:

LAGER LAGER LAGER!

Hahaha!

Nah, Joe Holt Humdinger with Jim Beam Black & ginger ale chasers for me.

Cole is undoubtedly an ur-cunt, but on his day (of which today was one) he does the overlapping full-back thing better than just about anyone else on this side of the Atlantic.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    Baldy comes through in the clutch! Not feeling that line ref's elbows though.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    BigSpliff said:
    DocMcCoy said:

LAGER LAGER LAGER!

Hahaha!

Nah, Joe Holt Humdinger with Jim Beam Black & ginger ale chasers for me.

Cole is undoubtedly an ur-cunt, but on his day (of which today was one) he does the overlapping full-back thing better than just about anyone else on this side of the Atlantic.

I'll agree somewhat as today and many times in the past he has shown what a Premiership player should really look like in an England shirt.

With a bit of luck, he'll be facing Lahm in the next round.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    If I were England manager..

I would play 2 proper wingers. Drop Gary Barry (if we want to play attacking football), or either Lamps or Me Me.

We're too one sided with Gerard on the wing. Both Gerard and Lampard have proved they can only be effective in the middle, behind the strikers.

Oh, and never play SWP again.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    such a great goal, and a great finish for the US in this first round. WE FINALLY MADE IT!

Donovan was choking up during the BBC interview. He seemed genuinely overwhelmed by what they'd achieved.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    USA USA USA!!!!!

superstoked, homey's going to stay home from work the rest of the day (you know I have the whole day, erm, free) and we'll watch how the opponents will shake out. Obviously terrified of Germany, although it'd be sweet to get them back.

Rooting for a wins in these next games, with most definitely a Serbia victory.

USA USA USA!!!

Clint Dempsey got the bloody lip, which is going to play well in some Rambo looking story, but he missed at least 2.3 goals. Two on one play alone. I don't want to hear schitt about the offsides call that disallowed another goal, either: WINNERS WIN.

although in the final minutes, when the ref sent off the Algerian dood for his second yellow card, he got the wrong guy. Which was also wack.

USA USA USA!!!

"deserved to win" is one of those things Americans have trouble with, I think...if they watched this game, I hope they'll understand...