Favorite One Verse Phantom MC's

SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central

Unicron-I know now its Del but had no clue back then and was hoping for a full length

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Hood.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Whos the dude on YZ's Acid rain track...on the bside to the Ghetto Been Good To Me 12... I always thought that dude killeed YZ on the track... 'big ups to YZ your an ugly mutharfucker but I love ya!"...even disses the dude on his own track hehehehe

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts

i now know this is devin the dude, but I was hoping for a full length

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    Sunfade said:

I always thought Vanilla Shake chewed him.

that's gotta be fashion of the beatnuts, or at least ghost written by him.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Fieldtrip.

• tecatetecate 73 Posts
    Farmer Man is Imani, I don't know why I remember that being the deal he would sometimes do freestyles as 'Farmer Man'

• HamHam 872 Posts

G-Depp. always loved his verse....guess he dropped some 12s too

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Ham said:

G-Depp. always loved his verse....guess he dropped some 12s too

Isn't that the same dude who later scored a big hit with his own Special Delivery?

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Yeah G-Dep had an album on bad boy and everything, the "Head Over Wheels" 12" is pretty good, "Special Delivery" was a pretty big hit, the remix had one of my favorite lines ever 'Oxymoron don't be dumb/ I school ni***s like the united negro college fund" courtesy of Keith Murray.

peace,xavier

• M.A.R.S.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Herm said:
    Hood.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    MC Skat Kat had a full-length, so nobody say him.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    highscheme said:

i now know this is devin the dude, but I was hoping for a full length

A Quasimoto-style Zeldar album might the only hope of breaking the Dude from his rut/slump.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Maybe Snagglepuss on Bran Nubian's "Step Into Da Ciper". Sheer hip hop hilaaaaarity

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Mjukis said:

A Quasimoto-style Zeldar album might the only hope of breaking the Dude from his rut/slump.

???

The Dude is straight, always doing sold out shows, in Texas, in Vancouver, in Europe, etc....which is where the money is. He's also finally free from the chains of Rap-A-Lot, but for the type of artist he is...I'm not sure that's going to change his music all that much, as going for bigger/better things industry-wise will only make his music suffer.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    G Dep is far from a one-verse MC...

^^ Damn man this joint kind of kills it in retrospect. Shorties doing the shake FTW

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    ^^ Diddy had his hand in many good hip hop releases, dudes like to act like he came and killed hip hop w/ the shiny suits, but he was releasing some grimey full lengths that hold up well. I was just listening to Black Rob's debut and thinking how solid it was. G-dep's album was a bit more spotty but still pretty decent.

peace,xavier