Rest in peace, Manute Bol.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    for real. more than a player, dude was a great humanitarian.

RIP

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    I forgot all about his tall ass. Him the tallest, Spud the shortest. R.I.P.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    damn that sucks, RIP

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    To quote some dude on Twitter, "Most NBA cats go broke on cars, jewelry & groupies. Manute Bol went broke building hospitals. #RIPManute"

• His legacy will not only be remembered on the basketball court, but will live on through the lives of the many people he helped save with his humanitarian efforts. Truly a giant amongst men in more ways than one. Rest well.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    To quote some dude on Twitter, "Most NBA cats go broke on cars, jewelry & groupies. Manute Bol went broke building hospitals. #RIPManute"

i saw that too! Nice one sentence summary of the man. RIP Manute

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Great dude, smart, funny, good-hearted, and totally willing to do crap like Celebrity Boxing in order to get money to help Sudan. He might be remembered for being insanely tall, but his height is dwarfed by his humanitarianism. RIP.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    A better man than most RIP

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I seem to remember reading that the only reason he played basketball was to make money to help his people, and that he was in constant pain by the end of his career. He had rheumatism, survived a terrible car crash and died a painful death. What a shame that a guy with such a big heart suffered so much.

Plus he coined the phrase 'my bad'.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    RIP.

Manute and Muggsy-

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    RIP, when i followed basketball i was always in awe of how someone could actually be that tall.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    awww man....i love Manute.
    Rest in Peace to a real giant.
    a legend and icon in my book

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    shoot shoot shoot SHOOT :shut:

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    My dad just gave me his Manute Bol Bullets - AMTRak "give away" jersey he used to rock the other day, bad omen.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I gotta rap sheet that's longer than Manute Bol
    RIP to the big humanitarian.

• no doubt that is some sad news. R.I.P.

• G_Balliando said:
    RIP.

Manute and Muggsy-

I used to trip out when i saw photos of them together

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    RIP

One of my favorite Pro-Basketball moments of all time was seeing him live at a Golden State Warriors game in the late 80s. He was going nuts with the 3 point attempts but only hitting about 20%, so when he put up a three in a close game, the entire Oakland Coliseum Arena cried with one voice "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!", but when it drained the entire place went berzerkowitz on a massive scale.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I thought some b-ball highlights would be appropriate:

My favorites are at 1:00 and 1:50. I was also obsessed with his 3-point shot as a kid.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Horseleech said:

Source?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Horseleech said:

Source?

http://askville.amazon.com/person-start-made-mistake/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=3841229

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/002693.html

Whether he is the first human to utter the phrase is, of course, unknowable, but it's pretty clear he is responsible for it becoming widespread

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Horseleech said:

Source?

http://askville.amazon.com/person-start-made-mistake/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=3841229

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/002693.html

Whether he is the first human to utter the phrase is, of course, unknowable, but it's pretty clear he is responsible for it becoming widespread

some homies from cali back in the late 80's had told me "my bad" started out as "my bust."

ANYwho, RIP, dude was a great dude.