Eddie Kendricks fans?

Comments

• The People Hold On Chair needs to be procured BEFORE it hits eBay.
    It should be followed by a flat-bed truck purchase and

the two can tour the nation parade style, leaving a wake of gassed message board drones[/b].
    This would make my meaningless life complete!

The SS version of the Biz Doll...whose gonna organize this?

plaese oh god, are you kidding me?

SOULSTRUT NEEDS TO OWN THIS CHAIR.

I'll chip in to purchase it for the Soul Strut mansion. $10 gets you a pic of yourself seated in the chair next time you're in Raj's neck of the woods.

Im in.

I'm in for a jackson, to start...

• autezautez 404 Posts
    dsasdf

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    gassed message board drones

I'd like to think that this isn't *sob* directed at me. This is as lark as lark.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I doubt I'll win it , but if I do, can someone in the area please pick this up for me?

• I doubt I'll win it , but if I do, can someone in the area please pick this up for me?

i still contend that we should all pitch in so this is won...Cos, I'm in for at least $20 to start...it then lives in NYC ( a good, central locale that most strutters hit on an annual basis) and you can stop in to get your pic taken, and it becomes the SS Biz doll and shit...

• BeekBeek 146 Posts
    Yeah, if there's a SS bid on the chair, I'm down for $30.

• Put me down for $20. Soulstrut should own this chair for sure. NYC is cool... I'll be out there again soon.

• QUICK CLARIFICATION: as i was pushing for the SS bid, that would be in conjunction with the Cosmobaker bid. as cos lives in NYC, i was kind of pushing him (without asking) into hosting the chair if we all pitch in. This was NOT an effort to outbid one of our own on this most important eBay auction.

Cos, if this is all a non-starter, let us know and we can call this off. If however, you are into this idea...Well...People...hold on. We got a chair to win.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i'm down, but this might hit 10Gs.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    The Young Senators[/b]

"The Senators In Session/ 7th And T" (Swami 008)
    "Ringing Bells (Sweet Music)/ Pt. 2" (Innovation RI-2955)
    "Jungle/ That???s The Way It Is" (Innovation RI-3138)
    "Boogie Music/ Boogie Music (Inst.)" (Epic 50218)
    "Ride The Tide/ Same" (Epic 50281) 1

• i'm down, but this might hit 10Gs.

dunno man...i mean, that stereo cabinet is now a BIN for $750...I think we could cop this...

• i'm down, but this might hit 10Gs.

I dunno, my roommate was the high bidder on the stereo system at like $300. He didn't hit the reserve, and the seller never replied to his emails.

edit* didn't notice that the stero is now up for a BIN price of $750.

SoulStrut needs this chair for real. I have no problem chipping in to help Cos win it, but I was thinking it also might be a nice collective gift to Raj on behalf of the rest of us for being the progenitor of this ridiculous fairyland...and for consequentially ruining many of our lives.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    SoulStrut needs this chair for real. I have no problem chipping in to help Cos win it, but I was thinking it also might be a nice collective gift to Raj on behalf of the rest of us for being the progenitor of this ridiculous fairyland...and for consequentially ruining many of our lives.

OKeh. Let's organize this shit. Let's get a new thread stickied.

But be forewarned: I suppose all bidders or supporters of this movement are officially pre-classified as

gassed message board drones

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I just busted a mega nut.

• WE NEED THAT SPEAR TOO... i wonder if its in the Kendricks Kollection??

I'll donate toward SS purchase if its won by a SS'er. i could contribute like $40

It could go in J.Paychecks store!

• It could go in J.Paychecks store!

I smell a photo booth in the making....

a pic of me in the chair!@#

• It could go in J.Paychecks store!

I love the enthusiasm...let's just make sure we're not stepping on some Cos-toes here...Mr. Baker? Your thoughts? and, please be honest if you want to bid on this yo-self, want it in the house w/ no visitors, etc...you set this off on the 'bay. not trying to usurp here.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Who gets the taped-together copy of People, Hold On??

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

I love the enthusiasm...let's just make sure we're not stepping on some Cos-toes here...Mr. Baker? Your thoughts? and, please be honest if you want to bid on this yo-self, want it in the house w/ no visitors, etc...you set this off on the 'bay. not trying to usurp here.

looks like we're gonna have to go to Rey's for pictures.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

looks like we're gonna have to go to Rey's for pictures.

I saw that. Which is strange, considering that in this case it's not a rare Fania LP that a Strutter had previously bid on.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I want the chair.

I will host it in my house. Anybody/everybody is welcome to come sit in it,

It's really special to me.

However, understanding exactly what the significance is, and given what I can allocate towards it's purchase, there's no guarantee that I'll get it. i will try my best to make it happen, and I really mean that, but I know that it's a statisticaly impossibility that I'll actually cop it. Like I said, i'll try, but at the very least, if i cannot do it, i would love to see it somehow get into the access of us Strutters - folks that really, REALLY, understand the significance of it, and who have an attachment to it.

I'm not gonna say my top price, but for all of us, let's get it.

• Can we get some matching cosmodollars?

Like, for every stack thrown down by Baker, the 'strut massive can match it?

I think, just in the last few pages of the thread, we could double the current bid.

• Can we get some matching cosmodollars?

Like, for every stack thrown down by Baker, the 'strut massive can match it?

I think, just in the last few pages of the thread, we could double the current bid.

OK. Time to organize...

EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE COSMO BAKER KENDRICKS CHAIR FUND!!!

PM ME. I WILL TALLY DONATIONS, AND WE CAN PAYPAL THEM TO COSMO BY SUNDAY AM TO MAKE OUR FINAL BID.

Who knows, if we get enough, maybe we can start bidding on the Kendricks stereo...

Will Post new thread on this momentarily.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'm sorry. I'm lost and too lazy to re-read the thread. Is the People Hold On chair on eBay??

• While I think these acts are noble, dollars to donuts says you won't meet the reserve.
    You know the reserve is completely absurd.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    BUHHHHBUMMMMMPHHHH...

Where is this thing? I'm thinking that I have to own it really and truly. Forget how much I initally bid but fuck it man...

• so what did that chair end up selling for?

this chair is equally iconic:

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I saw that EK chair for sale a few years ago (when this thread was new I think) for $1000 and it didn't sell, then I believe it relisted at $800. Not sure if anybody bought it.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    hahaha... "matching cosmodollars"

good bump.