World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    break down the math(s) for me, please...

but be sure to factor in a USA mega-win over these Algerian Raver Aquaman Xerxes mofos. Because we are going to mop the floor with them. Or whatever.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    A team that's not as good as it thinks it is, playing opposition that's better than they expect, whilst looking blankly at one another and wondering why they're not winning.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Oh, and Rooney - you're a fucking cunt.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    DOR said:
    Sad shit.

These guys know they are in qualifiers any longer right?

if England thought they were in a qualifier, they would have won 3-0. they were the most impressive qualifiers outside of the dutch, no?

• What's up the english? They can't seem to live up to expectations!

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Worst match of the whole damn tourney so far.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    My god England was just sad today. Beaten at midfield again.

Bradley was jogging the entire first half letting Slovenia do whatever they pleased. He's lucky to have gotten redemption. What a shite call to steal a W for us today. We're gonna need a lot of heart to beat Algeria. They play organized and show speed on the wings.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

• Todays officiating was atrocious. The Serbia/Germany game was the worst. Yellow cards for the most minute contact. I knew that there was going to be an ejection soon, but I thought that might happen in the 2nd half. Not near the end of the 1st. But minus all those "penalties," Germany still had many chances inside to score and make it a draw.

But the U.S./Slovenia match was the best one of them all. That referee didn't seem to want the U.S. to win or something. From a Yellow card given to a player who was hit in the face with the ball to the nulling of that 3rd goal, I honestly prayed that the referee would make it out of the stadium alive. Bradley and Dempsey were coming at him fast, too. Although I was rooting for Slovenia in this one, I think the U.S. deserved the win.

And Britain. Oh, Britain. What happened?! Are you still suffering from the shellshock of having to tie with the U.S.?! And Rooney. The deal?!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    asstro said:

I think they should have a France-England match and then shoot however loses. That should light a fire under one of those squads.

• asstro said:

What? It was proper comedy. I couldn't stop laughing at how embarrasingly bad England were.

incompletejigsaw said:
    And Britain. Oh, Britain. What happened?! Are you still suffering from the shellshock of having to tie with the U.S.?! And Rooney. The deal?!

You must mean England.

Scotland and Wales weren't involved (and probably couldn't play that badly if they tried).

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    neil_something said:

You must mean England.

I FIND I GET AN EVEN BETTER REACTION FROM "BRITTISH." THAT WAY YOU CAN GET IT WRONG AND MISSSPELL IT AT THE SAME TIME. DOUBLEDOSE OF AMURKAN ARROGANCE. IF THE MOOD'S RIGHT, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THERE TEETH OR ALWAYS NEEDING US TO BAIL THEM OUT OF THEYRE WARS OR WHATEVER.

THESE ARE THE STAPLES.

• neil_something said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

You must mean England.

Scotland and Wales weren't involved (and probably couldn't play that badly if they tried).

I keep forgetting. Thanks for correcting me.

Obviously, Stuart Cable's death has hit Rooney harder than we first thought.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I know everyone has focused on Bradley getting fouled on this play but check out the headlock Bocanegra is in. Shit is sick. The only possible foul they could have called was on Dempsey for pushing off which was nothing compared to what the Slovenians were doing.

Nah, you guys were pretty much robbed there.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    asstro said:

England/Algeria? I thought it was the most exciting I've seen yet (I've only been able to watch a handful of others so far...).

It didn't look like England were playing bad football - they had lots of good opportunities to score (although few shots on net and some atrocious corner kicks) - it just looked like Algeria played an ideal defensive game to me. They kept lots of pressure on when England had the ball, forcing them to play at a very high pace (which i don't think is England's strength), and did a decent job of passing the ball around/not giving it up too easily when they had possession.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    Oh, and the other reason it was exciting for me is because I could taste the sweet relish of England choking yet again for most of the match.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts

Fuck him. He earned two grand for that shitshow and he barely put a foot right all night. I'm sick to fucking death of watching England teams play like they met for the first time in the tunnel five minutes before kick-off. If Rooney genuinely believes that booing was undeserved, he's an even bigger cunt than I already think he is. As the one faux_rillz might put it, straight tenderberries.

• http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/source-fifa-may-sit-slovenia-u-s-referee--fbintl_ro-referee061810.html

For some reason, I do feel sorry for the ref. It's not just heavy pressure on the players.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I've looked at the clip several times now & there was, in fact, mostly foul play from the Slovenian side, however the call was allegedly made due to this:
    "Coulibaly appeared to rule that American midfielder Michael Bradley had impeded a Slovenian defender, even though video replays showed no infringement."
    If you look closely you'll see his arms reaching back to hold the Slovenian player, which is what allowed for the ball to get through to the goal scorer. If not for that the goal would have been legit or a penalty could have probably been issued.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    ketan said:

It didn't look like England were playing bad football -

Did you watch the same game I did? That was bad football.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    England vs Algeria... I spent Saturday pulling myself together, but it was hard. That game left me a broken, confused, lost soul, totally alone and unable to make sense of anything.

As their next game will be their last at this World Cup, I just hope they have some fun on Wednesday. String a few passes together, have a shot on goal or something, maybe try nut-megging somebody for the instant replay appeal. Have a laugh.

Slovenia & USA deserve to go through at this stage. Still think Germany could meet the Argies in the final.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Oh duke, that PM was funny, and on-point.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    kiwis !!

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    Refs totally out of his depth and is getting suckered by the Italians. They don't like it up em.

EDIT: Penalty was fair enough doh

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    i just tuned in... Fuckin hell...

whodathunk?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    NZ needs to grow some balls and make a fucking play already.