World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    I love teh World Cup, I love teh World Cup, I love teh World Cup, I love teh World Cup, I love teh World Cup, I love teh World Cup, I love teh World Cup, I love teh World Cup, I love teh World Cup!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

The bars in Switzerland must be wild right about now!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    That was a fun game to watch.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    BBBBBBBBBBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZZZRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZZZRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    nzshadow said:

"How dare the Aussies take credit for our win," he wrote. "That we had a fantastic moment of glory for them to piggy-back off is unacceptable."

Speaking as an Aussie i was stoked to see NZ's result after the abomination on monday and i'll always back your cricket squad, especially the one day side, whenever they're not playing our arrogant bunch of pricks, but i can't see how that's not a media beat up. Not a single person i know has spoken in anything resembling those terms, most of them have already jumped ship to their backup euroman country that they are 4 generations removed from.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Why there's no single UK team, explained (for us murricans):

http://www.slate.com/id/2257065/

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Darren Fletcher of Scotland might have made the difference in the match. would have won it single-handed

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    willie_fugal said:

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I woulda stopped both Brazil goals. Just sayin'

• catalist said:
    willie_fugal said:

still blaming canada for everything i see.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/world_cup/2010/06/14/wcup-cdn-model-0/

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Rob Green has trained today and in 3 hours he had 4000 shots fired at him and did not concede a single goal. Tomorrow, him and Heskey will train with the rest of the squad???

-

And in other news Rio Ferdinand has taken up writing to while away the empty hours - http://twitter.com/rioferdy5
    (reasons to hate football #1263, subsection "Rio Turdinhand"

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    USA scored 0 today and so did Slovenia AKA we won another!!!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Pundit said:
    nzshadow said:

"How dare the Aussies take credit for our win," he wrote. "That we had a fantastic moment of glory for them to piggy-back off is unacceptable."

Speaking as an Aussie i was stoked to see NZ's result after the abomination on monday and i'll always back your cricket squad, especially the one day side, whenever they're not playing our arrogant bunch of pricks, but i can't see how that's not a media beat up. Not a single person i know has spoken in anything resembling those terms, most of them have already jumped ship to their backup euroman country that they are 4 generations removed from.

Sayin.

I would love to have been at the meeting where the SMH editors decided to wind up the kiwis,

i think its funny as hell, the fact that we took the bait makes it even funnier.

this is a team noone had heard of a year ago, noone gave a toss about 24 hours ago and now it is one of the country's greatest sporting moments... GTFOOHWTBS.

good on them for doing what they did especially coming from a country where football is called gayball more than soccer.

back when i was at school if you elected to play "gayball" the PE teacher made you run the gauntlet of the Rugby 1st fifteen who were dishing out facepunches. Really.

not many of us knock-kneed wee fellas elected to play gayball.

Hup Holland.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    There's also GayFL..

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    catalist said:
    willie_fugal said:

still blaming canada for everything i see.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/world_cup/2010/06/14/wcup-cdn-model-0/

I like the fact that in the pic above it's a Scotsman using the force to put the goal in the net haha

• Here's an interesting article about the World Cup coverage here in the UK:

'The level of punditry is patronising and insulting'
    http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Tom-English-39The-level-of.6364084.jp

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    uruguay have arrived!

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Uruguay won't last long I'm afraid, but it's nice to see my man Suarez being involved in the goals!

b/w

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    1000fm said:
    Uruguay won't last long I'm afraid, but it's nice to see my man Suarez being involved in the goals!

b/w

2 great center backs, forlan is damn acurrate with his crosses & suarez isn't bad on the other end of them either, i may have to wager on them going past last 16

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    They have some great players, but there's not really any idea behind their tactics. They've been incosistent for a while now because of this and they kinda got lucky in the South American qualifiers. With a bit of luck they might make it to the quarter finals, but I doubt they'll get past that stage.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    :comedy_gold:

Argies still looking good.

A man down and Greece just equalised. Not good. C'mon Nigeria. Feed the Yak.

How the fusk did Nigeria screw that up? Three-on-one, AND two bites of the cherry, and they couldn't score.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Maradona might well be the best thing about this World Cup so far. comedy gold.

• Okem said:
    Maradona might well be the best thing about this World Cup so far. comedy gold.

And even now he still looks straight out of the 1980's. It must be the bouffant hair. Make's me properly nostalgic.

And how did Nigeria f*ck that up? Greece are down there with the worst teams of this competition.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    jesus france is soooooo boring. hope mexico drops a few more into the old onion bag in these last 15.

• bon nuit, fran??aise...

also, how good to it was to hear the mexican fans singing rather than the vuvuzelas?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    univision is my schitt. I don't speak spanish, but the announcers seem to have a lot more fun...I could hear them oui oui riberrrrrry etc.

france is garbage.

AND THEIR SOCCER TEAM SUCKS TOO!!!! HIYOOOOOOOOOO