A movie about my sister....

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited June 2010 in Strut Central
Just a little quick short jawn.

"Through the Lens of Zoe Strauss" from Ted Passon on Vimeo.

Comments

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Looks good! Your sister seems like an awesome woman.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    cool vid, i was about to ask what the cool soundtrack music was, but then realised I'd left my itunes playing in the background lol

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    i love all the women in your family cos.
    they're all super smart and at the same time very kind and emotionally intelligent.
    zoe is doing amazing work and philly has such abundance that she really captures well as only someone who grew there could do. love the krass brothers ads peppered in there.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The ladies in my family all love you too Abby, that's very much real talk.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Thank you for sharing that, that was a great short peice, your sister has one hell of an eye.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    That was beautiful. Thanks for sharing, Cosmo!

• scebasceba 122 Posts
    cool thanks!

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    great video, made me smile

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Superb stuff. The Flipping story was great.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    EXCELLENT NEED MORE :necessary:

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,098 Posts
    Thanks for sharing. Short but sweet.

• coolchriscoolchris 301 Posts
    Really nice work. She is my kinda photographer, totally unpretentious and all about trust and the subject. I always liked that photo of the kids mattress flipping. She reps the city well, just like my favorite local San Francisco photographer -Ted Pushinski.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Very nice.....talented lady.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    That was cool to see, thanks Cos.

• :feelin_it:

So great! She's a real talent. Loved hearing her tell the stories behind her photos.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    thanks for sharing cosmo. i, too, would be a proud brother.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Thanks for posting, Cos! That was great.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Very nice.....talented lady.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Cos,

The video was great, and your sister has incredibly expressive photography. Her stories made her photos come to live even more. She is amazingly talented, so I'm sure you're very proud of her.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I loved the stories behind the photographs, especially the one with the elderly clothing store owner. But that flip photo was spectacular.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    mr. baker, does she have work for sale? my girl fell in love with her.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    very fresh. i'd be a very proud brother.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Thansk for the love, dudes. Yeah I'm proud as a motherfucker. And for the homie that asked about buying work, I hit her up about it and I'm waiting to hear back, but for now you can check her blog out maybe there's answers on that http://zoestrauss.blogspot.com/

• tecatetecate 73 Posts
    WOW. That was great. If ever there is a west coast show of her photography I will be there.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Word she does a lot of traveling all over the globe, speaking engagements, as well as shows big and small and all that stuff. I kind of feel funny I'm not even really tryting to be like "Yo buy my sister's stuff" just more along the lines of "I'm proud of my sister so check this movie out."

That being said she usually just prints joints out herself and sells them, but she's on hiatus right now for printing so if anyone really wanted to cop you have to go through her gallery - http://www.brucesilverstein.com/

Her book is always alvailable on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/America-Steve-Crist/dp/1934429139

Okay enough trying to sell stuff for now... Thanks for everyone's response and glad you dudes dug it. It's my sister you know what I'm saying so like I'm biased but I love her stuff too, and especially once you understand the drive behind it, framing it a little bit. Funny, it's just people from the neighborhood you know... she still lives there.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    thanks for the info, will definitely check out the book.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    For some reason I couldn't get the video to load yesterday, but I can only echo everyone else's sentiments now I've got to see it. Great stuff, and a cool little film.